Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips How Do You Clean Your Glass

...strictly a dry herb piece.

Plant waxes/ fats maybe?
It's just oil and reclaim
Dabs do it quickly so does winterised feco which is almost pure oil

The grasshopper io can do this after a few bowls with quality weed

Nothing unusual
It's when you start seeing fur you need to be concerned

I call them rosin snot or globbies

It's just oil and reclaim
Dabs do it quickly so does winterised feco which is almost pure oil

The grasshopper io can do this after a few bowls with quality weed

Nothing unusual
It's when you start seeing fur you need to be concerned

I call them rosin snot or globbies
Thnx,

I guess I'm mostly surprised at how quickly it accumulated. This is after a couple three VC bowls. Weirdly it condenses on the downstem only. The chunks on the side of the piece are those bigger boogers that have floated free.

FWIW, I've been putting outdoor grown Chocolope thru it heavily.....tasty.

when you start seeing fur you need to be concerned

I have never got fur, and iv gone months not cleaning..
But that comment has jus made me start cleaning shit...

I've definitely gotten 'fur' when I've used cranberry concentrate in the water. That stuff will mold fast. But I've never gotten it with straight water. The trade off using it, for me, is that I don't have to clean as often.

My go to for cleaning is still a bucket of Simple Green. Occasionally I'll use PBW; if it's a piece that wont fit into the SG bucket I have. Or if it's small vape accessories. But for bangers and bongs.... the SG still gets my vote.

It "proabably" won't hurt you.. ;)

The bigger question is exactly how badly does one have neglect their glassware before the inside molds?

It literally takes seconds to swap out manky water for clean. I get the heebie jeebies if I can't recall the last refreshment.

You leave your water without changing for months???
Not for me
Even if naked to the eye, after a few days still water will grow nasties

But if using lemon juice or cranberry ppl will get visible white bits forming in the water in a few days

A dab rig I got lazy for a week once actually had black bits start that were hard to clean
Took a few runs in the us cleaner
It "proabably" won't hurt you.. ;)

The bigger question is exactly how badly does one have neglect their glassware before the inside molds?

It literally takes seconds to swap out manky water for clean. I get the heebie jeebies if I can't recall the last refreshment.
I agree
But as @momofthegoons said with extract or Rez block or I use juice it will grow bits in a few days visibly

I prefer to change daily but at times I am a stoner

I've definitely gotten 'fur' when I've used cranberry concentrate in the water.
Me too which is why I don't use it anymore.....microbiological growth very fast....and some pretty ugly stuff. If this had happened in prior times I might have discovered penicillin before Fleming! haha

I use PBW, works great, its easy, and its non-tox. If bit lazy, with flower glass only, very hot water will get it mostly clean....but not sparkling like PBW.

Oil rigs...ISO. IMO, PBW does not work well on 'trate reclaim

Iso right now can be hard to find. People use it as a disinfectant. The 90% rubbing alcohol sometimes is hard to find. Everyone sells the 70%. Amazon might have it. Walmart has it every time I look, they might not have it now and depends where you live. A large bottle for me lasts a long time.

I have iso
I used to use it and salt

Then I used @momofthegoons SG/water mix and soak in a bucket overnight method

Now I use SG/water mix and the us cleaner
Most show room sparkle you will get

I float some bits in iso in the us cleaner to get any reclaim
Or the mighty mp I've heard can get a flavour in SG so it gets the iso

US cleaner was one of the best purchases I made as a vaper and I highly recommend them

Makes all our vaping cleaning chores so much quicker and easier
And the glass comes up like a showroom crystal

Simple Green works a treat on 'trate reclaim.... I soak my bangers in it as well.

I haven't seen either of them in months. Shelves are bare every time I look.
I do the Shane SG in my bangers of his but not oil rigs. I should give it a try.

I have a gallon jug of it here. How much do you dilute it in the bucket? For bangers I used it straight and on a candle/cup warmer.

I was surprised to see quart bottles of 70% iso at Walgreens last week. I bought two.
I looked at SG for awhile but decided to stick with iso. Now I'm thinking SG again.
I've looked into US cleaners, too, but it's been awhile. Time to refresh my memory. Might be time to make the investment.

This stuff is even better because it smells nicer
Same SG but better smelling as you keep the solution (bucket or us cleaner) for a number of months before needing to replace
50/50 water SG is the goods
Ingot that from @momofthegoons and have stuck with it either in soak bucket or now the us cleaner

Still need iso for some things

But my bongs and glass love the sg and us cleaner

So quick so easy
So fresh and so clean
Sparkles for days - well sparkles till a few vapes in but anyway

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back