Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Hippie Pipe - Hippie W

Helios

Butane powered portable. Slim profile design unique to our niche market, uses a visual indicator during torching to let user know its ready to go. Still must respect the cool down period. Anyone fiddled with the hippie ever?
20200615_091630.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting... at first I thought it was a rip off of the DV. They seem to have some very similar parts, but the way they've configured the internals is a bit different. And no 'cap.' It's more of a chamber. The spring is a bit funny.... seems like the 'telescopic heating chamber' slides in like the ink cartridge in a ballpoint pen.

IMG_0247.png

Looks interesting as it had a heat indicator but is manual vape. Could be competition for Dynavap but i see it getting gunky with that spring & moving parts. Hoping I am wrong but butane vapes need to be simple & dependable.

What cracks me up with the "real carbon fiber" & "real x wood". Maybe for the CF but fake wood? Who would use fake wood in a vape?

Yes, very interesting.....not sure if I feel it's a DV knock off or not. Superficially it looks very similar and the principle is the same....but beyond it kind of goes it's seperate way from there.

Being exclusively a torch guy, props for the innovation though and would seriously consider trying....I kinda like what I see.

I'm not usually an early adopter but will be following with interest.:popcorn:

Mom, any chance as admin you could invite them to the discussion?

I'd buy one right now and give it a whirl, but would prefer to purchase via any of the forum supporters...

Last edited:
Looks interesting as it had a heat indicator but is manual vape. Could be competition for Dynavap but i see it getting gunky with that spring & moving parts. Hoping I am wrong but butane vapes need to be simple & dependable.

What cracks me up with the "real carbon fiber" & "real x wood". Maybe for the CF but fake wood? Who would use fake wood in a vape?

Someone selling a knock off vape sourced out of China?

The skeptic in me thinks their website is a bit vague...and even worse, it's possible that there are no real hippies behind the curtain....but would love to be proved wrong.

Done. We'll see if they bite. :smile:

Thanx Mom. It'd be cool to hear their story....& maybe take a few questions.

@Basement Farmer my lady found it on touch of modern she scooped it up $40 idk if deal still holds check it out!

Cool...thanks Helios. Will scope it out. What's her opinion?

The hippie can rip, first bowl used about. 05 had a solid 4-5 hits only 2 were terpy goodness, subsequent pulls became harsh yet manageable. My initial load charred due to a slight learning curve, my gripe is with the visual indicator, if one hits it in low light it will be tricky to see it change color, once one gets it dialed in hippie can definitely hit hard. More testing is needed, curious if an IH would work? Water conditioning would b an issue however I'm not 100% certain yet.
If on fence wait for a deal online, butane fans.. it's worth a look imo.

Last edited:
The hippie can rip, first bowl used about. 05 had a solid 4-5 hits only 2 were terpy goodness, subsequent pulls became harsh yet manageable. My intiail load charred due to a slight learning curve, my gripe is with the visual indicator, if one hits it in low light it will be tricky to see it change color, once one gets it dialed in hippie can definitely hit hard. More testing is needed, curious if an IH would work? Water conditioning would b an issue however I'm not 100% certain yet.
Very cool, thanks for the info. I'm always interested in butane vapes. You can get 20% off when you sign up for emails. I think I'm going to give it a whirl.

The hippie can rip, first bowl used about. 05 had a solid 4-5 hits only 2 were terpy goodness, subsequent pulls became harsh yet manageable. My intiail load charred due to a slight learning curve, my gripe is with the visual indicator, if one hits it in low light it will be tricky to see it change color, once one gets it dialed in hippie can definitely hit hard. More testing is needed, curious if an IH would work? Water conditioning would b an issue however I'm not 100% certain yet.

Thanks for enabling my problem with that positive review...I neeeeeeed to obsess until I obtain one...ha, ha.

how's the heft? They feel solid? Can always appreciate more pics

I know right?!.. The color change indicator annoyed the shit out of me, if they somehow improve this idea it has legs, otherwise yea shelve it.

SP is almost always super stoked in his reviews.....he seemed so disappointed in this one

I agree, it's a good idea. Almost like it's trying to do too much/ too much going on for something so simple.

Credit tho for trying hard to not be a Dynavap knockoff and trying to offer some new features.

Also, my impression is that the vast majority of the market is geared towards battery driven devices (hence the plethora of new reviews) , so seeing something fresh that is torch heated is kind of nice.

Still gotta wonder about their marketing tho. Why no interest in adressing this forum from the HP people? Haven't checked FC in a while....maybe there? Seems to me like there is a lack of engagement.

That's what makes Dynavap special....great engineered and made product that has had incremental improvements over time and backed by a company & CEO that is super involved.

Still gotta wonder about their marketing tho. Why no interest in adressing this forum from the HP people?
I did reach out to them and they expressed interest in joining and answering any questions. Thought I remembered them doing so... but just went to check and it doesn't look like they ever did. If there is still interest, I can reach out again.

Edit: Just shot them another email. We'll see....

Last edited:
Been reading reviews about the HP and I gotta admit, I cannot read the instructional manual. Hope they fix this up but the pen itself I find it okay to use. Not that stoked though.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back