Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I Need Wood

nymph-cane.jpg

Yep, sawdust look damp! Less chance of a dead branch hitting you when carving a nice healthy one and you don't have to sharpen the saw as often.:thumbsup:

If it was a stump there's no branches falling

Less of a tree hugger and more of a sustainable logging replantation type thing so we don't run out of wood and they don't become rare af

Makes less money for woodturners if wood isn't as rare but means we have more

Some wood takes forever to grow anyway so the rare money makers will still be around for ppl - but they "wood" still be around...

Plus I vape as I like to breathe
Thanks to trees I can breathe

If it was a stump there's no branches falling

Less of a tree hugger and more of a sustainable logging replantation type thing so we don't run out of wood and they don't become rare af

Makes less money for woodturners if wood isn't as rare but means we have more

Some wood takes forever to grow anyway so the rare money makers will still be around for ppl - but they "wood" still be around...

Plus I vape as I like to breathe
Thanks to trees I can breathe
I've planted 43 trees in my yard, so I do agree with trees being important. I wanted a redwood, but they get too darned big for the space. We do have a huge acacia tree that came with the house, and one of the trees we planted is an Australian Finger Lime. I don't carve anything. Heck, I barely slice anything.

I've planted 43 trees in my yard, so I do agree with trees being important. I wanted a redwood, but they get too darned big for the space. We do have a huge acacia tree that came with the house, and one of the trees we planted is an Australian Finger Lime. I don't carve anything. Heck, I barely slice anything.
Nothing was directed at you @Madri-Gal
I know it was a picture not you or your thoughts :)

Finger limes or native caviar are yum :)

Not many people here know of them, I'm surprised you have one there
:)

Nothing was directed at you @Madri-Gal
I know it was a picture not you or your thoughts :)

Finger limes or native caviar are yum :)

Not many people here know of them, I'm surprised you have one there
:)
I've got one, and the pearls are green. I want one with pink or red as well. I think that would look so pretty on the plate.
Picture of the tree to follow, as it is wood that I need.
Finger-Lime-468.jpeg

Australian_Finger_IMG_5927.jpg

Note: Not my tree.

I've got one, and the pearls are green. I want one with pink or red as well. I think that would look so pretty on the plate.
Picture of the tree to follow, as it is wood that I need.
View attachment 11022
View attachment 11023
Note: Not my tree.
My last one had red fruit
They do look cool on tree and plate

My new one has green fruit

That is a decent size one in the picture

The spikes bite hard if you are not careful picking the fruit

My last one had red fruit
They do look cool on tree and plate

My new one has green fruit

That is a decent size one in the picture

The spikes bite hard if you are not careful picking the fruit
I planted it by the back fence. My fence is lined with extra thorny roses, blackberry brambles, and the finger lime, so if anyone climbs over they will be in a world of hurt. I do want more finger limes. They grow well here, they taste good, and they are gorgeous on the plate. I have a tree addiction. I Need Wood.

Wait, you planted them? I feel like my interpretation of events was -slightly- different.

finger-lime-bonsai.jpg

Here's a finger lime bonsai.

I will need to figure out a lid. Any ideas?
I've been thinking about this ever since you posted this Carol. And I do have a couple ideas to throw at you.

I would be too expensive to get this into the hands of someone like phattpiggie to make; just the shipping alone would be prohibitive. But.... there are two 'up and coming' wood turners you might consider. One is @Ed's TnT 's son. He has been turning for a while now and has been making these debowlers that have lids....

With him you'd have the bonus of having Ed looking over his shoulder lol.

And... there's also @Melting Pot who has been doing some nice work as well.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back