Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds If ever there was a good time to medicate

Basement Farmer

It was when this happened:

20200129_182058.jpg
20200129_182037.jpg

Yah, it smarted a little.

Me in the ER "Is it broken?"

Actually, my ortho and I came to the conclusion that it was a hairline fractured timebomb that I managed to set off. If I hadn't ignored the pain leading up to the clean break and dislocation and seeked an Xray I could of saved myself a lot of suffering.

I was a heavy user at the time. So it begs the question: Is it possible cannabis can give you too much pain tolerance?

God... just looking at that x-ray hurts lol...

Actually, my ortho and I came to the conclusion that it was a hairline fractured timebomb that I managed to set off. If I hadn't ignored the pain leading up to the clean break and dislocation and seeked an Xray I could of saved myself a lot of suffering.

I was a heavy user at the time. So it begs the question: Is it possible cannabis can give you too much pain tolerance?
Well.... I personally don't feel that there is such a thing as 'too much' pain tolerance.... and feel like you may have gone down the rabbit hole that is denial instead lol. How do I know? I've waited too long for every one of my orthopedic surgeries. And have gone through unnecessary suffering because of it every time. It's the 'knowing' of what's to come once they put a label on the issue that's the problem imo.

We know, deep down, that once the problem is diagnosed we have to deal with it lol.

But I do think that cannabis helps with pain tolerance. I'm constantly asked if I have a high tolerance to pain by professionals. While cannabis doesn't take the pain away, it sure helps distract you from it.

When i was recovering from my bike crash a few months back i found that the opioids helped to block the pain but it was still there..
i was pretty messed up....
but cannabis helps you not care about the pain thats left..

Also in hospital i had much morphine in many forms.. i used to get someone to wheel me outside to smoke a little joint, (had no vapes dont judge me), about 10 mins after all my morphine doses, and it took me to another level.. the 2 definitely seem to interact..

smoke a little joint, (had no vapes dont judge me), about 10 mins after all my morphine doses, and it took me to another level.. the 2 definitely seem to interact..
I had the same experience. I was on a steady dose of dilaudid (hydromorphone) for a couple years. I found that toking up helped me to reduce the dilaudid dose. I would not hesitate to recommend cannabis to anyone requiring opioids to manage pain.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back