Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips How Do You Clean Your Glass

Last month we were talking about using Simple Green for cleaning oil rigs and bangers... so I thought I should give a visual. :biggrin:

I use a much more concentrated solution for my bangers... probably 3/4 SG to 1/4 water. Sometimes, I get lazy and use the SG straight.

So for this demonstration I got my banger hot and hurty dirty. I usually don't let them get this bad....

IMG_7487.JPG

This is after an overnight soak...

IMG_7494.JPG

Is there anything in the "gunk" that winds up on smoking accessories
I use everclear etoh to clean and thought about processing it like a tincture (filter and reduction)
Sorry, the pictures were not suppose to be there
IMG_20201216_094335.jpg
IMG_20201216_094341.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe that is why it is also called 'rubbing alcohol', lots of rubbing required to get anything done!

I finally got my good iso...
Which really proved how wank the 70 is...
I bought a solo which came with a stem that had never been cleaned...

I soaked in 70 for a week.. tried to clean it, and it jus smeared.. slightly softened it, but thats all... after a week...

So got my 99.999999 iso..
3 hours later, without physically cleaning it (jus swirling the iso), sparkly clean.....

Good iso is a must...
Imo 70% is next to useless....
I have been using 70 (overnight) followed by 2 sections on this cheap ultrasonic cleaner (using dish soap), it works great for the price ($20.00 ?)!

20201216_144654.jpg

I definitely wash my glass
In case of any leftovers from manufacturing
Gets rid of any nasties, even in post or storage

I clean my vapes and do a burn off run too before first use

Last edited:
I do not know what a burn off run is?

I just rinse with hot water and also a quick ultrasonic clean now I have one. :thumbsup:

Just with a new vape I will turn on full and let it run through a session before packing and using
Oh OK, yep I do the same with vapes, I thought you were talking about burning off glass!

72AD51BC-8337-43B7-AF87-3CA403E8C605.jpeg

1858270E-D34D-46A4-8B78-2E294966A250.jpeg

Ended up getting a super soaker from elev8 . I figured that for the price I will come up ahead on the long run when compared to ziplock bags.
I bought it especially for the SSV wands, making alternating and maintenance a breeze
Pic of the free pick they sent me with this cheese resupply order :headbang:

Is it possible for 91% ISO to strip fuming off of glass? :cry:

So, I'm worried I screwed up a new rig. I've used it multiple times now (even thought I've had it for a short period of time) with the Sai WPA and a cartridge vape with a little rubber or silicone connector I think I got from DynaVap and with a setup from 710 coils. I'm using various types of concentrates but mostly wax and budder.

The weird thing is the fuming looks cloudy / hazy in an odd way. Is this just reclaim building up? If I hold it up to a light/lamp the haziness is nowhere near as visible as if I'm just looking at it when it's sitting in a table or in my hand under normal light.

Is it possible for 91% ISO to strip fuming off of glass? :cry:

So, I'm worried I screwed up a new rig. I've used it multiple times now (even thought I've had it for a short period of time) with the Sai WPA and a cartridge vape with a little rubber or silicone connector I think I got from DynaVap and with a setup from 710 coils. I'm using various types of concentrates but mostly wax and budder.

The weird thing is the fuming looks cloudy / hazy in an odd way. Is this just reclaim building up? If I hold it up to a light/lamp the haziness is nowhere near as visible as if I'm just looking at it when it's sitting in a table or in my hand under normal light.
Iso sometimes can leave a bit of a white haze on glass

Try rinsing with white vinegar after a wash
It grabs left over soaps or iso etc

Do your iso wash or simple green or whatever you use
Iso and rice or rock salt shaken works well (I use an ultrasonic cleaner these days with simple green/orange)
Then rinse with water
Then rinse with white vinegar and pour a little over the bong
Shake and then rinse with water again and dry

Should hopefully come up sparkly clean

Iso sometimes can leave a bit of a white haze on glass

Try rinsing with white vinegar after a wash
It grabs left over soaps or iso etc

Do your iso wash or simple green or whatever you use
Iso and rice or rock salt shaken works well (I use an ultrasonic cleaner these days with simple green/orange)
Then rinse with water
Then rinse with white vinegar and pour a little over the bong
Shake and then rinse with water again and dry

Should hopefully come up sparkly clean
Thank you! I'm going to give this a try tonight!

It is not the 91% iso, it is the other 9% of water/contaminates that causes the problems, gets worse with 70% iso/ 30% whatever. +1 with @felvapes with the SimpleGreen soak, I might try vinegar next time I get a water stain from vape water when I get lazy and use normal tap water!
I use 99.9% iso and filtered Tassie rain water (I hear distilled water is great for peeps with hard water) to avoid the problem to start with:science:

One thing I want to mention, since folks are hopping on the Goo Roo train, is that Simple Green can take off the logo if it is not 'baked' on..... I received my Goo Roo pieces yesterday and noticed that their logos don't look like they are all that permanent. My bet is that they'll come off in a good soak. The logos on the DHGate stuff definitely comes off.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back