Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips If You Could Have any Desk Top

Riverrat

Most already have a log vape. With this in mind if you could have " ANY " dry herb desk top which would it be. I've seen some love thrown at the SS (: Damn Hippies:) & the EVO will it seems, always have a loyal following

Another question, am I right to assume that most desktops are equally good with total effects, cloud production, taste & cooling or is their enough difference to make a hard distinction & say this is the accepted standard for hard hitting rip your face off clouds, this piece for taste etc.

Last edited:
am I right to assume that most desktops are equally good with total effects, cloud production, taste & cooling

In my experience this is not the case at all..
In fact im always quite surprised how different results are.. considering we are all heating product, the difference in results depending on how its heated is noticable.. taste and effects..

I love my eq for versatility, and that its basically a plastic log that can be left on indefinitely. I once loaded my eq for a hit, but forgot and went on holibobs for 2 weeks...
Was still fine when got back with bearly any terp loss...
Also how else does anyone dry their glass without a fan vape.???

Not a huge volcano fan..

Wanna try flowerpot at some point..

But evo rules the roost..
Still unbeatable i think...

Buy one... black friday is coming, make it your mission....

Well, its not commercially available but this would be my ideal desktop vape...hard hitting, yeah? hahaha

First, plant this:
royal-slider-3-1024x449.jpg

Then apply the heater like this:
X15-Featured-Image.jpg?fit=1600%2C1200&ssl=1

Then get a really fucking HUGE straw and work it:
237975-500.jpg

LOL

:) If lungs could be sent out for repair after.....

@Kellya86

Never been a fan of the Volcano myself either. Kind of a Herb Hog ?

Flower Pot is neat. Seems best when used with water. A desk top that can be easily shared with others would be neat. With the Flowerpot I would feel most comfortable running it while others( New Vapers) took a draw. Being glass is being used along with open, high heat.

When I think of the Flowerpot I cant help but wonder if some fella named Damien is doing evil things with it in his basement. Sorry :)

Last edited:
Most already have a log vape. With this in mind if you could have " ANY " dry herb desk top which would it be. I've seen some love thrown at the SS (: Damn Hippies:) & the EVO will it seems, always have a loyal following

Another question, am I right to assume that most desktops are equally good with total effects, cloud production, taste & cooling or is their enough difference to make a hard distinction & say this is the accepted standard for hard hitting rip your face off clouds, this piece for taste etc.
At this point I would probably take a free WeedEater but more out of curiosity then actual desire.

am I right to assume that most desktops are equally good with total effects...All my vapes can meet most of my needs and wants to some degree but they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. For example I can get as high with my E-Nano as I can with my Plenty but it takes way longer, on the other hand both vapes can do small loads (.03g t0 .05g) but I need to fiddle with the Plenty. So I guess as a tool to get high good desktops all work but the road to getting there is different.

cloud production.... Going dry with the right glass piece I can Produce massive clouds with two of my desktop vapes (Plenty and LSV) but I am seldom looking for those size hits, on the other hand for large social occasions its really fun to watch people use them.

taste...Its a log for me

cooling...The Plenty is really good at cooling out of the box but most of my other desktops work better with the right piece of glass.

is their enough difference to make a hard distinction....Bottom line its all about an individuals wants and needs so the answer to your question can be almost anything.

..... So I guess as a tool to get high good desktops all work but the road to getting there is different.

....Bottom line its all about an individuals wants and needs so the answer to your question can be almost anything.

Exactly, to get good responses it helps if the question is worded right. I struggle with this at times.

What you make mention of in the quotes is essentially the most important points to a lot of people. Some go about their every day bizz never realizing this

Right now I'm wanting a Terp Torch, but I wouldn't want to give up any of my desktops that I currently love. Love my EQ, my Woodscents, my Ditanium. Still haven't tried my LSV, but expect I'll like it. Until recently, I thought I'd buy a Volcano Hybrid, but I don't like bags and wouldn't use them, and I'm not that excited about it.

I have most of the desktop units on the market, and out of the ones I have, the one I would be saddest without is my Volcano classic. I got it in 2009 and its still my daily driver despite getting hundreds of vapes since then. It has it's downsides, it can be an herb hog until you figure out your preferred packing method(s) and it can be loud with the fan and crinkling bags but its incredibly reliable, it requires the least cleaning/maintenance out of any of my vapes and its potent.

Now out of the vapes I do not have, the Vapbong from Art of Vapor is the most intriguing!

I’m a log kinda gal. There’s a lot of desk styles out there. It seems like you don’t hear much of new ones being made. I hear mostly about new portables on the market. I just have three logs and an EVO. The rest of my units are portables. For a while all I was hearing about was the flowerpot. I don’t like using a torch personally. I’d light my hair on fire.

Some desk styles will use a lot of product, so take that into consideration. If you fork out a lot of money for a unit and it uses more flowers it might cause you a financial strain. I’d rather spend more money on a high quality weed product.:peace::weed:

I know right... that and the tiny might hype were huge...

Can you tell me why you prefer the fp over evo please if possible...???
I would say the main reason I prefer the FP is bigger hits. I'm a heavy user and it hits harder than the Evo.
The Evo is best vape for flavor that I've ever tried. It's worth it for that alone.
So FP for big hits and Evo for flavor. Why not both? :smile:

Anyone ever try that minivap thing.. i know its a portable, but was supposed go perform like a desktop..???
Seen it around fairly priced today...

Also when you buy it, you get option of convection or hybrid core... why it gotta make me have to choose like that, with no information on what to pick...

I’ve been curious about the MiniVap as well. I would like to buy one, they are expensive for a portable. They could be well worth it though. Somebody chime in, if you have one.I haven’t checked the price lately. It’s been around for a long time but it’s been upgraded!

...always wanted to try a Ditanium....

...tho I'm not a fan of whips and afterperusing that AOV site I'd have to say that Donald Denzler gets my vote as most likely to get my money simply because he looks like someone who would make something called a Vapebong.

Last edited:
I certainly don't want to be argumentative (like when am I not! haha) but I do find the EVO to hit just as hard as my FP Shower Head.

They are different, though.

With the FP, I now load very small (well, small for me) .1 g loads and clean it up at 700F on the PID in a great draw and then a clean up draw. With the FP, I find a very slow draw increases heat/extraction as the air transits the heater head slower and hence gets hotter.

The EVO, IMO, hits just as good, I tend to load .15 - .2 g, and I draw hard with the dial about 2:00. The EVO is a bit tidier (easier set up) and doesn't really pose a burn hazard while the FP is like a branding iron.

Love them both.

Also, have a Volcano and an Enano. Not used as much but dearly valued. The Volcano is a bit of a weed hog but run it fairly full and hot and its GREAT bed time meds very quickly delivered. The Enano is probably the most efficient vape I own...perhaps along with vapcap...and I love it for winter days home watching a game and just sipping from time to time.

Right now, I'm really not interested in any more vapes. I just don't see anything out there saying to me "hey, I'm different and better".

The only vape I would like to have that I do not currently is a dab device; the New Vape Tsunami but I'm not getting off of the money for one so that's that.

Cheers

Seems like evo and fp are top of the game still...
Im gonna get a quartz nail to try with evo..

Did anyone ever have a sublimator..
Were they as good as the hype ????

Completely off topic, but when I saw "If You Could Have any Desk Top" I totally thought computers. :lol:
I don't know if I would ever go for a desktop to be honest. Too much of a fan of portable anything. As much as I am a homebody, I like to have things that, if I have to pick up and go, I can and don't have to leave them behind. The first vape I ever saw was a portable and it was huge with a giant bag attached to it. I didn't know what to think. That was over a decade go. :thinker::rofl:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back