Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I Need Wood

I've been thinking about this ever since you posted this Carol. And I do have a couple ideas to throw at you.

I would be too expensive to get this into the hands of someone like phattpiggie to make; just the shipping alone would be prohibitive. But.... there are two 'up and coming' wood turners you might consider. One is @Ed's TnT 's son. He has been turning for a while now and has been making these debowlers that have lids....

With him you'd have the bonus of having Ed looking over his shoulder lol.

And... there's also @Melting Pot who has been doing some nice work as well.

Hey @momofthegoons @Melting Pot has been doing great work on the jar cases and know how important standning out doing something different and top shelf quality is a big big deal to him.

Had my kid back out in the shop with me this evening, figured while we are waiting on material he could try doing the debowler in a different way, this is rather large bout 5" OD all one piece from Mango. Its a mock up first attempt to get the creative process flowing and give him something to think about as far as the retail pieces he will soon be working on, hope yall like

2019-07-22 15.50.44.jpg
2019-07-22 15.50.34.jpg

@Melting Pot I took the liberty of making your photos full size so that everyone could really see how nice your stuff is getting to be. That bowl is just gorgeous. And great job on the stash jar! :thumbsup:
Thanks @momofthegoons need to get busy been off all summer with my little angel.
20190806_214153.jpg
20190806_213301.jpg
20190806_213354.jpg
20190806_220344_HDR.jpg
20190723_230020.jpg
20190723_230319.jpg
20190806_220228_HDR.jpg

Some other stuff. The spike scoop no one has seen just figuring.lol

Last edited:
@Stevenski - My husband loved being out in the woods and nature. He had his own log truck and loved what he did and was the happiest person I knew. We do a lot of reforestation in WA and OR he never felt he was doing any damage to the lands. He would show me where they had logged ten years before and the trees were already 20 ft tall. He took pride in his job and took immaculate care of his truck and shop.
I felt that wood was very fitting for him. I will spread ashes in some of his favorite places when I feel stronger. I have a silver thread with his name around the top like a necklace in square wooden letters. I didn’t want a regular urn, I wanted something extra special.

@Stevenski - My husband loved being out in the woods and nature. He had his own log truck and loved what he did and was the happiest person I knew. We do a lot of reforestation in WA and OR he never felt he was doing any damage to the lands. He would show me where they had logged ten years before and the trees were already 20 ft tall. He took pride in his job and took immaculate care of his truck and shop.
I felt that wood was very fitting for him. I will spread ashes in some of his favorite places when I feel stronger. I have a silver thread with his name around the top like a necklace in square wooden letters. I didn’t want a regular urn, I wanted something extra special.
It's beautiful, @CarolKing .

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back