Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I Need Wood

IMG_20190517_132438.jpg

The top stem and case are African Blackwood, the lower are Bog Oak.
I put them both thru the same sand, Iso wipe and wax process I always do.

The BO looked fine but had what felt like little raised edges all over both pieces and I wasn't happy with it.

An hour or so later and a bench littered with what looks like the crap a mechanic would clean out from under their fingernails.
I took a toothpick to both pieces and cleaned out every crevice of what must have been dust the Iso wipe missed and I'd then sealed in with the wax.

So when we converted our garage into a ‘family room’ up here at the cottage (in actuality a place the kids could go party that wasn’t right next to our bedroom.... it’s a small place) the guys wanted to eventually build a bar back there. I didn’t want the bar to be new construction cause I’m trying for a more rustic look in keeping with the rest of the place. So I went hunting and found an old general store counter.

It’s been the project this week.

So I thought I would brag a bit and show you our progress. :biggrin: I know our woodworkers that like to re-purpose like @phattpiggie and @Timberhead and maybe @Melting Pot and @Aezhenn might appreciate this....

BE3B71C0-D288-461A-8DDC-0BB6C21DE9E1.jpeg
23137017-FBA4-4619-8ED5-59FA2BE88A05.jpeg

The cabinet in the back is another antique and has the coolest concave glass doors. We’ll use that for booze bottles and glasses.

Wait till you see it finished!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back