Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips How Do You Clean Your Glass

pxl_jockey

@momofthegoons I have searched high and low, but mostly high, for your “simple green setup” recipe/formula/protocol/tutorial and I cannot find it. I’ve scoured the Glass section to no avail. I’m at my wits end and about to go vape multiple vapcaps just to cope!

I know what Simple Green is & always have the concentrated spray bottle variety at home. I’ve used it to clean glass stems, etc. BUT this hardly qualifies as a “setup”, I’m just spraying & shaking. Any idiot can do that. It seems that you have unlocked all of SG’s potential and harnessed it into a proprietary product system, or “Mom’s Simple Green Setup” that you’ll sell to @felvapes while leaving others, like me, in the dark. Cleaning our glass like suckers, like chumps! Working our fingers to the bone while they soak in a Simple Green Setup.

@momofthegoons I have searched high and low, but mostly high, for your “simple green setup” recipe/formula/protocol/tutorial and I cannot find it. I’ve scoured the Glass section to no avail. I’m at my wits end and about to go vape multiple vapcaps just to cope!

I know what Simple Green is & always have the concentrated spray bottle variety at home. I’ve used it to clean glass stems, etc. BUT this hardly qualifies as a “setup”, I’m just spraying & shaking. Any idiot can do that. It seems that you have unlocked all of SG’s potential and harnessed it into a proprietary product system, or “Mom’s Simple Green Setup” that you’ll sell to @felvapes while leaving others, like me, in the dark. Cleaning our glass like suckers, like chumps! Working our fingers to the bone while they soak in a Simple Green Setup.
:rofl:

No huge secret to it. I use a painters bucket like this one. Some come with a fitted lid and some you buy it separately. Then... I buy a gallon of concentrated Simple Green or two.... pour that in the above bucket and fill up a bit with water.

To clean your glass you just stick it in the bucket for a while... the dirtier the glass the longer you soak. A quick hot rinse and you are sparkling.

Can't take credit for this technique... I learned this trick from Seibo at VXL. I figure if he does it it's good enough for me.

Somewhere I posted my version of this setup...lol

A bucket with lid of some sort that will fit your glass
simple green concentrate (not the spray bottle but what you buy to dilute down to the spray)
then in your bucket go 50/50 water to simple green concentrate

place glass in bucket solution overnight - 2 days for really stubborn stains
take out next day and rinse - white vinegar helps grab the soap solution and then water rinse....

nice sparkly clean glass is the result with no effort

the solution in the bucket should last 4-6 months before you need to empty and refill

hope this helps

I had pictures with my last post but no idea where that is

https://www.bunnings.com.au/simple-green-1l-green-concentrate-all-purpose-cleaner_p4470509

Oh

@momofthegoons beat me to it...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, that seems simple enough, even for a goofball like me. I’m interested in anything that will reduce opportunities for breaking stuff. @ataxian originally turned me onto using Simple Green, much cheaper than 99% ISO yet more effective. Ataxian also made me consider the state of my glass and the difference clean glass makes for your daily vape activities, just in taste alone. Then @t-dub taught me about PBW & Oxi-whatchacallit but I’ve never had to use them, yet; if I ever need to, knowledge is power.

Thank you @felvapes & @momofthegoons for expanding my glass mind, passing on techniques that work! :clap:

I have the perfect TupperMaid soup container for The Simple Green Setup, bucket shaped & lid included. Since all my glass is smallish, it should work nicely. Muchas gracias for the white vinegar tip! Our water is brutally hard here so I use distilled to rinse with, if WV reduces rinsing, that’s a big deal for me. I’m excited about this method since the less I’m involved, the less chance of breakage. :biggrin:

I still prefer my high drama imaginings of a secret solution shared only among a select few, the chosen ones of the Order of Clean Glass. :tinfoil:

high drama imaginings of a secret solution shared only among a select few,
I will eventually get this in the 3.2 liter model;(or larger)
5b9f38e831b952061976260.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Stainless-Steel-Ultra-Sonic-Bath-Heater-Tank-Timer-AU/382459700854?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=651280422606&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I already had a 2 liter version before I knew I needed it for bongs, it works but I have to stand my piece up, put a plug in the joint and fill up the piece that way to clean.:thumbsup:
edit' grinder clean up pic, 1st in iso in a jar in water, then straight water to flush;
IMG_20180829_152533.jpg

IMG_20180829_151056.jpg

Last edited:
I will eventually get this in the 3.2 liter model;(or larger)
5b9f38e831b952061976260.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Stainless-Steel-Ultra-Sonic-Bath-Heater-Tank-Timer-AU/382459700854?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=651280422606&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I already had a 2 liter version before I knew I needed it for bongs, it works but I have to stand my piece up, put a plug in the joint and fill up the piece that way to clean.:thumbsup:
I intend to order one of these at some point too

This will be the best thing ever !!!

@pxl_jockey no problem friend - I learn off others here also and then pass that on

It is a great place and cycle of knowledge

I agree the less shaking and turning we do the less chance of breakage :)

Yes I do like your secret society of clean glass idea - I think that is the mason jars though :disgust::smug::thinker::watchout::stick:

Okay, that seems simple enough, even for a goofball like me. I’m interested in anything that will reduce opportunities for breaking stuff. @ataxian originally turned me onto using Simple Green, much cheaper than 99% ISO yet more effective. Ataxian also made me consider the state of my glass and the difference clean glass makes for your daily vape activities, just in taste alone. Then @t-dub taught me about PBW & Oxi-whatchacallit but I’ve never had to use them, yet; if I ever need to, knowledge is power.

Thank you @felvapes & @momofthegoons for expanding my glass mind, passing on techniques that work! :clap:

I have the perfect TupperMaid soup container for The Simple Green Setup, bucket shaped & lid included. Since all my glass is smallish, it should work nicely. Muchas gracias for the white vinegar tip! Our water is brutally hard here so I use distilled to rinse with, if WV reduces rinsing, that’s a big deal for me. I’m excited about this method since the less I’m involved, the less chance of breakage. :biggrin:

I still prefer my high drama imaginings of a secret solution shared only among a select few, the chosen ones of the Order of Clean Glass. :tinfoil:
Your nice and very cool!
I am a ASSHOLE and I’m so sorry I can be a jerk.
I use simple green when my stuff is really dirty!
Normally I use Dishwasher pellets dissolved in RO H2O.
Usually I rinse with some kind of acid?
Citrus juice because I’m surrounded by trees of this kind.
I like the taste of Lime + I have lot’s of them.
I love Flavor so much it is an obsession?

Vaporizing CANNABIS taste so good 2-me?

My friend who is a GANJA FARMER drink’s SOCK JUICE?
I like FRENCH ESPRESSO!

I'm still using PBW for flower pieces but ISO for concentrate reclaim (no, I don't run flower through the same rig as resin/rosin).

Works good.

I do have concentrated Simple Green and will try it on my 710coils.com banger when it gets dirty enough.....which is NOT yet, @momofthegoons ! LOL

I've used simple green undiluted in the glass, and I've used orange cleaner from home depot, and pbw. Pbw works the best IMHO.

I use cranberry extract in the water in my pipes, and sometimes as it collects resin it gets globby and you can see little globs (burgers) floating around. In one of my pipes, actually my favorite, it has two fritted discs for diffusion. The discs are small pieces of glass welded together. The discs have tiny holes that lets vapor bubble up through the glass. The pipe, a thick ass glass pipe, stacks bubbles big time, but it also is a bear to clean as particles get stuck between the discs. I had it so gummed up that soaking it in pure simple green for weeks did not work. But pbw did.

It's a powder and it helps to have warm water to dissolve it. And you want it dissolved because it can be like cement if it builds up and can cause more clogging. But it worked on my worst glass cleaning projects better than anything I've tried.

It's a powder developed for brewers to clean lines. It works great on glass and on stainless steel, but can erode aluminum and titanium, so be careful. It's also called slippery water because it's high ph makes it slippery, so handle your glass with care.

I've used simple green undiluted in the glass, and I've used orange cleaner from home depot, and pbw. Pbw works the best IMHO.

I use cranberry extract in the water in my pipes, and sometimes as it collects resin it gets globby and you can see little globs (burgers) floating around. In one of my pipes, actually my favorite, it has two fritted discs for diffusion. The discs are small pieces of glass welded together. The discs have tiny holes that lets vapor bubble up through the glass. The pipe, a thick ass glass pipe, stacks bubbles big time, but it also is a bear to clean as particles get stuck between the discs. I had it so gummed up that soaking it in pure simple green for weeks did not work. But pbw did.

It's a powder and it helps to have warm water to dissolve it. And you want it dissolved because it can be like cement if it builds up and can cause more clogging. But it worked on my worst glass cleaning projects better than anything I've tried.

It's a powder developed for brewers to clean lines. It works great on glass and on stainless steel, but can erode aluminum and titanium, so be careful. It's also called slippery water because it's high ph makes it slippery, so handle your glass with care.
I studied chemistry in school and I play with ph?
Use what you want?
Fact or Faith?
I was programmed that the glass is 1/2 full!
My glass pieces R clean anyway!

Last edited:

I too have fritted and honeycomb discs

I use lemon juice to achieve the same result as extracts and also get the globs floating or stuck to glass

Simple Green is working for me so far so good
I will only use a piece for one day - 2 max before soaking though for 1-2 days

PBW I have and use in my brewing exploits but have not used for bongs yet as have not needed to and @momofthegoons bucket overnight method has been the least work/maintenance to do
put in bucket - take out of bucket - rinse

I want @LesPlenty cleaner soon though as I think it will be the goods all round

I have an iso tub for reclaim soaking of dab rig small parts to throw in with my oil batches

I am going to use my rattle can without the daily scolding hot water rinse and get it really funky to see if my ultrasonic cleaner can work on dirtier pieces, 3 days in and the piece still looks pretty clean, no more lemon juice in the mix.:thumbsup:
I am still changing the water each day, I am not a total barbarian.:smoke:
Nasty and nice pictures in a couple days?

I am going to use my rattle can without the daily scolding hot water rinse and get it really funky to see if my ultrasonic cleaner can work on dirtier pieces, 3 days in and the piece still looks pretty clean, no more lemon juice in the mix.:thumbsup:
I am still changing the water each day, I am not a total barbarian.:smoke:
Nasty and nice pictures in a couple days?
It doesn't get as dirty as other glass
I let it go for a few days once to try and it was only after a number of good oily dabs it got a bit globby, but nothing like anything else though
Yes I want to know how good your cleaner goes - I will be buying one soon I think

I have let my RattleCan bong get a lot dirtier than usual to give my ultrasonic cleaner a workout and see how it would perform;

IMG_20181210_131338.jpg

I then run it in cleaner the with just water at 60 degrees C for 20 minutes, there was still a lot of build up on the perc tube;

IMG_20181210_131808.jpg

IMG_20181210_135144.jpg

So I put a couple drops of dishwashing liquid in the bong before filling with water and ran it in the cleaner again for 30 mins, much better but still not perfect;

IMG_20181210_150622.jpg

I think I should fill with hot water before beginning next time as the cold water was only just getting up to temperature when the cycle finished. I could just preheat to a higher temperate, say 80 degrees C before starting the ultrasonic cycle.
I ended up sticking my hot tap hose onto it to get it sparkling properly again,

IMG_20181016_133737.jpg

So I am undecided about getting a larger one for cleaning my bongs, the one I have is still used daily for all my other vape gear, more testing needed.
I just have to dirty up some gear.:science::thumbsup:

It isn't in the cleaner where it is dirtiest....I wonder if this makes a difference at all to how well it works?

Those rattle cans really do not get dirty like others do they....after a few days that is pretty clean looking compared to other units....

TY for the continued info and please let us know how well you go with further testing

I am watching your results eagerly as I wish to buy one if they work well

Also wonder if using some SG in there would work better too?

I want to clean it with the least amount of additives, only based on cost, more heat next time.:thumbsup:
Might be time to give my straight necked d020d a run:smoke:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back