Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips How Do You Clean Your Glass

Also wonder if using some SG in there would work better too?
That's the first thing I thought as well. And you wouldn't have to use much....

I have a small ultrasonic cleaner that I use to clean jewelry and my glasses. Holds a little over 2 cups of liquid. For that I use a small capful of the cleaner they suggested. I'm guessing here... but your cleaner looks to be about twice the size... maybe 3 times. I think you could get away with less than a capful of Simple Green because it's so concentrated.

Then again... if SG is expensive to buy where you are (or worse if you have to pay shipping... I know how costly that is) perhaps something like a degreaser would work?

And yes... definitely run hot, hot water through your rig first....

You would only need the SG in the bong, not in the ultrasonic cleaner, I could even fill the bong with iso, let it heat to 44C(half the boiling point of iso approx) and reclaim the oil, but I am looking for the easiest and cheapest way after spending so much on a cleaner to start with. @momofthegoons you could use the following filled with iso in your small-ultrasonic cleaner;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Glass-Clear-Test-Tube-Bottle-vials-Screw-Cap-Flat-bottom-90ML-37mm-120mm-EW/232604139341?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
HB1057-3.jpg

And a US link;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Glass-Cl...h=item1a16e3a26a:g:PAsAAOSw0kNXgvNS:rk:1:pf:0
Great for Vapcap Tips, Arizer stems, F2 stems, concentrate pads, screens etc

Last edited:
I reuse the same IPA to clean my glass for like a year now. I poor it in, shake it up good, dump back in the bottle, and then use soap and water to finish the job. Sometimes I need to repeat the process one more time if my glass is especially dirty. Dirty vape glass is clean compared to combustion glass, though. Anyway, my ipa is dark dark brown from all the cleanings and there is only a half bottle left from spilling

I like acetone personally for cleaning glass :thumbsup:. Quick & simple suits me just fine & glass does not get really dirty compared to combustion.

Our water is brutally hard here so I use distilled to rinse with . . .
Hard water can make things a lot more difficult. Rinsing with distilled water, being a great place to begin, ultimately may not negate or improve damage that happens over time. It also won't help in the cleaning process. PBW is made to combat hard water and its effects. PBW is not only inexpensive, and does so many jobs so well, but it is also environmentally beneficial going down the drain . . . :peace:

Last edited:
Hmmm. $35 CAD for a gallon of Simple green. Sounds a bit steep, but i just looked at my local head shop to see what's available for glass. Their best seller was Randy's black label... That was $10 for 12oz. I'll order some SG!

For every day cleaning I don't need to soak pieces for days do I? like an hour soak would do? I'm not one to leave stagnant water for the next day... Also, does simple green stink? Do your glass pieces stink??

Hmmm. $35 CAD for a gallon of Simple green. Sounds a bit steep, but i just looked at my local head shop to see what's available for glass. Their best seller was Randy's black label... That was $10 for 12oz. I'll order some SG!

For every day cleaning I don't need to soak pieces for days do I? like an hour soak would do? I'm not one to leave stagnant water for the next day... Also, does simple green stink? Do your glass pieces stink??

Simple green has a smell. It's something like a root beer smell. It's not real strong and goes away when you rinse the pipe. Pbw is odorless.

Pbw works better on tough jobs. And I use overnight soaks

Edit don't use simple green on plastic. The plastic will retain the smell. I used it on a mighty cooling unit, and i had to soak it in lemon juice to get the smell/taste out

Last edited:
I wish I had come across this thread when I first started cleaning glass. I recall trying to use denture tablets to clean a bong. That didn't work out well. At that time, I was cleaning glass after someone who combusted, and it was not pleasant. They had a habit of not cleaning, and rarely changing the water. Compared to that, cleaning my own glass is easy. I keep a jar to clean small pieces. When cleaning larger pieces, I pour in iso and some salt, cover the ends with caps, shake, dump iso and salt into jar for smaller pieces. Then I clean with dish soap and hot water. The iso can be reused for awhile, and this has worked well enough for me that I stopped looking for another solution. Now I see Simple Green and sonic cleaning is the thing. I need to check this out. Could be life will be easier, and more pleasant, with these new fangled methods.

I have not opened my Simple Green or used my US for cleaning my rattle can since I started using lemon juice, just the hot water rinse with the hose (like on the first page reply I did) keeps my rattler spotless (even if I am lazy and leave it a few days between rinsing) My US still gets used daily for all my smaller items.:twocents::thumbsup:

I have not opened my Simple Green or used my US for cleaning my rattle can since I started using lemon juice, just the hot water rinse with the hose (like on the first page reply I did) keeps my rattler spotless (even if I am lazy and leave it a few days between rinsing) My US still gets used daily for all my smaller items.:twocents::thumbsup:
That's good to know. Madri-Guy became ambitious, and removed all of the lemons from the tree, so I'm juicing as many as I can. It's less handy than just grabbing a lemon as I need it, but they will grow back. I'll try lemon juice for sure. I wonder if this will work with other citrus, such as grapefruit or limes.
Thanks for the tips, @LesPlenty.

Sold locally. :headbang: I'm guessing the regular stuff will do?
I was going to say that you should be able to find it in your local hardware... and for less than you originally had found it for. Glad you found a source.

And with the size rig you're dealing with, that gallon of SG will last a long time.

You do not have to soak overnight. It all depends on how gunked up your rig has gotten. I find that the rigs I dab out of get much more resin on them, even using cranberry concentrate in the water, and those often need an overnight soak to get sparkly. But if you are keeping up with your cleaning, and using the rig for vaping, an hour or two will do the trick.

Khalifa kush In transit to the post office. Alien bubba should arrive tomorrow. Bubbler by Friday. Off work Sunday!!
I look forward to putting all this new found knowledge ro the test!

I haven't used my vapcaps without the micro bubbler since I discovered how useful it is. I don't think i can do without water any more. Further, although some flavor is potentially lost, because my lungs can comfortably handle the vapor, I can get more full bodied draws that I can hold for a moment before exhaling, so in a way providing more flavor for me! Really enjoying it. I feel this bubblers gonna blow my mind

I was going to say that you should be able to find it in your local hardware... and for less than you originally had found it for. Glad you found a source.

And with the size rig you're dealing with, that gallon of SG will last a long time.

You do not have to soak overnight. It all depends on how gunked up your rig has gotten. I find that the rigs I dab out of get much more resin on them, even using cranberry concentrate in the water, and those often need an overnight soak to get sparkly. But if you are keeping up with your cleaning, and using the rig for vaping, an hour or two will do the trick.

I buy the big jugs of simple green at home depot, 2.5 gallon size I think. But I use it a lot around here. I use it in my power washer, and for washing cars/truck/tractor/camper or whatever. It's a nice non toxic cleaner to have around.

That's good to know. Madri-Guy became ambitious, and removed all of the lemons from the tree, so I'm juicing as many as I can. It's less handy than just grabbing a lemon as I need it, but they will grow back. I'll try lemon juice for sure. I wonder if this will work with other citrus, such as grapefruit or limes.
Thanks for the tips, @LesPlenty.

I believe lime or grapefruit would work as well

I found I had to soak in the SG bucket overnight, sometimes a couple days to really get that fog gone and the sparkle great

The bucket would have 50/50 water SG

Make sure you get the concentrate SG
@Chandler not the spray premix

The bucket can sit there and be used for 6 months according to @momofthegoons

I now use the us cleaner
The same solution sits in the cleaner for ages

For reclaim bits or the mighty plastic mp I have a jar of iso I "float" in the cleaner

I find the cleaner is just easier less fuss and better end result

I will take a.pic of my cleaner for size ref later for you

...i normally just need iso and hot tap water to clean bongs/bubblers... vinegar to remove any water stains... in one piece i had i needed to use darkcrystal/iso (50/50) to clean up some cranberry extract stains... only thing that seemed to work on that :thinker:

...bangers and adapters i drop into a jar of dc/iso (50/50) for a few daze or more... rinse with warm water...

I used to use iso and rock salt
Then rinse
Works fine

But too much shaking and rinsing and fuffing about on the daily with at least two rigs plus parts

Then the soak bucket was easiest method with least effort

US cleaner is best of all

Least effort
Least space taken up over the bucket
Quickest to get job done
Best results in overall clean and shine even with intricate glass

20190404_153641.jpg
20190404_153702.jpg

Pics of my 6l us cleaner as requested @Chandler

1.25l drink bottle for reference

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics of my 6l us cleaner as requested @Chandler
Thanks! Definitely smaller than expected. expensive. Well worth it in the long run. I wiil invest. Must first save.

Alot invested in toys, my vas is truly slowing. At some point I feel I must be content and settle with what I have and already enjoy. Every 6 months from now till infinity a new device will be released. Don't need em all. Just one or two that cover all the bases and get the job done! (yes, I am speaking directly to my own subconscious, attempting to convince myself)

I completely agree, except the parts where I don't. When I started consuming cannabis, I thought there was a basic amount a person "needed" for a stash box. Heck, I thought stash boxes were a thing. I remember watching " what's in my stash box" videos, trying earnestly to figure out what was needed. Not for me. I just needed a pack of papers, and someone to roll for me, as I didn't know how. I was buying for my Other Son, and he had particular ideas. He thought bongs should be big. The bigger the better. They also didn't need to be cleaned. Ever. Other Son thoughtfully saved the last hit from every bowl for me, but the bong swamp water was very off putting. I hoped if I quickly purchased everything a body would need, all would become Peaceful and Pleasant. Other Son didn't see the need for clean, no matter how I argued that medicine was always best served in a hygienic manner. Then I found iso and salt. A month later, I found vaping. And I found the amount of vaping supplies is Wondrous and Infinate. Not at all like a babies layette where you just need some basics, and a cute outfit for pix. Now I just buy for myself. And, and I keep it clean.
Vapes, glass, storage, grow supplies, seeds, cute clothes with pot leaves on them...it never ends. Or at least, I hope it doesn't. I don't mind the sheer volume of stuff available to covet, just the restrictions of my budget to keep up.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back