Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I didn't know that!

CarolKing

Always in search of the perfect vaporizer
i wanted to start a thread so I could talk about a issue that always pisses me off.

I like fresh crackers when I eat soup. It irritates me when I buy a box of saltines and they are already stale when you open them up. I even emailed the company about it suggesting they get a better packaging method. They sent me a $5 coupon which was a nice thing.

I was looking online and found where all you need to do is put the crackers in the microwave on a paper towel for 40 seconds. The crackers taste fresh again. You can do this with chips, cereal or nuts. That would work too if using an oven. It makes sense getting rid of any added moisture. A pretty simple concept. You science types probably already knew this.

So often we just throw things out.

Do you have any simple ideas to fix every day problems we all deal with? Maybe it will make life a little easier for others. Or do you know something that we all don't know. Tell us.

Creamed tomato soup with crackers

Last edited:
A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar daily in water and you may not need to take an antacid anymore.

Unfiltered All Natural Apple Cider Vinegar, 32 fl oz

• 899f2987-5e85-4f78-a7c2-3a5de2413777_1.691d2d8cd6b85d12ebc495afecbee482.jpeg

My issue is A.I. and that I didn't know scientists are getting scared...

Peace!

TAMING THE MONSTERS OF TOMORROW
A small group of researchers is studying how science could destroy the world—and how to stop that from happening
mushroom-art---rgb2.png

A nuclear bomb is detonated at the U.S. Pacific Proving Grounds in 1958. Global nuclear warfare is one of the “existential risks” that could end civilization as we know it.

OMIKRON/SCIENCE SOURCE

By
Kai KupferschmidtJan. 11, 2018 , 1:45 PM

Science-Internal-CraigKarl3.png

CRAIG & KARL
Philosopher Nick Bostrom believes it's entirely possible that artificial intelligence (AI) could lead to the extinction of Homo sapiens. In his 2014 bestseller Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies, Bostrom paints a dark scenario in which researchers create a machine capable of steadily improving itself. At some point, it learns to make money from online transactions and begins purchasing goods and services in the real world. Using mail-ordered DNA, it builds simple nanosystems that in turn create more complex systems, giving it ever more power to shape the world.

Now suppose the AI suspects that humans might interfere with its plans, writes Bostrom, who's at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. It could decide to build tiny weapons and distribute them around the world covertly. "At a pre-set time, nanofactories producing nerve gas or target-seeking mosquito-like robots might then burgeon forth simultaneously from every square meter of the globe."

For Bostrom and a number of other scientists and philosophers, such scenarios are more than science fiction. They're studying which technological advances pose "existential risks" that could wipe out humanity or at least end civilization as we know it—and what could be done to stop them. "Think of what we're trying to do as providing a scientific red team for the things that could threaten our species," says philosopher Huw Price, who heads the Centre for the Study of Existential Risk(CSER) here at the University of Cambridge.

A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar daily in water and you may not need to take an antacid anymore.

Unfiltered All Natural Apple Cider Vinegar, 32 fl oz

• 899f2987-5e85-4f78-a7c2-3a5de2413777_1.691d2d8cd6b85d12ebc495afecbee482.jpeg
I found another use for apple cider vinegar last summer. We were plagued with fruit flies and I could not get rid of them; even when the fruit was gone. Some apple cider vinegar with a couple drops of dish detergent in a small container did the trick. I set a couple of them around the room and the flies were gone within a day or two.

Another hack I found was for cleaning grout. I remodeled my kitchen recently and, instead of replacing the flooring, kept the original tile. But it was filthy and I felt I might need to get a professional floor cleaner in to clean the grout and reseal it. Got some quotes and they wanted $1200.00 for the job!!! So I hit the netz and Google is my friend. I found a video of a guy using products you can find in your home and ended up using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. You just sprinkle the baking soda on top of the peroxide and give it a light scrub. Leave it set for 15 min. to 1/2 hour... wipe with a cloth and warm water and voila.....

IMG_3134.jpg

So for the cost of two boxes of baking soda and a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, my grout is clean. Don't know if this method would work for mildew in the bathroom, but for floors it's a keeper.

The Odd Couple: Groucho called him “Coop.” They once performed a duet of “Lidia the Tattooed Lady” at a benefit organized by Frank Sinatra. Groucho, a chronic insomniac in his 80s, often called Alice in the wee small hours of the morning, inviting him to drop by. Then the two of them—Groucho in his beret, smoking a cigar, Alice with a six-pack of Bud—would watch old movies until the eldest Marx brother fell asleep.

46177275_2171222089604634_1503864283090386944_n.png

To me, that is the signal to get out of the spa, usually 45 minutes to an hour.:thumbsup:

It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose

Try it and see

To me, that is the signal to get out of the spa, usually 45 minutes to an hour.:thumbsup:

Mmmmm have you seen the research on spas - no matter how well you clean them - they always have a bitta bondi cigar in the water to soak in.......

It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose

Try it and see

I tried....
Yes and no

I can hum holding my nose...but it is muffled and you cannot do it for and extended amount of time as you will need to breath at some.... you also need to stop for a sec to swallow down the mouthful of air from humming...lol - It is possible though with loopholes...

they always have a bitta bondi cigar in the water to soak in
I have an ozone generator, UV sterilizer, and use lithium as a sanitizer....I still wouldn't drink it though, still better than swimming in open water, fish fucking in it and all!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back