Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I Need Wood

Son+of+a+Gun+copy.jpg

I assume that's a trigger :razz2:
Coward didn't have the cajones to make it anatomically correct! hahaha

Ok, not sure if I have done this before on this site.....but below are pics from one of the recent annual Ward Museum World Waterfowl Carving Contest although in the full size decorative category they do not need to be waterfowl as you will see.

All....I mean ALL of the composition must be made of wood and hand carved. They are allowed to fasten pieces together.....one Open Decorative recent winner was made of over 4,000 separate hand carved pieces (that would be the Potoo...little owl looking bird...on a vanilla tree trunk below....all of the bark on the tree was hand carved and painted, the leaves are all hand carved, etc, etc). Hope you find this enjoyable.

11.jpg
35.jpg
41.jpg
82.jpg
115.jpg
116.jpg
Heron.jpg
IMG_9306-28.jpg
Potoo.jpg
Ward-Museum-4321.jpg

Ok, not sure if I have done this before on this site.....but below are pics from one of the recent annual Ward Museum World Waterfowl Carving Contest although in the full size decorative category they do not need to be waterfowl as you will see.

All....I mean ALL of the composition must be made of wood and hand carved. They are allowed to fasten pieces together.....one Open Decorative recent winner was made of over 4,000 separate hand carved pieces (that would be the Potoo...little owl looking bird...on a vanilla tree trunk below....all of the bark on the tree was hand carved and painted, the leaves are all hand carved, etc, etc). Hope you find this enjoyable.

View attachment 4002 View attachment 4003 View attachment 4004 View attachment 4005 View attachment 4006 View attachment 4007 View attachment 4008 View attachment 4009 View attachment 4010 View attachment 4011

Thats fucking amazing... excuse the profanitie...
This thread does it for me lots....

Thats fucking amazing... excuse the profanitie...
This thread does it for me lots....
You ought to see some of these pieces in person, mate. Would blow your mind that people could make stuff like this out of wood.

The Ward Museum is named after the Ward brothers who, quite some time ago, were working decoy carvers on the eastern shore of Maryland which, at the time and perhaps now also, was the waterfowl capital of the country.

The contest is held every April in Ocean City, MD and has a huge number of categories, most of which are to be floating and working decoys and NOT the decorative stuff I showed you. Working pairs, working trios, etc.

These are the Ward brothers.....haha...not very sophisticated looking by today's standards but I wish I had a houseful of these boys old decoys because they are VERY collectible and expensive.

The museum is here with lots of pics: https://www.wardmuseum.org/

wardbrossur.jpg

lemstev.gif

da4781bb92015050aa71cf1e2eb21c9c--fly-tying-fly-fishing.jpg

Throw in some lights and power cable access and this would make a nice stealth vape station.
That is so cool! I'd love to see what it looks like closed....

I just found a new cabinet for my vapes/accessories that aren't in rotation... I can finally take stuff out of my closet and cupboards.

33072878_1012517472244646_4203525286194577408_o.jpg

How would you load it up?
Well.. if just for display it would be like this lol...

IMG_4335.jpg

But I could definitely see sitting at the desk you posted as a vaping station. Way cool.

That is so cool! I'd love to see what it looks like closed....

I just found a new cabinet for my vapes/accessories that aren't in rotation... I can finally take stuff out of my closet and cupboards.

View attachment 4020

Well.. if just for display it would be like this lol...

View attachment 4021

But I could definitely see sitting at the desk you posted as a vaping station. Way cool.

Oh snap! :yikes: That's an awesome looking setup. :drooling:

Ask and ye shall receive:
388092_81_45054_BAwRQG5Oh.JPG

There is even a vid of the original vintage version:

http://www.core77.com/posts/45054/Unusual-Vintage-Furniture-Designs-The-Super-Organizing-Wooton-Desk

I believe its a custom take on an old Victorian "Wooton's Cabinet Office" design.
I've seen the roll top desk version like below...

e1173bae7d248c7d5bd0deb93a8c762e.png

But I've never seen an armoire type cabinet desk like that. At least not out 'in the wild.' I see from the link you posted that there's one in the Smithsonian. I wonder what happened to all the rest of them... You'd think you'd see a couple in the antique circuit.

I've seen the roll top desk version like below...

View attachment 4024

But I've never seen an armoire type cabinet desk like that. At least not out 'in the wild.' I see from the link you posted that there's one in the Smithsonian. I wonder what happened to all the rest of them... You'd think you'd see a couple in the antique circuit.

Yeh that's weird, maybe the desk version was more popular?

*On next week's edition of 'Where's my Wooton' @momofthegoons will be hunting down the allusive armoire. :dog:

b9b45f13c614ab7ad70eb8ff787265f7.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back