Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips How Do You Clean Your Glass

That would be a very large zip lock bag for your big 16" beaker!:rofl:
edit, and a 1/4 gallon of iso to fill :razz2:

First everything gets disassembled, whips screens adapters, ect. Then into a 64 oz basin full of nasty old ISO for a soak and a shake. Next into a sink for a detergent soak and/or scrub followed by either a faucet or distilled water rinse depending on if the piece is going onto a shelf or back into service. Works well except after party days when it's dishwasher time.

Last edited:
First everything gets disassembled, whips screens adapters, ect. Then into a 64 oz basin full of nasty old ISO for a soak and a shake. Next into a sink for a detergent soak and/or scrub followed by either a faucet or distilled water rinse depending on if the piece is going onto a shelf or back into service. Works well except after party days when it's dishwasher time.

My water pipe has a diffuser in it and came with a bowl
You could combust flower but the debris and tar would require daily cleaning

One thing I do not miss is the dirty bong water smell that permeated the house
The only time I smell like weed is when I pack a wand with flower

Do not miss smoking or smelling like cannabis smoke

Still keep my cleaning to distilled water (boiled) and everclear 190
The boiled water heats the glass up nicely
Empty it and a quick blow through gives the water pipe a nice evaporation
Don't put your lips on it, just blow a couple of inches away from the mouthpiece
Wait a minute or two and add a couple of tablespoons of ever clear and give it a good shake to remove any residue the boiled water did not get
Empty the alcohol and another round of boiled distilled water
Empty and another blow and give it 10 minutes for everything to evaporate
My water pipe is pretty straight forward so the more intricate your glass piece the more time for evaporation
I use silicone gloves for this

The baggie method for the wands looks like a good idea
I avoid plastic at all costs but this may be one of those exceptions

Sorry for the ramble but just finished up the sump pump and drainage job, almost
1.5 inch rubber coupling is keeping me from completion
The coupling I have is a 1.25 to a1.5
The 1.5 inch end was sticking up from the plastic shoebox so I thought I had one
F*cking stoners
Just had some infused peach sorbet and cannot drive

Am I off topic yet?

Puffco glass in a jar of iso in a water bath...looks like my ultrasonic cleaner basket needs cleaning...I suppose I could just fill it to a higher water level and run it.
1635746860550.jpg

The iso has cleaned the PPP glass each day since owning it (I run hot water through the glass before and after the iso)

I noticed that a lot of people mention “Dark Crystal Glass Cleaner”. There are two types. One comes in a 24oz clear bottle and the other in a small dropper bottle. Which one are people using? I ordered the 24oz bottle and it’s way to my home.
Let us know how you like it. I only use PBW or Simple Green. But I'm always open to trying something new.

Had my first cleaning of a banger
Used rosin as the concentrate and had this film that would not come off with 190 proof Everclear and salt
Didn't scrub too hard because of etching
Tried some Magic Eraser pieces and it worked pretty well
Did not get pics before the cleaning
IMG_20220221_113524.jpgIMG_20220221_113537.jpgIMG_20220221_113612.jpgIMG_20220221_113617.jpgIMG_20220221_113621.jpgIMG_20220221_113637.jpg

When you tear them out a little corner that is glued to the cardboard is left behind
Perfect for small jobs
I used a metal concentrate tool but will switch over to bamboo shoots
Last pic is the neck, the interior of the banger was covered in this film and I will try to clean this with something flexible to get the magic eraser in there
One or two dark specs in there but the rest is pretty good
Did not realize how dirty it was

IMG_20220221_120903.jpgIMG_20220221_123312.jpg

Here is the neck after working a small piece of the magic eraser through
It got stuck but that just means using a smaller piece
I used a wire bottle brush to work the eraser through the neck
Maybe a silicon piece that is all silicone and very bendy might help
If they make such a piece

Sorry if this magic eraser thing has already been posted

Magic eraser is magic.lol. I did find though that it overtimes sort of sands your glass, and even though "clean as a whistle',though residues stick now quicker to the glass .;for example the top op several of my bongs I have cleaned for a long time this way(clean freak here:goofy:),are now in my observation quicker 'dirty' than the pieces I never touched with Magic eraser.same with glass down stems in the bong.:twocents:.

my new method is the same I think as @LesPlenty , glass jar filled with warm water PBW, for 2x5 minute runs in the sonic cleaner.perfect:nod:.

My Obsidian(for on the Hybrid)get's a daily clean in a jar with 99%Iso. I simply drop it in there let it alone for 10 minutes(or longer if you forget..)grab an 20ml serinche (injection)and fill that a couple of times with the iso and spray with force trough the obsidian.and viola a clean Obsidian. after this I repeat in another 99%Iso jar to clean possible left oils of, as the first jar is used for problem 200 times, so that get's a bit tacky at the end of that period.
Rinse with warm water(I have a 5 fold filtration water system for the whole house so no mineral deposits on there from doing this.),and yummy a clean obsidian ready for use.
Love

Magic eraser is magic.lol. I did find though that it overtimes sort of sands your glass, and even though "clean as a whistle',though residues stick now quicker to the glass .;for example the top op several of my bongs I have cleaned for a long time this way(clean freak here:goofy:),are now in my observation quicker 'dirty' than the pieces I never touched with Magic eraser.same with glass down stems in the bong.:twocents:.

my new method is the same I think as @LesPlenty , glass jar filled with warm water PBW, for 2x5 minute runs in the sonic cleaner.perfect:nod:.

My Obsidian(for on the Hybrid)get's a daily clean in a jar with 99%Iso. I simply drop it in there let it alone for 10 minutes(or longer if you forget..)grab an 20ml serinche (injection)and fill that a couple of times with the iso and spray with force trough the obsidian.and viola a clean Obsidian. after this I repeat in another 99%Iso jar to clean possible left oils of, as the first jar is used for problem 200 times, so that get's a bit tacky at the end of that period.
Rinse with warm water(I have a 5 fold filtration water system for the whole house so no mineral deposits on there from doing this.),and yummy a clean obsidian ready for use.
Love

I posted hoping someone had some feedback
These are cheap bangers from a local store
Best way to start

Don't have a sonic cleaner
My concern was some form of etching or micro abrasion
Seems to make sense that the tiny edges and pockets created by the eraser would catch and retain debris
Have to weigh the pros and cons

I have found that PBW works GREAT for glass I flower vape with but not glass used for concentrates.

For that, its ISO or go home.

I do have a small US cleaner I bought off of Amazon for $59 and it works a treat. I use is for all sorts of vaping bits and pieces (like FP Shovel Head for example). I put the bits in a zip lock bag, add some ISO, put it in the US cleaner and then add water up to the line and run it. Stuff comes out brilliantly clean.

U S Cleaner on Amazon (I have zero idea why I can't embed the link in the text...it cuts most of the link out and shows it as "media" and its not clickable)

Last edited:
The best way to get those stains off the banger (bar torching) is a soak in SimpleGreen on a warner of some type. Q-tip every couple of hours until sparkling with no fear of scratching/chazzing.
A larger container with 50/50 water/SG is also great for cleaning bongs, just leave them submerged for a day or so (thanks @momofthegoons and @felvapes).

I have found that PBW works GREAT for glass I flower vape with but not glass used for concentrates.

For that, its ISO to go home.

I do have a small US cleaner I bought off of Amazon for $59 and it works a treat. I use is for all sorts of vaping bits and pieces (like FP Shovel Head for example). I put the bits in a zip lock bag, add some ISO, put it in the US cleaner and then add water up to the line and run it. Stuff comes out brilliantly clean.

Amazon product ASIN B072JXQ9P5
I rise avec distilled H2O at da end B-4 consumption. (Flavor is important 4 da COLA da CANNABIS SATIVA/INDICA/HYBRID pick your type 2-enjoy)!

50/50 SG/water in us cleaner
5mins
Cleans all bongs, bangers and bits
Water rinse, white vinegar rinse, water rinse

Showroom sparkly clean

If a stubborn banger stain a torch is quick and effective

If don't own a us cleaner a bucket 50/50 SG/water overnight soak is good too

As a lot of you know, I use Simple Green to clean my glass. I had noticed that it wasn't really doing the job on my bangers.... and had started having to torch them to get that last little bit of the ring left by the coil.

Not any longer. When I bought my e-slurp set up from 710coils, I noticed that he recommends using the Simple Green warmed up. I bought one of those electric coffee warmers and a mug that has a lid.

Amazon product ASIN B000CO89T8
Amazon product ASIN B09WPY22YD
I took the cork base off the mug and filled it with Simple Green (doesn't matter which one as long as it's the concentrate and not diluted) and keep it capped with the top when not in use. Then when I have a dirty banger or inserts, I drop them in there, turn on the heat, recap it and soak for a few hours. They come out sparkling clean with no ring left. Sometimes I need to just wipe a bit with a qtip to loosen a bit of residue in the creases but then it rinses right out. The only downside is that I notice the Simple Green sort of starts to degrade... if that's even right it gets sort of slimy... after several uses. I didn't count... but it was a couple weeks worth of cleaning. But for that small of an amount I don't mind replacing it often.

As a lot of you know, I use Simple Green to clean my glass. I had noticed that it wasn't really doing the job on my bangers.... and had started having to torch them to get that last little bit of the ring left by the coil.

Not any longer. When I bought my e-slurp set up from 710coils, I noticed that he recommends using the Simple Green warmed up. I bought one of those electric coffee warmers and a mug that has a lid.

Amazon product ASIN B000CO89T8
Amazon product ASIN B09WPY22YD
I took the cork base off the mug and filled it with Simple Green (doesn't matter which one as long as it's the concentrate and not diluted) and keep it capped with the top when not in use. Then when I have a dirty banger or inserts, I drop them in there, turn on the heat, recap it and soak for a few hours. They come out sparkling clean with no ring left. Sometimes I need to just wipe a bit with a qtip to loosen a bit of residue in the creases but then it rinses right out. The only downside is that I notice the Simple Green sort of starts to degrade... if that's even right it gets sort of slimy... after several uses. I didn't count... but it was a couple weeks worth of cleaning. But for that small of an amount I don't mind replacing it often.
Wiah i could do this...
Its a shame simple green is priced so high here.. stupidly expensive.. like 80 quid i think for 5l.... cheaper to clean it with antimatter...

Wow it's not expensive here like that
I wonder why that is
You could try the warmer mug with iso
Screenshot_20221221_095934_Samsung Internet.jpg

Get 6 liters of lab grade iso for 20 quid... i dont seem to have any problem keeping it clean..

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back