Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Homemade CBD Tincture

deep_meditation

A local dispensary offers a CBD oil tincture which I believe is in coconut oil form - it’s not alcohol, that’s for sure. It’s also quite expensive.

I’m guessing this is the type that can only be purchased at a dispensary and not via mail order, at a head shop, or wherever.

How difficult would this be to make at home? I have several strains that are high CBD and a few that are “CBD only.”

If I wanted to infuse the CBD into coconut oil would I follow the same or similar instructions for THC “canna oil”?

I know there are recipes for this online but I thought I would as here as well.

How difficult would this be to make at home? I have several strains that are high CBD and a few that are “CBD only.”

If I wanted to infuse the CBD into coconut oil would I follow the same or similar instructions for THC “canna oil”?
It's not difficult at all, but not the same process.... the one important factor is that when you make the THC version, you heat the herb with the oil. You do not do this for CBD oil; instead letting it infuse over time in a jar. And because of that, you might want to add a blend of oils rather than straight coconut oil. Coconut oil tends to solidify unless you use this type:

NWY-15857-1.jpg

This seems to be a good recipe..... I've edited out the beginning that is all about needing to be a legal patient and to know your laws. I've skipped right to the recipe. To read the entire article just hit the link in the title.

HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS CBD INFUSED OIL
The first step once you have your dried buds from a high CBD strain is to decarboxylate them. This is actually an optional but recommended step, as it will make more of the CBD bioavailable to the body. Luckily, it’s an easy process as well. Simply spread your buds out in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake at 230°F for 40 minutes.

decarbing-cbd-cannabis-2.jpg

As you may have noticed, we did not trim all of the inner leaves off of these buds, because they were covered with crystals that we didn’t want to go to waste!

Then put your decarbed cannabis buds into a jar and completely cover them with the carrier oil of your choice. I used a blend of approximately 25% unrefined coconut oil, 25% sweet almond oil, and 50% extra virgin olive oil.

pouring-oil-on-cannabid-buds.jpg

Cover the jar with a lid and let sit in a dark place for several weeks. You may want to gently heat your oil a few times while it’s infusing, especially if you did not decarb your buds first. I like to do this in my Excalibur dehydrator, as it has excellent temperature control. I don’t like to heat my oils at too high of a temperature in order to preserve the quality of the oil and to keep it from going rancid. This is not as much of an issue if you are making edibles rather than topicals, as they are generally consumed within a much shorter amount of time.

After a few weeks, strain the buds out of your oil. If you want to make a super strong CBD infused oil, place a second round of decarbed buds into the oil and repeat the process.

straining-cannabis-cbd-oil-2.jpg

You will end up with a highly fragrant and beautiful CBD rich oil!

cannabis-cbd-infused-oil.jpg

There are many amazing uses for this oil, but the most popular use is probably for its pain relieving properties.

Nice post mom!

I've been spoiled, I've only made medibles and cannacaps out of concentrates for over five years now. Your post reminds me, its much easier, lol.

If you want a thin oil type tincture that stays liquid at room temperatures you might wanna try hemp oil. It has some health benefits on its own.

We make a weak tincture with hemp oil that we put on our elderly dogs food. And I keep a eye dropper bottle with a stronger tincture that we can dose food (or coffee) with or just use under the tongue.

Edit : I wonder why they claim that decarboliized weed makes the cbd more bio available? Different? Yes, but more available? And why decarb seperate then take pains to not heat the mix? If you decarb in the oil mix, you can trap some of the terpenes lost decarbing in an oven.

Last edited:
Edit : I wonder why they claim that decarboliized weed makes the cbd more bio available? Different? Yes, but more available? And why decarb seperate then take pains to not heat the mix? If you decarb in the oil mix, you can trap some of the terpenes lost decarbing in an oven.
You know... I wondered that very same thing. I had always heard that no heat was the key to CBD. So it surprised me that, not only did she decarb, she also suggested:

gently heat your oil a few times while it’s infusing, especially if you did not decarb your buds first. I like to do this in my Excalibur dehydrator, as it has excellent temperature control. I don’t like to heat my oils at too high of a temperature in order to preserve the quality of the oil and to keep it from going rancid.

So beats me.... seems to me that gently heating the herb (with no decarb) a couple times during the soak would be the most beneficial in this case.

It's not difficult at all, but not the same process.... the one important factor is that when you make the THC version, you heat the herb with the oil. You do not do this for CBD oil; instead letting it infuse over time in a jar. And because of that, you might want to add a blend of oils rather than straight coconut oil. Coconut oil tends to solidify unless you use this type:

NWY-15857-1.jpg

This seems to be a good recipe..... I've edited out the beginning that is all about needing to be a legal patient and to know your laws. I've skipped right to the recipe. To read the entire article just hit the link in the title.

HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS CBD INFUSED OIL
The first step once you have your dried buds from a high CBD strain is to decarboxylate them. This is actually an optional but recommended step, as it will make more of the CBD bioavailable to the body. Luckily, it’s an easy process as well. Simply spread your buds out in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake at 230°F for 40 minutes.

View attachment 2613

As you may have noticed, we did not trim all of the inner leaves off of these buds, because they were covered with crystals that we didn’t want to go to waste!

Then put your decarbed cannabis buds into a jar and completely cover them with the carrier oil of your choice. I used a blend of approximately 25% unrefined coconut oil, 25% sweet almond oil, and 50% extra virgin olive oil.

View attachment 2612
Cover the jar with a lid and let sit in a dark place for several weeks. You may want to gently heat your oil a few times while it’s infusing, especially if you did not decarb your buds first. I like to do this in my Excalibur dehydrator, as it has excellent temperature control. I don’t like to heat my oils at too high of a temperature in order to preserve the quality of the oil and to keep it from going rancid. This is not as much of an issue if you are making edibles rather than topicals, as they are generally consumed within a much shorter amount of time.

After a few weeks, strain the buds out of your oil. If you want to make a super strong CBD infused oil, place a second round of decarbed buds into the oil and repeat the process.

View attachment 2611
You will end up with a highly fragrant and beautiful CBD rich oil!

View attachment 2614

There are many amazing uses for this oil, but the most popular use is probably for its pain relieving properties.

Thank you! I’m going to give this a go with a small amount of cookie drizzle to see how it turns out.

You know... I wondered that very same thing. I had always heard that no heat was the key to CBD. S

So beats me.... seems to me that gently heating the herb (with no decarb) a couple times during the soak would be the most beneficial in this case.

So it's not just me? Good. I was also wondering about this.
I know that when some vegetables are heated that increases their levels of cetain vitamins; Lycopene, Beta carotene. But, it can also reduce amounts of others; Vitamin C.
I wonder if heating cannabis is the same. I mean it is green, leafy, edible and nutritious. :smile:
Too many damn variables. If consuming raw you don't get all the benefits. If heating, you get some benefits, buy may lose others. If heating, then reheating... do you... go back in time or grow horns? :thinker:
It gets confusing.

Last edited:
Greetings my friends!

I just wanted to comment that strictly speaking, you do need to decarboxylate to get cbda's therapeutic properties into your body.

CBDA is not necessarily less bioavailable than CBD. CBDA has its own beneficial properties. You may like to try the processes suggested above with a decarb and without and compare which you prefer. I have not personally come across any research that would suggest that one is always going to be better than the other.

I think the problem is that people are used to THCA requiring decarboxylation into THC to be psychoactive (strictly speaking, THCA can have effects on the body when eaten too, just not so much of the psychoactive effects that you get from eating THC that most people are seeking from those chemovars) when it is eaten. The same cannot necessarily be said for CBD and CBDA, from my reading of the literature.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back