Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips How Do You Clean Your Glass

Do folks use Everclear to clean their glass?
I started using it instead of iso for my water pipes and get great results
Figure I'm spending .50-1.00
It evaporates quickly allowing for a quick turnaround after a rinse with distilled water (.25)
IMG_20210625_100521.jpgIMG_20210625_101138.jpgIMG_20210625_101307.jpgIMG_20210625_101325.jpg

I have changed my cleaning format some. Pieces and accessories get an after use hot tap water and dish detergent soak and rinse. The tap water leaves the piece relatively clean, but a touch cloudy. The ISO and distilled water cleaning is saved for when the piece goes out of use and onto a shelf. I am not saving on ISO because I am cheap, I am being ecologically mature.....OK, I am getting cheaper.

I have changed my cleaning format some. Pieces and accessories get an after use hot tap water and dish detergent soak and rinse. The tap water leaves the piece relatively clean, but a touch cloudy. The ISO and distilled water cleaning is saved for when the piece goes out of use and onto a shelf. I am not saving on ISO because I am cheap, I am being ecologically mature.....OK, I am getting cheaper.

High proof iso is tough to get around here
Just one of those things that is in short supply sometimes
In its place I used the Everclear and got similar results
I could recycle the alcohol and run it through some filtering for future use
Like to get peoples reactions since I'm so new to all this

The badder and the syrup are overlapping right now
This is fun

I do a hot water flush via a pet hose attached to the tap followed by a rinse of iso (the iso is used again and again as it is only flushing the last bit of smell from my bongs). The dishwasher gets most other items and is especially good for modular bongs.

Simple green and ultrasonic cleaner has been my best friend

I get full strength iso from fleabay for some items that sg will taint

I also make my own full strength ethanol in a still as we can't buy it here

I got differing opinions about cleaning agents and residue
Simply green gets high marks but I was unsure if it leaves anything behind
Most of the videos I watched did variations of felvapes method

One guy was in love with the high proof alcohol (think it was spyritus or something like it), went on a cleaning frenzy
Its paint thinner basically

How big of an ultrasonic cleaner do you need and is it just for stems, bowls and other pieces?
When using the dishwasher I assume the piece is on it's side, any problems with etching and does any cannabis residue get on the surfaces of the dishwasher?
I know the high temps and detergent will clean up most of the crap but I hesitate putting my water pipe in a dishwasher, just neurosis

I know a lot of this gets covered in previous posts but products and methods change so quickly
For a newbie like myself its the only way to catch up

I got differing opinions about cleaning agents and residue
Simply green gets high marks but I was unsure if it leaves anything behind
Most of the videos I watched did variations of felvapes method

One guy was in love with the high proof alcohol (think it was spyritus or something like it), went on a cleaning frenzy
Its paint thinner basically

How big of an ultrasonic cleaner do you need and is it just for stems, bowls and other pieces?
When using the dishwasher I assume the piece is on it's side, any problems with etching and does any cannabis residue get on the surfaces of the dishwasher?
I know the high temps and detergent will clean up most of the crap but I hesitate putting my water pipe in a dishwasher, just neurosis

I know a lot of this gets covered in previous posts but products and methods change so quickly
For a newbie like myself its the only way to catch up
I feel funny putting stuff in a dishwasher too

I have a 6L US cleaner but it's really 4L of liquid
It takes most of my bongs and the rest
Some things get the iso floated in a jar treatment
I would have got the 10L if I went again, just for my tall bongs - these I put in twice, one way up and then upside down

50/50 SG in the us cleaner
Lasts months on end
5 min max in the cleaner

Then whether iso jar or sg mix I give a quick water rinse, white vinegar rinse to grab leftovers and another water rinse

The white vinegar will grab the leftover soaps and alcohols

Before the cleaner I used ISO and rock salt or rice and shake it up
Ethanol works well too

Then the same rinse method

eBay has good cheap us cleaners from China well worth the purchase for me

i bought an ultra-sonic cleaner years ago for gun cleaning. i used it a bit on gun parts but now that i have glass needing constant attention….i now use it everyday - i don’t have dirty glassware very long because it is so easy to use. it works best when the tank is heated ( like hot tap water)….and the alcohol is heated too. cleans better when warmer.

cleans grinders too;-)

Alcohol had been hard to find some months ago. All I’ve been able to find is 70% iso. All is not lost. I was looking for 90 % iso and all they had was 99%. I’ve never used 99%. You know what they say more is better - right?

View attachment 29101

I know a lot of people who are envious right now
Some folks do extraction with 99% iso and it has been impossible to find
Are you going to clean with it?

Some folks do extraction with 99% iso
I got 2.5 gallons of 100% iso to try some chem extracting just before Covid hit...still got a gallon left as I kept it just for cleaning once the price skyrocketed...it was never unavailable here but bloody oath it got expensive!

I got 2.5 gallons of 100% iso to try some chem extracting just before Covid hit...still got a gallon left as I kept it just for cleaning once the price skyrocketed...it was never unavailable here but bloody oath it got expensive!

Thanks to the pandemic you can walk up to a pharmacy counter or supermarket and check out with their entire stock of high percentage iso and nobody would raise an eyebrow
Two years ago folks would be asking questions
Stick to my everclear, they just think you are an apex alcoholic
Just tell people I'm making limoncello

IMG_20210730_112319.jpgIMG_20210730_112351.jpgIMG_20210730_112516.jpgIMG_20210730_112528.jpg

I just use boiling water from the electric teapot and run it through both ends
Pretty sure I'm missing something
The concentrates I use leave little sediment in the water pipe
For the wands I use everclear 190 and a syringe and kind of power wash the glass and metal screens
Works well

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what type of glass you're cleaning, follow these universal tips:
  1. Use soap and water, commercial glass cleaner, or a mixture of one part white vinegar and four parts water (preferably distilled water).
  2. Avoid cleaning glass in direct sunlight to avoid streaking.
View attachment 30244

Since going to vaporizing it has been much easier to clean glass

I use boiling water every other day to clean out the gunk on the sides (waxes/lipids)

Need some advice on cleaning wands
Right now using ever clear in a syringe to power wash the wands with screens

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back