Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I Flush My Toilet With A Beer Bottle - The Occasional Germophobe Thread

Do You Regret Reading This Thread?

• Total voters

EveryDayAmnesiac

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
inyLC3J.jpg

(In case you didn't believe me.)

Call me crazy, but I find it to be a better option than touching the handle. After flushing, I keep the bottle in a sanitary location close at hand ... but not too close, of course. :thumbsup:

I also ecologically responsibly disinfect and sanitize my:

• Tweezers
  • Clippers
  • Shower Curtain
  • Combs
  • Keys
  • Credit Cards & Drivers License
  • Door Knobs
  • Sink Handles
  • Fridge & Freezer Door Handles
  • Ice Cube Trays
  • Stove & Oven Knobs
  • Car Door Handles
  • Car Steering Wheel
  • Car Shifting Knob
  • Glove Box Handle
  • Phone
  • Keyboard
  • Tablet Screen
  • Desktop Mouse
  • TV & DVD & Console Remotes
  • Flashlights
  • Shoes
  • Book Covers
  • DVD & CD Boxes
  • Air Mattress
  • Pillows
  • AND MANY MORE!!!
Now, if I could just dunk the cats in isopropyl alcohol to keep them nice and clean... :dog:

How about you? Any ridiculousness you'd care to admit to? :ko:

I can operate almost any device in a public men's room with just my feet. Years of practice. (I used to ride the NYC subway system without ever touching....anything. Again, years of practice.... and, alas, a now-long-gone young man's sense of balance...:lol:)

Idk..... maybe it's because the type of work I do or something, but I don't really understand germaphobia. I foot flush in public restrooms, open the bathroom doors with paper towels and stuff but that's about the extent of it. I routinely work for hours on mechanical projects and don't bother washing my hands before lunch. I'll just use the wrapper to hold my food best I can if my hands are really grubby. I almost never get sick (knock on a log vape), seemingly much less then people I see cleansing, scrubbing, dis-infecting frequently.

You need to excerise your immune system to keep it strong imo.

My better half keeps a bathroom as clean or cleaner then EDA, but that's only cause she's somewhat OCD about keeping the home sparkling and beautified. I am not allowed to clean though, as it's not up to "the standards". :lol:

Last edited:
I use some toilet paper to flush the toilet when in public bathrooms. After I wash my hands I use a paper towel to open the door. I then just drop the paper towel on the floor if there is no trash can available by the door.

I keep liquid hand sanitizer in my car and my purse. Afrer getting gas, using a cash machine, debit or using a grocery cart I use hand sanitizer most of the time I wait until I get in my car.

When I use a hotel room I take sanitary wipes with me and I wipe off the channel changer from the TV and any counters, plus door knobs. I also wipe off the toilet handle and the cold and hot water handles at the sink. I take off the top bedspread too.

I prefer to use a straw rather than drink from a glass out at a restaurant.

A funny story about my mom. When I was a little girl, I would be standing in the stall with my mom. She would hover over the toilet rather than sit down. I asked her why she did that. She said because of diseases. One woman she said got a disease and they had to burn all her clothes. I was horrified. Not sure what disease it was? Maybe she was referring to VD or hepatitis? I never asked her later in life, I wish I had.

I wasn't able to hover when I went, so that gave this little girl something else to worry about. I would try to put toilet paper on the seat. Most of the time they didn't have toilet seat shields back then. The toilet paper would most of the time fall off. Then for awhile I tried to avoid public toilets.

I hope this isn't TMI

A funny story about my mom. When I was a little girl, I would be standing in the stall with my mom. She would hover over the toilet rather than sit down. I asked her why she did that. She said because of diseases. One woman she said got a disease and they had to burn all her clothes. I was horrified. Not sure what disease it was? Maybe she was referring to VD or hepatitis? I never asked her later in life, I wish I had.

I wasn't able to hover when I went, so that gave this little girl something else to worry about. I would try to put toilet paper on the seat. Most of the time they didn't have toilet seat shields back then. The toilet paper would most of the time fall off. Then for awhile I tried to avoid public toilets.

I hope this isn't TMI

Nah I'm not a fan of public toilets either.

I'll use one if I must but I'll hold out until DEFCON 1 before succumbing.

In places like France they have this flat toilet design you have to squat over:

By-kawanet.jpg

At first I hated the idea but in retrospect I'm starting to believe it may be better:
  • No contact!
  • Correct natural squatting position that results in less strain (like wot the animalz use)
  • Less inclined to linger reading a book or whatever resulting in a prolapsed colon
  • Easier to clean
  • Uses less water to flush

Nah I'm not a fan of public toilets either.

I'll use one if I must but I'll hold out until DEFCON 1 before succumbing.

In places like France they have this flat toilet design you have to squat over:

By-kawanet.jpg

At first I hated the idea but in retrospect I'm starting to believe it may be better:
  • No contact!
  • Correct natural squatting position that results in less strain (like wot the animalz use)
  • Less inclined to linger reading a book or whatever resulting in a prolapsed colon
  • Easier to clean
  • Uses less water to flush

That's pretty crazy..... do the foot.... braces (rests?) are they inclined for better..... squato-nomics?

I feel like this is one bad meal from making any pair of shoes disposable. :lol:

So I got a gift last year for Christmas that I love.... and am giving to a few people this year...

One thing I am a complete germaphobe about is cross contamination in a kitchen. Drives me nuts... And one of the things that can cause this is your soap dispenser. Why? Because you have to touch it. Now I realize that this method has been used in public restrooms for years... but I hadn't seen anything for the home until I got this gift. Love it. Refillable and rechargeable.

st1043_bezdotykovy_davkovac_mydla_simplehuman_kartacovana_ocel.jpg

So if you have a germaphobe on your list that you just don't have a clue what to get this holiday season? This is the ticket! :nod:

Saw this article today and thought of you @EveryDayAmnesiac ....

Study Finds Smoking From A Pipe Can Expose You To More Germs Than A Toilet Seat

Let’s face it: we touch a lot of dirty things every day.

Dirty items inside the home include bathroom hand towels and dog toys. Outside of the house, everything from shopping carts to ATMs can expose us to high concentrations of germs. And that doesn’t even cover everyday items like cell phones, cash, and computer keyboards—all of which have high germ exposure potential.

The same can be said for items that go in our mouths, like fingernails and pens. Sharing drinks, toothbrushes, and food can also spell out germ city.

And that bizarre five-second rule? Forget about it.

Germs are everywhere. They’re unavoidable, but don’t freak out; they’re a totally normal part of living and your immune system will protect you from most of them. However, there’s a pressing germ concern unique to the cannabis community: group consumption of pipes and joints.

A recent study conducted by Los Angeles-based Moose Labs found that cannabis pipes, vapes, and joints all have “an astounding level of bacteria.” It went on to state that it was difficult to find a neutral everyday item that matched its levels of bacteria. The analysis produced significantly higher-than-expected results. In all, the average cannabis pipe was found to have “almost one and a half times more bacteria than a public toilet seat.”

The report concluded that each person should use a mouthpiece when consuming. The findings support using a product like a disposable or washable mouthpiece with a filter, like one that Moose Labs offers. This is a point the company’s co-founder Jay Rush said the study sought out to prove.

“It really is just absolutely horrifying,” Rush said about the findings. “I almost feel bad telling people, but would you rather be informed and upset or uninformed and blissfully ignorant?”

Other experts in the field told High Times they recommended carrying a product like alcohol wipes when smoking a bong or pipe with a large group of people.

Christopher Carrubba, MD explained why cannabis consumption devices can become so contaminated. He cited biofilm formation as the cause. “Marijuana itself can be a host to numerous bacterial and fungal organisms and contaminated bong water can similarly serve as a host for bacteria, candida, and other types of fungi,” he said.

“As these organisms grow, they secrete substances that allow them to cling to certain physical objects such as plastic or glass within a bong. The accumulation of these secretions leads to the formation of a biofilm that serves to protect these organisms and to facilitate their ongoing proliferation.”

Dr. Carrubba went on to note that biofilms are resistant to standard cleaning solutions and antimicrobial agents: “Once a biofilm forms, bacterial and fungal contaminants may persist even after a basic washing of the bong.”

He added that some of the more common microbial organisms and their potential risks include:

• Aspergillosis — When burned, the fungal organism aspergillosis releases mycotoxins that can gather in bong water and be inhaled later on. This can potentially cause a cough or chest pain and can lead to pulmonary disease.
  • Pseudomonas — This bacterial organism can cause acute pneumonia and sepsis. It is difficult to treat, often requiring antimicrobial therapy for long periods.
  • Flavobacterium — This bacteria is found in sources of stagnant water like an unclean bong. An infection can lead to pulmonary symptoms and diarrhea.
  • Streptococcus species — A common bacteria usually found on the skin and in the oral and respiratory tract. It is responsible for infections such as strep throat, pneumonia, ear infections and other unpleasant medical results.
  • E. coli — E. coli can also be found in the cannabis plant, as well as human and animal feces. Exposure to E. coli can turn into symptoms, including diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
The Moose Labs study focuses on cannabis pipes, as the company did not receive enough materials to analyze joints and vaporizers as closely as the pipes.

However, Rush noted that the unnamed joints and vaporizer provided in the test are products he uses personally. “I consider myself a relatively clean person,” Rush said. “And they both read significantly higher than anything else that we have tested for.”

The results from Moose Labs found that both joints and vaporizers had close to four times more bacteria than a toilet seat.

The concerning data shows that cannabis consumption, especially in group settings, can create adverse effects. While drastic, Rush noted that global issues, such as the SARS virus, can go from one person to thousands across the world relatively quickly. If an infected person consumed cannabis in a group setting, the consequences could be dire.

“Imagine if someone goes to one of these events where they have one of these viruses and a hundred other people put their mouth directly on [a pipe] and go out into the world. You’d have an epidemic like never before,” Rush explained.

Causing the next global health scare isn’t a likely outcome, but other uncomfortable conditions from sore throats to diarrhea are possible. While it may not always be the trendiest thing to do, carrying a mouthpiece or sanitary wipes will keep pieces cleaner. Using a few could help yourself and those around you.

Those looking to protect themselves further may want to consider Dr. Carrubaa’s advice that includes cleaning the bong with boiling water after each use. Other measures include properly drying the bong after washing, a weekly cleaning with rubbing alcohol, and cleaning your hands before using your piece.

Saw this article today and thought of you @EveryDayAmnesiac ....

Study Finds Smoking From A Pipe Can Expose You To More Germs Than A Toilet Seat

Let’s face it: we touch a lot of dirty things every day.

Dirty items inside the home include bathroom hand towels and dog toys. Outside of the house, everything from shopping carts to ATMs can expose us to high concentrations of germs. And that doesn’t even cover everyday items like cell phones, cash, and computer keyboards—all of which have high germ exposure potential.

The same can be said for items that go in our mouths, like fingernails and pens. Sharing drinks, toothbrushes, and food can also spell out germ city.

And that bizarre five-second rule? Forget about it.

Germs are everywhere. They’re unavoidable, but don’t freak out; they’re a totally normal part of living and your immune system will protect you from most of them. However, there’s a pressing germ concern unique to the cannabis community: group consumption of pipes and joints.

A recent study conducted by Los Angeles-based Moose Labs found that cannabis pipes, vapes, and joints all have “an astounding level of bacteria.” It went on to state that it was difficult to find a neutral everyday item that matched its levels of bacteria. The analysis produced significantly higher-than-expected results. In all, the average cannabis pipe was found to have “almost one and a half times more bacteria than a public toilet seat.”

The report concluded that each person should use a mouthpiece when consuming. The findings support using a product like a disposable or washable mouthpiece with a filter, like one that Moose Labs offers. This is a point the company’s co-founder Jay Rush said the study sought out to prove.

“It really is just absolutely horrifying,” Rush said about the findings. “I almost feel bad telling people, but would you rather be informed and upset or uninformed and blissfully ignorant?”

Other experts in the field told High Times they recommended carrying a product like alcohol wipes when smoking a bong or pipe with a large group of people.

Christopher Carrubba, MD explained why cannabis consumption devices can become so contaminated. He cited biofilm formation as the cause. “Marijuana itself can be a host to numerous bacterial and fungal organisms and contaminated bong water can similarly serve as a host for bacteria, candida, and other types of fungi,” he said.

“As these organisms grow, they secrete substances that allow them to cling to certain physical objects such as plastic or glass within a bong. The accumulation of these secretions leads to the formation of a biofilm that serves to protect these organisms and to facilitate their ongoing proliferation.”

Dr. Carrubba went on to note that biofilms are resistant to standard cleaning solutions and antimicrobial agents: “Once a biofilm forms, bacterial and fungal contaminants may persist even after a basic washing of the bong.”

He added that some of the more common microbial organisms and their potential risks include:

• Aspergillosis — When burned, the fungal organism aspergillosis releases mycotoxins that can gather in bong water and be inhaled later on. This can potentially cause a cough or chest pain and can lead to pulmonary disease.
  • Pseudomonas — This bacterial organism can cause acute pneumonia and sepsis. It is difficult to treat, often requiring antimicrobial therapy for long periods.
  • Flavobacterium — This bacteria is found in sources of stagnant water like an unclean bong. An infection can lead to pulmonary symptoms and diarrhea.
  • Streptococcus species — A common bacteria usually found on the skin and in the oral and respiratory tract. It is responsible for infections such as strep throat, pneumonia, ear infections and other unpleasant medical results.
  • E. coli — E. coli can also be found in the cannabis plant, as well as human and animal feces. Exposure to E. coli can turn into symptoms, including diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
The Moose Labs study focuses on cannabis pipes, as the company did not receive enough materials to analyze joints and vaporizers as closely as the pipes.

However, Rush noted that the unnamed joints and vaporizer provided in the test are products he uses personally. “I consider myself a relatively clean person,” Rush said. “And they both read significantly higher than anything else that we have tested for.”

The results from Moose Labs found that both joints and vaporizers had close to four times more bacteria than a toilet seat.

The concerning data shows that cannabis consumption, especially in group settings, can create adverse effects. While drastic, Rush noted that global issues, such as the SARS virus, can go from one person to thousands across the world relatively quickly. If an infected person consumed cannabis in a group setting, the consequences could be dire.

“Imagine if someone goes to one of these events where they have one of these viruses and a hundred other people put their mouth directly on [a pipe] and go out into the world. You’d have an epidemic like never before,” Rush explained.

Causing the next global health scare isn’t a likely outcome, but other uncomfortable conditions from sore throats to diarrhea are possible. While it may not always be the trendiest thing to do, carrying a mouthpiece or sanitary wipes will keep pieces cleaner. Using a few could help yourself and those around you.

Those looking to protect themselves further may want to consider Dr. Carrubaa’s advice that includes cleaning the bong with boiling water after each use. Other measures include properly drying the bong after washing, a weekly cleaning with rubbing alcohol, and cleaning your hands before using your piece.
Always felt smoking bongs were gross
Glad I have a US cleaner now and use it almost daily
This is pretty yuk....

I have a auto soap dispenser too

In public I fold lots of paper and lay around the seat but prefer to not use public toilets unless number one

Flushing a toilet you should have the seat down
I've seen the docos on how far it splashes otherwise - all over our toothbrushes on other side of room

Also the MythBusters one on a dinner party and one person with a runny nose
Everyone got covered in it....

Last edited:
Now, if I could just dunk the cats in isopropyl alcohol to keep them nice and clean... :dog:
I have two cats; an indoor/outdoor stray (Pickles) that came to live with me a few years ago, to whom I'm allergic and a hypoallergenic Bengal (Caleb). To reduce my symptoms from Pickles coming in the house to sleep for the night, I began washing the cats. Every few days I take a dripping wet wash cloth and rub them down, followed by vigorous brushing with a pair silicone nubby gloves. The hair that comes off them is astonishing and they are clean and lovely. At first Pickles was not impressed but over time is now willing to accommodate my insanity. Caleb is addicted to it. Absolutely loves it and if I do not give him a bath as per the regular schedule, he will follow me around meowing loudly until I get out those silicone gloves.

Amazon product

my neighbours initially sided with Pickles and thought I was nuts. But they came around and now wash their cats regularly. If nothing else it keeps the hair in the house way down.

The report concluded that each person should use a mouthpiece when consuming.
I was never comfortable sharing a joint back when I smoked joints. When passed to me I would hold the end with my fingers such that I didn't have to put the joint directly to my lips.

Now a days I vape with my Vapcaps and although I am happy to share a vape session with friends, I don't share the same Vapcap. Everyone gets their own clean Vapcap to use. This practice justifies my multiple VapCap collection. I don't have VAS, I'm just considerate of my friends.... That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :hmm: (Full disclosure; I have more Vapcaps than friends.)

Flushing a toilet you should have the seat down
I always keep the lid down, when flushing and any time it's not in use. I began doing this years ago when I read that it was bad Fung Shui to leave a toilet lid up. I hadn't thought of the spewing droplets.:ugh:

I dunk my toothbrush in mouthwash after use to kill germs. I keep alcohol prep pads with my vape supplies to clean mouthpieces, and I clean my glass with ISO after using. I don't like hand sanitizer as triclosan it leads to resistant bacteria, weakens the immune system and causes problems with the endocrine system and thyroid. I'm big on handwashing, and I keep boxes of disposable gloves around and use them liberally. At a certain point, I try to remind myself people weren't meant to live in a sterile environment or I'd go nuts.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back