Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds How to dab your flower rosin and keep your nail clean too

@LesPlenty If you cut a coil open and look at the wires. There is nothing special about them or the sleeve around the wires and temps above 700 degrees heat those wires and the K type sensor to an almost glowing state and this in turn can cause them to weaken. When the sensor starts to fail. You will need to increase the temps trying to get to where you were getting solid vaporization. Its not obvious and can only truly confirmed by trying a different coil and confirming if its working as expected at your preferred dab temp. This can never happen or even happen within the first year. So I recommend not doing it if possible to help prolong the quality and consistency you are currently getting with your coil and banger setup.

For the price it isn't bad to buy a coil a year and hand your old one down to a friend you are trying to bring over to the dark side =P

I have a 15% off sale all weekend if anyone is looking to scoop any gear and save some scratch =)

Your ever loyal coil, quartz, and ruby monger

Shane

I have dropped the cleaning cycle to 800f and it still cleans the nail in a timely manner, 750 just took too long!
I only turn my nail on when I am about to use it, is that standard practice or do people leave them on for hours?
If you cut a coil open and look at the wires
850f for 30 minutes and my coil (now clean apart from ash) is still fine to hold onto, where are the wire connections that get red hot?

The wires run to the very end of the coil from the plug. They get pressed into the coil in a thin piece of silicone. I have completely dissected a few coils to really understand whats inside
If your routine works, I would say stick to it, I was just calling out as a coil manufacturer what i recommend for my coils =)

Thanks for the info, hopefully, my heater will last longer now I have dropped my temperature for cleaning as 900f is not really needed, still a bit higher than you recommend being at 800f but it is too convenient to clean this way. (I am also keeping more of a close watch as it cleans so I do not have it up high for longer than necessary)

So..... I personally do not recommend heating your coils beyond 700 degrees. The biggest thing to weaken a coil is prolonged higher than normal temps. This can weaken the 3 wires and the K type sensor that run inside the coil to the tip of coil. I think with SiC you can just torch the shit out of it since it wont hurt it in anyway. But I use the gentle tech of concentrated simple green in a bowl or jar with a loose lid sitting on a candle/mug warmer. 6 hours on that and it rinses clean to look like brand new. No scrubbing, just a good rinse under hot water till the slick feeling is gone =)

Hope everyone is having a great week so far

Shane
I was going to say the same as @LesPlenty about cleaning temps, but he beat me to it
I think I remember reading dnail saying not to torch the sic for cleaning

I have dropped the cleaning cycle to 800f and it still cleans the nail in a timely manner, 750 just took too long!
I only turn my nail on when I am about to use it, is that standard practice or do people leave them on for hours?
850f for 30 minutes and my coil (now clean apart from ash) is still fine to hold onto, where are the wire connections that get red hot?

I almost every dab sesh use the 999 on my rdk300 for cleaning
It auto offs
I only turn it on when I dab like you, then I qtip/iso wipe and then 999 auto clean, it then auto offs

I might try the 850 like you now and see
And if I am not too lazy watch it and turn off before the auto, but I like to be able to walk away and let it clean

Have to consider the distilled water thing too

If I were to gift mine on each year I'd have to buy them a pid too
That gets costly
I passed a torch on with the rig I gifted, kept my coil for my QB

How long has most people had their coils working for since they bought them?
I thought they usually lasted people quite a while

Last edited:
I tend to use Shane's ( @710 coils ) method. Simple Green and I do sometimes put it in the ultrasonic with some SG in a plastic bag...or ISO in plastic bag in the cleaner.

Last I did it, I still had some slight discoloration (brownish) on the sides where the 'trates climb up and just took a bit of tooth polish to it and it came right off.

Simple Green and I do sometimes put it in the ultrasonic with some SG in a plastic bag...or ISO in plastic bag in the cleaner.

Last I did it, I still had some slight discoloration (brownish) on the sides where the 'trates climb up and just took a bit of tooth polish to it and it came right off.
That is turning me off quartz bangers, my DNail comes up like new with 0 work, I think I might just try these on my Halo;
1567311522297.png

Optlon B

That is turning me off quartz bangers, my DNail comes up like new with 0 work, I think I might just try these on my Halo;
View attachment 12703
Optlon B
I like the look of those if they fit

I wanted one of dnails ones when I saw
But wasn't going to pay the price they want

If the gate version fits I might have to try one also

I asked the seller for the ID and they said 9mm so I order a pair for US$10, we will see!
1 for use while 1 is soaking or just blast it with a flame(once the coil is removed)?

I would wait until I check fitment as the DNail nut is 8.98mm, on paper says it will fit but I will confirm.

I got my quartz dishes and they fit the dnail fine

I really like them

I can take huge or small dabs with little to no coughing
Very smooth hits

I'm rather impressed and they are super affordable

Only issue is the halo carb cap has to be held in place as it does not fit properly
I have a quartz and Ti cap from the gate on the way, hoping one of them fit and then I am a happy camper

These really are a smooth and tasty hit with my ruby pearls and as easy to clean as the halo sic

Can't wait for the carb caps to arrive and see if they will fit

The gate is taking over for price/quality

Last edited:
I got a quartz carb cap sent from the gate to use with the quartz dish on the dnail

It fits over fine and functions well
Easier to do than the halo carb cap
It is a little big so maybe could be better if let less air through with a better seal but it's pretty close fit and makes use better than before

I'm happy with it for now and the quartz dish is a creeper yet tasty and smooth
The cap doesn't spin the pearls as the two holes are straight not directional, but if you turn the cap around it can move the pearls a bit to get some surface area action

It's a good solution to the cap issue
I also have a Ti one on the way to see how it fits

20191029_161108.jpg
20191029_161104.jpg
20191029_162040.jpg
20191029_162013.jpg

My quartz dish and carb cap work well
I'm liking the flavour and smooth hits
Can take nice hits with little cough on this dish
As mentioned before I would prefer a perfect fit - if I can sand it on some wet and dry or something it would work with about half the height on the cap so the roof would seal on the dish

Directional airholes would be good but it isnt as much of a thing as the fit

Still works well and I'm happy
For some reason the quartz dish is a creeper where the halo hits quicker

I got the Ti cap for the quartz dish
It fits much better than the glass
Perfect size
Only thing is the hole is not directional and it's a bit small so slightly restricted
If I have a drill bit that can make it a bit bigger without breaking it will be perfect
The fit is excellent

20191104_115513.jpg
20191104_135755.jpg

So both the glass and Ti are good
They will be perfect with some diy

Either the glass if you can sand down a bit or the Ti if you can drill the hole bigger and maybe angled

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back