Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips How Do You Clean Your Glass

.it never ends. Or at least, I hope it doesn't. I don't mind the sheer volume of stuff available to covet,
I feel you 100%. I'm just tired. The amount of money I've expended on vaporizers and accessories is staggering. I don't need a vaporizer graveyard (but I've got one). Forgot I had a brand new backup Mighty sitting in its box. Brand new boundless cfv used for one day, never to be used again. Found them both on the weekend as I cleaned out my closet. Tired of being so easily enticed by the new new. Why I've come to gravitate to butane powered. Forget the bells n whistles, gimme the meat n potatoes!! Ghost MV1 purchased 2,3 days before my shadow M's. Used itfor a few sessions n liked it, powerful, but it sits in the graveyard. M won. I'd like to invest more in quality herbs and the small things that keep up my current situation. Like Ultrasonic cleaners, glass, dab press?
Grow setup? Have gotten very Tired looking for that unicorn of vaporizers.

I will purchase more stems for my VC's, but for the time being I'd like to step out the game and fully enjoy the fruits of my current labour.

I feel you 100%. I'm just tired. The amount of money I've expended on vaporizers and accessories is staggering. I don't need a vaporizer graveyard (but I've got one). Forgot I had a brand new backup Mighty sitting in its box. Brand new boundless cfv used for one day, never to be used again. Found them both on the weekend as I cleaned out my closet. Tired of being so easily enticed by the new new. Why I've come to gravitate to butane powered. Forget the bells n whistles, gimme the meat n potatoes!! Ghost MV1 purchased 2,3 days before my shadow M's. Used itfor a few sessions n liked it, powerful, but it sits in the graveyard. M won. I'd like to invest more in quality herbs and the small things that keep up my current situation. Like Ultrasonic cleaners, glass, dab press?
Grow setup? Have gotten very Tired looking for that unicorn of vaporizers.

I will purchase more stems for my VC's, but for the time being I'd like to step out the game and fully enjoy the fruits of my current labour.
Absolutely. I'm constrained by my budget, or I'd have a vape graveyard, I'm sure. The sonic cleaner is tempting , especially as my jewellery cleaner was destroyed . I'd love a dab press, but that's a far off longing. My urgent list is taken over by needing two @Ed's TnT stems for my Air and Solo, and a storage chest to replace the case I had my supplies in. I'd love to get into VapCaps, but have No Doubt, that that will just start an addiction for more, as well as wanting torches and induction heaters. Can't get on that path, just yet. If I had to buy weed, I'd be in trouble.

My urgent list is taken over by needing two @Ed's TnT stems for my Air and Solo, and a storage chest to replace the case I had my supplies in. I'd love to get into VapCaps, but have No Doubt, that that will just start an addiction for more, as well as wanting torches and induction heaters. Can't get on that path, just yet. If I had to buy weed, I'd be in trouble.
Solo was the vape that made my mind up and solidified the idea that vaporization was the way to go. Arizer air was my first vaporizer before the crafty I believe. I advise you to stay away from the dynaverse if you're not ready!

FB_IMG_1600344596368.jpg

large container of PBW
Did you get the 5Star brand?
Can't seem to find it in OZ (shipping from OS on this item is killer)
Is any Ozzie equivalent available for me to try?

Straya loves home brew
Of course we can get it here :D

I was specifically after the 5 Star brand as that is what I have seen recommended as it was good and cheap in the US.
Is AU$85(US$62) delivered for 4lb container of 5Star PBW a good price? Seems a little expensive for a non home brewer.
Which do you prefer/use out of the ones listed @felvapes ?

Second link would be 75 AUD for 1.8 kg for that 5 star brand

The stuff from kegland is probably pretty good too I would think

I have some other brandless pbw from the local brew shop

I don't know how much different they all are or not tbh
Only used in brewing and whatever wash I've used has always worked well

I haven't tried with vape equipment, I was going to but then the simple green and bucket was easy and then the US cleaner even easier so I never bothered

Second link would be 75 AUD for 1.8 kg for that 5 star brand
I quoted the delivered price, shipping on top to Tas...always costs more to cross water!
I haven't tried with vape equipment
Only ever use it on glass and S/S as some on FC found out the hard way how strong a cleaner it is (you should see what it did to an anodized grinder!)
I just checked the shipping again and it will not let me use Oz post so it will cost me AU$94 (US$68) for the 4lb tub...so about the same as importing from the US. I might just check out some home brew shops next time I am in the little big smoke.

I quoted the delivered price, shipping on top to Tas...always costs more to cross water!

Only ever use it on glass and S/S as some on FC found out the hard way how strong a cleaner it is (you should see what it did to an anodized grinder!)
I just checked the shipping again and it will not let me use Oz post so it will cost me AU$94 (US$68) for the 4lb tub...so about the same as importing from the US. I might just check out some home brew shops next time I am in the little big smoke.
Second link

Used a random tazzy postcode

$75 delivered it tells me?

I know how good pbw is with bottles and brewing equipment

I don't think I need to change my US cleaner system though
Nothing will be quicker or easier I don't think

Pbw might be good for the upcoming camping trip tho...

Also I have nothing to compare or can say either way
But I do think the stuff from kegland would work as well and is a lot cheaper

I think my bongs get pretty clean too, I just wanted to try the stuff out as people talk about how they get that new sparkle look to their bongs after using it. At those prices here I would be better off just upgrading to a 6ltr UC like yours.

I think my bongs get pretty clean too, I just wanted to try the stuff out as people talk about how they get that new sparkle look to their bongs after using it. At those prices here I would be better off just upgrading to a 6ltr UC like yours.
Simple green 50/50 water
US cleaner

Glass sparkles like a showroom for me in 5 mins or less

Mixture lasts about six months

Using the orange coloured SG now easier to see through and smells nicer

Last edited:
So how far do you let things go / what is your interval for cleaning?

I decided that to dedicate one for concentrates and a different one for dry herb.

For reference this thing is probably a few days old and that last bowl definitely tasted off....I swap out water regularly FWIW:
20200919_092509.jpg

I run 2x rigs too @Basement Farmer and I try to clean 1 per day but sometimes I will let the herb one go a bit longer if I am unsure which is up for a cleaning...I am in a cold environment and use citric acid plus cranberry extract which I am still not sure you need if changing the water daily. More than a couple of days might be a different matter.
Oh, I probably would have cleaned the bong you pictured by now...that's a lot of scooby snacks!

I run 2x rigs too @Basement Farmer and I try to clean 1 per day but sometimes I will let the herb one go a bit longer if I am unsure which is up for a cleaning...I am in a cold environment and use citric acid plus cranberry extract which I am still not sure you need if changing the water daily. More than a couple of days might be a different matter.
Oh, I probably would have cleaned the bong you pictured by now...that's a lot of scooby snacks!

Yesh...bordering on gross. I think mixing herb and wax makes things uglier faster. TBH though, that picture does make me realize how much water filtration helps. I notice how much less congested I am since using water as part of my daily routine. When I go out and about it's usually the Omni, and as smooth as that is, I notice it as being a little hard after a long day.

Moisture is the essence of wetness

Do what work’s to clean your water pipe that help’s you!

What I’ve been doing since I’m using what I learned in Chemistry class decade’s ago!
Take the piece a fill it with dishwasher soap available?
Empty WP & move 2 the next step:
Baking soda & vinegar (tea spoon of powder soda with 1/2 liquid vinegar + tablespoon of salt) shake with stopper’s plugs on all openings & shake for 1/2 min or so! Rise with citrus fruit juice & RO water when finished.

This is what I do however just a suggestion?

Ewwww... whatizzit?
Too low a temp , too big a dab, or spinning terp pearls too fast too early will cause that build up very quickly.:twocents:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back