Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I didn't know that!

330991149_763854438497086_6367354980053004105_n.jpg

A Roman fertility festival was the holiday's precursor.​

It may be difficult to believe given how innocuous the holiday is nowadays, but the roots of Valentine's Day stem from a bloody pagan fertility festival dating back to 6th century B.C. Every year, between February 13 and 15, Romans celebrated Lupercalia by sacrificing animals and slapping women with their hides, which was believed to make them more fertile. Later, notes Britannica.com, the women would be paired off with men "by lottery." Definitely not the most romantic way to find an S.O.

Yeah, I dated her. :uhoh:

The globe skimmer (or wandering glider, Pantala flavescens), a migratory dragonfly, makes an annual multigenerational journey of some 18,000 km (about 11,200 miles); to complete the migration, individual globe skimmers fly more than 6,000 km (3,730 miles)—one of the farthest known migrations of all insect species.

The Beatles had a knack for sneaking drug references into their music. An example of this is “Got to Get You into My Life” from their 1966 album Revolver. Written by Paul McCartney, the song seems like any other love song, but he later revealed the song was an “ode to pot.”

In Barry Miles’ biography Many Years From Now, McCartney discussed how he had developed a hobby of smoking weed during his time with The Beatles. He found the drug to have “literally mind-expanding” effects and wanted to write a song about his enjoyment of pot

Amen!

Interesting but smells like bs
Here is the paper on which it is reporting – Interconnected Carbon Nanosheets Derived from Hemp for Ultrafast Supercapacitors with High Energy. The study was published in 2013, so it is hardly news. I could not find any further research since then. There is a report from 2019 that the scientist involved, David Mitlin, patented this process and is developing a research facility in upstate NY. What is available gives the reporting the vibe of corporate press releases, probably fishing for funding, rather than genuine news.
Dr. David Mitlin of Clarkson University, New York led this experiment into hemp tech. Scientists ‘cooked’ waste bark fibers of hemp and transformed them into ‘carbon nanosheets.’

“We’re making graphene-like materials for a thousandth of the price – and we’re doing it with waste. The hemp we use is perfectly legal to grow. It has no THC in it at all – so there’s no overlap with any recreational activities.”

Super capacitors actually, not batteries. I wish them luck.
I won't be investing, it just screams tech scam.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back