Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Infused Nanaimo Bars

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Well... these look a little too good... :drooling:

How to Make Cannabis-Infused Nanaimo Bars

Nanaimo Bars are a famously Canadian confection and while it’s hard to improve upon the iconic dessert, this recipe by Cody Lindsay of The Wellness Soldier takes the cherished treat to the next level.

The addition of home-made cannabutter adds to the trifecta of delightful flavours and textures comprising a coconut crumb base, layered with whipped custard icing and blanketed with rich chocolate.

Just remember that the dosage will depend on the potency of your ingredients as well as the individual serving size, so limiting yourself to a single serving (to start) is advised.

And, if serving at a party, always be sure to label cannabis-infused foods to prevent accidental or unintended consumption, and be sure to store away from underaged eaters.

Cannabis-Infused Nanaimo Bars
Start to finish: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 bars
Ingredients
Base Layer
  • 125 ml cannabutter, unsalted
  • 60 ml sugar
  • 75 ml cocoa powder
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 300 ml graham crumbs
  • 125 ml almonds, finely chopped
  • 250 ml coconut, shredded
Custard Layer
  • 125 ml butter, unsalted
  • 60 ml heavy cream
  • 30 ml vanilla custard powder
  • 2 cups icing sugar
Third Layer
  • 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
  • 30 ml butter, unsalted
NanaimoBars-9-1201x1201-1024x1024.jpg

Photos by Kaleena Lindsay for Leafly

Directions:
Base Layer
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Melt cannabis butter slowly in a double boiler or microwave, set aside
  3. Add all remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl
  4. Pour melted butter on top and mix until well incorporated
  5. Press mixture into an 8″ x 8″ pan
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes
  7. Remove and allow to fully cool
Custard Layer
  1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, cream, custard powder, and icing sugar until well incorporated and airy
  2. Spread evenly over base layer
Third Layer
  1. Melt chocolate and butter over low heat
  2. Allow to cool slightly
  3. Once chocolate has cooled, but still liquid, pour over custard layer
  4. Refrigerate until chocolate has hardened
Note: Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Check out The Wellness Soldier for more recipes and to learn about the science behind cooking with cannabis.

Maybe Monkfruit would work? I use monkfruit or stevia as a sugar alternative for all my baking. I love Monkfruit!

Amazon product

Well I'll tell you what Squiby... you feel free to be our guinea pig on this one. I'm on a diet. And I gained weight just looking at the picture of these. :lol:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back