Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I Need Wood

artist_creates_sculptures_solely_out_of_wood_he_finds_on_beaches_640_high_29.jpg
artist_creates_sculptures_solely_out_of_wood_he_finds_on_beaches_640_03.jpg

45ED2D7F-638C-479B-9137-1C338392987F.jpeg

I’ve been looking for something for my husband’s ashes. He loved nature and to be out in the woods. I would point to a bird and wonder what it was and he always knew. Or pretended that he knew ha ha. He would know the names of various trees and plants. He would tell me the names of stars at night. He was such a great person. The love of my life.

It’s been difficult deciding on an urn. I didn’t want just anything. Something that would be fitting for him and nice to look at for me. I picked out this wooden vase. I will need to figure out a lid. Any ideas?

Any ideas?
You might have to get one custom made, Ed's TNT might be able to make it or point you in the direction of someone that might be able to help, your old squeeze sounded like a great person to have known, I am saddened by your loss and don't really know what else to say.:hug:

View attachment 10863

I’ve been looking for something for my husband’s ashes. He loved nature and to be out in the woods. I would point to a bird and wonder what it was and he always knew. Or pretended that he knew ha ha. He would know the names of various trees and plants. He would tell me the names of stars at night. He was such a great person. The love of my life.

It’s been difficult deciding on an urn. I didn’t want just anything. Something that would be fitting for him and nice to look at for me. I picked out this wooden vase. I will need to figure out a lid. Any ideas?
@CarolKing, Madri-Guy and I saw your post this afternoon, and have been talking about his Father's death, cremation and the spreading of his ashes since then. Madri-Guy was only 11 when his father died , and he doesn't bring it up much. His father wished to be cremated, and sprinkled on the ocean, so his mourners could go to visit him at the beach instead of a cemetary. We chartered a boat, and went under the Golden Gate Bridge and beyond, to scatter the ashes. You don't forget moments like that.
Your Husband sounds like he was a dear and wonderful man. I'm so glad you had a love like his in your life, and I'm sorry he is gone. It's a loss for us all when a good man goes, and I can't imagine the grief and devastation his passing caused, despite having been there myself.
Madri-Guy kept saying, "What do you say to that question?" It's heartbreaking, tender and beautiful, but so, so sad a question. The fact that you love so much, and lost so much, and want to show your love by a suitable recepticle. The urn you have selected is beautiful, and I'm glad there was good advice from some VA members. I wish I had an answer, any answer. What I do have is a heartfelt sadness for your loss, and sorrow that you are going through this. It's just sad, tragically sad. :hug:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back