Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I Need Wood

Picture+5.png

8b885baf6fc982c891378a3fb27e1f64.jpg

More Huon Pine:thumbsup:
Not sure on this wood type;
7a91b002ede85819d599775048f24500.jpg

Hey there everyone,
Its been awhile since I've posted. Let's just say depression was getting the best of me. So I finally got myself a lathe and am slowly getting a shop together.
Here's some things i have been tinkering with. It's not much but I'm pretty proud of it.
The wood is some kind of cedar and black walnut. And some cutting board I cut up.
20181116_121804-1.jpg

Funny how medication and therapy did nothing, but make me want to kill myself more.
When the chips are flying not a care in the world.
Don't even matter what I'm making.lol

Hey there everyone,
Its been awhile since I've posted. Let's just say depression was getting the best of me. So I finally got myself a lathe and am slowly getting a shop together.
Here's some things i have been tinkering with. It's not much but I'm pretty proud of it.
The wood is some kind of cedar and black walnut. And some cutting board I cut up.
View attachment 5879
Funny how medication and therapy did nothing, but make me want to kill myself more.
Melting Pot I said it on IG, but I'll say it again here... you've done a beautiful job with what you've made. I think you've got some skillz! :biggrin:

I'm so happy to hear you've found something that brings you joy......

Hey there everyone,
View attachment 5879

Dude! You have mad skillz. Therapy comes in different forms. Extremely happy for you!!

You sure that's wood...looks like fiberglass to me...see the pattern of the mat in there....never saw wood grain look like that??/

Car like that probably carbon fiber. Definitely not wood.
Thanks for the kind words @BD9 most definitely fun learning and trying all different techniques.
You’re right!! I couldn’t place that pattern but yes, carbon fiber. :clap:

No it is wood guys.

The real point of the project (other than to finally design a car, said Joe Harmon, the guy who built this thing) was to show off the potential of wood as a construction material. The whole thing is built out of flat, layered sections of wood sandwiched together for strength. It may not be a working vehicle, but it's an amazing thought exercise on making a really groundbreaking automobile.

Welcome back @Melting Pot. Good to see you back on an even keel & focusing on what brings you enjoyment in life.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back