Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds How to dab your flower rosin and keep your nail clean too

So the Ti cap is easiest to mod so far
I wasn't sure if I'd break my drill bit or not being Ti, but no issues at all
Made the hole bigger and managed to do so on an angle so it actually has functioning directional air flow - the pearls or comets spin perfectly :)

Also with the aid of a torching I got the colour back into the fresh drilled silver bits :thumbsup:

So both are good, I haven't tried to sand the glass cap yet but the Ti was easy to fix and is a perfect fit now with functioning directional flow :)

Happy chappy

20191104_230137.jpg
20191104_233353.jpg

Nice job @felvapes, what size bit did you use and was it just a normal HSS drill bit?
I would have thought Ti would be a pain to drill through.

Nice job @felvapes, what size bit did you use and was it just a normal HSS drill bit?
I would have thought Ti would be a pain to drill through.
I thought Ti was going to be a bitch to drill too, but was no problem
Tbh I don't know what drill bit I used, it was an old one I had lying around
Quite thin though, was just the tiniest bit bigger than the hole - it actually fit in the top part of the hole to start
I think it was just a normal metal/slash timber bit - I really didn't expect it to work and thought I'd break my bit, Esp when I did the angle for directional airflow

I'm trying to decide if I want to expand into an enail setup. I have picked out what I would want, but worry about taking my tolerance to that level.

Right now, the most that I can handle is half a rice grain size dab, even with my daily use. I tend to take smaller rosin hits through my vapes like my Fury 2 or small puffs off the Terp Pen. I've also tried using a mod and quartz cup, but never really took to it. The times I torch my banger I send myself to the moon with the intensity of a dab hit.

I'm trying to decide if I want to expand into an enail setup. I have picked out what I would want, but worry about taking my tolerance to that level.

Right now, the most that I can handle is half a rice grain size dab, even with my daily use. I tend to take smaller rosin hits through my vapes like my Fury 2 or small puffs off the Terp Pen. I've also tried using a mod and quartz cup, but never really took to it. The times I torch my banger I send myself to the moon with the intensity of a dab hit.
The nice thing about an enail set up is the consistency of temperature. Torching can be iffy... I know I'd never go back to that. So if you are doing concentrates in anything other than a portable, getting an enail would be the option I'd go towards.

And there's nothing that says you have to take monster dabs with it. You can still take small dabs.

As to your tolerance, if you are already dabbing you're probably raising it slightly already. And I've found that most people who have ready access to concentrates and start dabbing seem to gravitate to dabbing over flower. But, again, it doesn't necessarily mean that your tolerance will be raised. It's all in how much you dab daily.

Here's an interesting thought a little off topic but related to tolerance.

I normally vape 0.3g loads of flower, if I do, and I take 6 sessions in a day so I'm almost 2 grams a day of flower, so 14g a week. When I press out 14g of flower for rosin and use that for medicating, I go through it half as fast. Is my tolerance raised or lowered? I'm not quite sure, but I get blasted every time I take a dab, and every bowl I take but I seem to be wasting half my material without any noticeable effects vaping flower vs oil?!

Back on topic, I think the enail is the way to go and I completely agree with @momofthegoons just take smaller dabs. You can tare your scale with your unloaded dabber, then load a dab and reweigh it, that'll let you know if your eyes are measuring properly lol That can also keep you from taking that huge dab that messes up your tolerance for the rest of the day.

Yes, an enail is much better than your torching, and much more consistent
You can take low temp dabs while it stays hot and you can have small doses if desired also

It is my most efficient way to consume rosin and tastiest and easiest clean up

I'm trying to decide if I want to expand into an enail setup.

You do want one. It's final, we've decided. :whipit:

I agree with everyone that posted. Enails are way better than torch rigs.

When I do dabs (solo) I keep them small. I'm not sure anyone would say I'm micro dosing, but I don't use much. BB size dabs 3-4 times a day, compared to .1 grams of herb 5-6 times per day.

The last couple days my asthma has been bad so it's low temp dabbing exclusively for me. It's easier on me than herb. But I do go back and forth, when healthy, for a little variety.

Last edited:
Yes, an enail is much better than your torching, and much more consistent
You can take low temp dabs while it stays hot and you can have small doses if desired also

It is my most efficient way to consume rosin and tastiest and easiest clean up

Thanks folks. I definitely see the efficiency and ease of use. For one, I wouldn't need to keep wrapping my rosin in organic cotton all the time. It's more about going from a family sedan to a Lamborghini. I guess you can drive a Lambo under the speed limit if you're careful. It's accidently flooring the gas that I worry about. :ko:

@Shredder, I love my rosin. Everytime I go back to flower, it tastes grassy or vegetal now and then quickly turns to that toasted flavor. I also don't miss all the bits and pieces of flower vaping.

Last edited:
I wouldn't need to keep wrapping my rosin in organic cotton all the time.

Keep the cotton and wipe you hot dabber on it after each dab to clean the dabber and use the cotton in your vape as usual once the cotton gets soaked.
I find my Dnail to be better at smaller loads than my banger and insert (you can be a real rosin pig if you want with the ruby inserts).

@BabyFacedFinster Enails are a great evolution and will be consistency while simplifying the process of taking a dab. You can do as small or as large of a dab as you like and get the same results each time. I would recommend a 25mm setup as its great for people that prefer the smaller dabs.

I will be having a 20% off saler that starts tonight at midnight and runs until Monday. This is a great time for anyone looking to save some scratch =)

Hope everyone is having a great day

Shane

I use denatured alcohol to clean all my glass....swabbing my nails immediately after use. Periodically things get a more thorough cleaning using little course salt and enough alcohol to suspend it. Swirl until the deposits are removed. It works as a mild cleanser.

I think I picked this up after reading about it on FC back in the day. Works extremely well and denatured alcohol is very cheap.

Buy the stuff formulated for indoor stoves as it doesn't have any additives formulated into it (it is for indoor use and the 'exhaust' must be breathable)

I use denatured alcohol to clean all my glass....swabbing my nails immediately after use. Periodically things get a more thorough cleaning using little course salt and enough alcohol to suspend it. Swirl until the deposits are removed. It works as a mild cleanser.

I think I picked this up after reading about it on FC back in the day. Works extremely well and denatured alcohol is very cheap.

Buy the stuff formulated for indoor stoves as it doesn't have any additives formulated into it (it is for indoor use and the 'exhaust' must be breathable)
After cleaning my water pipes citrus fruit juice rinse before consumption of more CANNABIS.
Taste flavor is my new found hobby.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back