Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips How Do You Clean Your Glass

US cleaner was one of the best purchases I made as a vaper and I highly recommend them
Did you know an ultrasonic cleaner also kills bacteria on the items that are being cleaned but does not sterilize them... a great invention, I just wish I had got a 6ltr unit instead of 2.1ltr so most bongs would fit lying down.
Simple Green is often suggested as a good solution for an UC but as @felvapes said be careful of plastic and rubber items soaking in the Simple Green smell.

Did you know an ultrasonic cleaner also kills bacteria on the items that are being cleaned but does not sterilize them... a great invention, I just wish I had got a 6ltr unit instead of 2.1ltr so most bongs would fit lying down.
Simple Green is often suggested as a good solution for an UC but as @felvapes said be careful of plastic and rubber items soaking in the Simple Green smell.
I love the 6L
It fits most my bongs

I almost wish I had the 10L for my big arse bongs but if I flip them over they get a full clean and the 6 sits nicely on the sink

You leave your water without changing for months???
Not for me

Weeks maybe... maybe over a month.. i use smart water.. maybe it never goes off caus it has no minerals in it.. idk....

Iv always jus used iso to get all my glass clean... really wanna try pbw though...

Weeks maybe... maybe over a month.. i use smart water.. maybe it never goes off caus it has no minerals in it.. idk....

Iv always jus used iso to get all my glass clean... really wanna try pbw though...
If your water has been to school or not
If you can see it or not
It grows shit within a few days
Especially once mixed with oils etc from vaping
Science doesn't care if water understands it or not.....

I never liked using peoples bongs when I smoked and usually changed the water for them before using....this is a good reason to have done so

Pbw is great for my brewing purposes
Have never tried with my vaping stuff yet although others say it works

Iso and salt works fine
Rinse with white vinegar after to grab leftovers and then water

But nothing shines like a us cleaner SG bath
The bucket method also worked well but if really fogged up may take more than overnight to get clean

Again water rinse then white vinegar to grab any leftover soaps and then water again.

If your water has been to school or not
My highly educated water, it seems, is not immune to bacterial growth..
Although cause its vapor distilled, its far harder for most things to grow in it..
So not perfect, but better than tap or spring water it appears...

Gonna change my water when i get home...

My rainwater tank has a PH of about 5.3 (slightly acidic) and very few contaminants...less than 30ppm on my EC meters I have used over the years.
I think my water helps avoid a lot of the white cloudy calcium etc build up.
My area for vaping also stays quite cool, that helps to slow anything growing plus I empty and clean 1 bong each day (I use 2, 1 for dabs, and 1 for herb vapes) so my water/citric acid powder/cranberry extract gets swapped every 2 days per bong.
I have been known to let the vape bong go 3 or 4 days if not used much...

Everclear is expensive but it probably would clean glass. Never used it for that. The only reason I ever bought it was for a cannabis tincture.

I haven’t seen 90% iso - just 70% I was looking just this week at a couple stores. Not doing much shopping out and about these days though.

edit
I think it was @Vitolo that said he used rum with his wood stems. It gave a nice flavor.

Last edited:
Everclear is expensive but it probably would clean glass.
Definitely will. I have used it in the past, evaporated much of the Everclear and concentrated it, and then drank it with some tea....then don't do anything for a good while! haha

But this was with concentrate reclaim....I would discard anything from a flower rig, personally.

I camp a lot. I hate bringing multiple pieces when I'm out just to avoid cleaning.

I find a thick straight tube to be the easiest to clean & best when staying out.

Anyways if you find your with no alternative but to scrub a
.357 / 9mm bore brush works great for most downstems with a joint for 14 mm bowls

Why's my hand look so old ?
20201204_213857.jpg

Im having real trouble getting shit to sparkle...
Ordered my usual lab grade 99.99999 weeks ago.. still not came..
Been using 70%..
Difference is amazing...
By which i mean its absolute shite...

I need good iso....

I buy a gallon of concentrated Simple Green or two.... pour that in the above bucket and fill up a bit with water.

So, this method with simple green, I am curious. Once you do the rinse afterwords, does it leave any residue that retains the smell of simple green? I have used a spray of simple green to clean a friends house and I wear a N95 mask because the smell is horrible to me and too strong. I can sense it even through the mask sometimes. For someone sensitive like me, I am wondering if it would leave some residue and smell behind and if so, would leaving it soaking in just warm/hot water afterwords would work or maybe using some gentle soap afterwords too. Perhaps there is a similar, but not so quite potently smelling solution that I could use (other than ISO, which has become hard to find and more expensive lately)?

So, this method with simple green, I am curious. Once you do the rinse afterwords, does it leave any residue that retains the smell of simple green? I have used a spray of simple green to clean a friends house and I wear a N95 mask because the smell is horrible to me and too strong. I can sense it even through the mask sometimes. For someone sensitive like me, I am wondering if it would leave some residue and smell behind and if so, would leaving it soaking in just warm/hot water afterwords would work or maybe using some gentle soap afterwords too. Perhaps there is a similar, but not so quite potently smelling solution that I could use (other than ISO, which has become hard to find and more expensive lately)?
The spray simple green is watered down already

The stuff that we use for the bucket method is concentrated
So you want a bucket with a lid for the smell (and to keep dust out as you can use the solution for a number of months before changing and it being less effective)
This is 50/50 water/SG

If not too dirty an overnight soak works
If dirtier can take a few nights

I use the same 50/50 mix in my US cleaner and my glass comes out showroom shiny in 5 mins

To answer your rinse question
Yes it can take a bit to rinse if just using water

I rinse well under the cold tap
Then I pour a small amount of white vinegar over the glass and in the bong and shake it
The WV grabs the remaining soap very quickly

Then rinse with water again and it is good to go

I do this even after washing things in iso
The WV seems to grab remaining stuff that would take ages trying to just rinse with water

Hope this helps mate

And don't forget the Simple Orange substitute for Simple Green.:biggrin:

Newbie here
Since discovering tincture I use Everclear 190 and a distilled water rinse and fan dry on my glass and stainless steel (volcano, mighty,one glass bong and cleaning tool)
Plastic gets hot water and cleaning tool
IMG_20201208_153612.jpg

Nice and clean, my first portable vaporizer magic flight 3, keeping those damn batteries charged and trying not to combust, memories

Im having real trouble getting shit to sparkle...
Ordered my usual lab grade 99.99999 weeks ago.. still not came..
Been using 70%..
Difference is amazing...
By which i mean its absolute shite...

I need good iso....

I finally got my good iso...
Which really proved how wank the 70 is...
I bought a solo which came with a stem that had never been cleaned...

I soaked in 70 for a week.. tried to clean it, and it jus smeared.. slightly softened it, but thats all... after a week...

So got my 99.999999 iso..
3 hours later, without physically cleaning it (jus swirling the iso), sparkly clean.....

Good iso is a must...
Imo 70% is next to useless....

Imo 70% is next to useless.
Maybe that is why it is also called 'rubbing alcohol', lots of rubbing required to get anything done!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back