Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I Flush My Toilet With A Beer Bottle - The Occasional Germophobe Thread

Do You Regret Reading This Thread?

• Total voters
I have a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide that I use to spray my toothbrush before and after using. Years ago I had one of those toothbrush sanitizers but I never really liked it. I'm not even sure if it worked at all. I also never use hand sanitizer, good ol' soap and water for me.

I also never use hand sanitizer, good ol' soap and water for me.
The only time I use hand sanitizer is coming out of a grocery store. God knows what's on the handles and other items in the store. Even if you use one of those wipes they supply.. you can't wipe down everything.

You can also put your toothbrush (providing it's not electric lol) into the dishwasher to sanitize.

The only time I use hand sanitizer is coming out of a grocery store. God knows what's on the handles
Yeah, I always thought that those carts have got to be contaminated with everything in the book. I have a friend who worked at Walmart for 20 years. She's retired now but she told me that one person was assigned to wipe down the cart handles with disinfectant regularly. I can't remember if she said they wiped them down once a day, a week or what, but they'd be difficult to keep clean for sure and I wouldn't trust that they are clean. I always make a mental note to keep my hands away from my face for fear of transferring some weird bug.

I've backpacked for a month with a bottle of purell and a small (4oz?) Bottle of Dr bronners liquid soap, I did have a lot of toilet paper though. Cooking in the same pot, using a plastic spork, the same water bottle. And I'm still alive, lol.

Seriously though we have more microbe dna in us than human dna. Our bodies run smoothly when our guts have a good selection of microbes.

Apologies to germ phobe's, but I think it's actually unhealthy to chemically clean our selves so much, in the same vain as abusing antibiotics.

As to flushing with a beer bottle? Using the same hand that held your weener? Lol

When I first starting building out here on the mountain, I had no plumbing, electricity or running water. I stacked a couple old tires on top of each other and lined the inside with a garbage bag, instant sit down toilet. For water, I filled jugs from the pond that surrounds the property, set them out in the sun and in no time I had hot washing water. It didn't ingest it at all, but it stood in for every kind of washing.

It was a weird sort of camping but it was fun.

I love Dr Bronners soap!

What about the seats of the carts with all the toddlers with leaky diapers that have sat down. I wonder how often stores clean carts?
Shopping cart hack

Don’t put food in the seat area, who knows what went on there.

I like using straws at restaurants with my drinks, I prefer them wrapped up. I don’t like my lips on the glass at restaurants, not sure how clean the glasses are?

Last edited:
When I first starting building out here on the mountain, I had no plumbing, electricity or running water. I stacked a couple old tires on top of each other and lined the inside with a garbage bag, instant sit down toilet. For water, I filled jugs from the pond that surrounds the property, set them out in the sun and in no time I had hot washing water. It didn't ingest it at all, but it stood in for every kind of washing.

It was a weird sort of camping but it was fun.

I love Dr Bronners soap!
@Squiby, you are awesome.

Ugh............. I shouldn't have come here.

Chronic hand washer. But, I don't use anti bacterial soap.

Shopping carts, I started using the baskets that you have to carry, that may be worse somehow LOL. I would carry two at a time.
Menus?! Hard to get around that. One reason I learned to cook and eat at home often.

Hotel rooms! I had a job that required me to travel once every three months. Of course the company would put me up in the cheapest hotel they could book. Most were okay, but, i once walked into a supposedly freshly cleaned room, the maid was walking out as I was walking in, and the toilet was unflushed and there was something in the shower that was/is indescribable. I walked back down to the lobby and showed them pictures. They gave me another room on a different floor.
Learned to keep my socks on and sleep on top of the comforter. Clothed. I bought water shoes to use in the shower. :disgust: :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

I've gotten much better since those days, but damn. Also, I've started staying in better hotels.

I may have a problem........... :rofl:

Oh I forgot to mention spa baths......
Germaphobes stay away from researching that one.....

Yea, spa baths, or as I call them, genital cappuccino machines, are a no go zone for sure. :shakehead:

Also, the belts at grocery stores can trip me up at times. I've asked cashiers to spray and wipe the belts. Often the request is met with a look of, What's wrong with you?
I look away in shame... LOL

While this isn't a contest, I may win...

I wash my hands after touching eggs, fruits, and vegetables. Bacterium resides on the outside, not the inside. When the knife/utensil goes through the skin and into the flesh, it carries the bacteria with it and contaminates the flesh of the fruit or vegetable.

Okay, I'm off to bathe in bleach. :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back