Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Infused Peppermint Patties

Tincandtoke

Here are the peppermint patties
The infused syrup just mixes right in with the butter and powdered sugar
This is experimenting with the syrup, standard fondant recipe just substituting the infused simple syrup for the corn syrup
I reduced 14 grams of cannabis into 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons (half a 1/3 of a cup) of simple syrup
IMG_20201210_110759.jpg
IMG_20201211_123159.jpg
IMG_20201211_123804.jpg
IMG_20201211_124327.jpg
IMG_20201211_124724.jpg
IMG_20201211_125826.jpg
IMG_20201211_125844.jpg
IMG_20201211_125956.jpg
IMG_20201211_131327.jpg

Cooling down now, roughly 25-35mg a piece best guesstimate
The tincture was water cured cold ethanol extraction run through a buchner with a filter column
I cannot taste any cannabis, as soon as I find some guinea pigs I'll report back
IMG_20201211_140735.jpg
IMG_20201211_141446.jpg

Above, the cooled down candies and the filtered tincture that was used to infuse the simple syrup
Still working on an instructional video (#12), the simple syrup is starting to pull ahead of honey and agave
Not sure there is a lot of interest but I have found the syrup to be quite versatile
Sorry you had to move this MOM, really bad at this posting stuff

Last edited:
You are clearly a master confiseur. :worship:

Have you ever used invertase in your fondant for a gooey filling? There's nothing more fun than making infused candy, but end up eating too much and paranoid about cavities.

Not a master of anything, careful planning and easy recipe
IMG_20201211_171721_burst_01.jpg

Actually came across this when I was working on combining the reduced tincture (oil) and simple syrup (water)
I used it on some hardened syrup, mixed results
Ran into crystallization problems early on

Making fondant looks potentially wasteful. Is there a learning curve? As an alternative to making it with infused syrup, could you knead concentrate (plus lecithin) into uninfused fondant? Saw flavorings and colorings added to candy this way.

Might have to try something more challenging than gummies.

could you knead concentrate (plus lecithin) into uninfused fondant? Saw flavorings and colorings added to candy this way.
I would think you would run into problems with consistent dosing.

I made brownies once and put some kief into the batter. Thought that I blended it really well. There were some brownies that didn't do much... and part of the pan was like LSD. I think mixing any type of concentrate into a liquid (or maybe powder?) first is the ticket.

Even distribution is always a problem when you do not use a mixer
For the fondant you just have to fold and knead it thoroughly, just like coloring and flavor you can get good distribution just have to put in the work
There are many other carriers for the cannabis oil, this is just experimenting with one that has so much versatility
I keep it in the fridge and can make different flavored syrups by adding a fruit puree, chocolate powder or flavor concentrate
I have made ginger syrup, then infused it, add some reduced apple juice and some spices and you have ready made pie filling after adding diced apples
This is still in the experimental phase and I'm working on carbonation so it can go into ready made soda or mix with puree and add club soda or tonic water
Another person was working on this and my hope is that I can pick up their trail, or possibly find him/her

For the fondant you just have to fold and knead it thoroughly, just like coloring and flavor you can get good distribution just have to put in the work
There are many other carriers for the cannabis oil, this is just experimenting with one that has so much versatility...

This is still in the experimental phase and I'm working on carbonation so it can go into ready made soda or mix with puree and add club soda or tonic water
Another person was working on this and my hope is that I can pick up their trail, or possibly find him/her

Gotta love stoner science! :science:

That's what came to mind - confectioners add concentrated colors to handfuls of fondant by kneading, and the end result is homogeneous.

Considered infusing a relatively large volume of simple syrup with second-rate shatter and then using an aliquot for each gummy batch. But the oil-lecithin mixture is already pretty versatile and mixes into the hot sugar easily enough. Still might try it - a few minutes at 230F shouldn't be a problem. Gonna try adding oil-lecithin to a coffee creamer that's just emulsified MCTs. Hoping it will mix perfectly.

Looking forward to a thread on carbonation!

Working on the syrup standing alone in tonic water and club soda with ice, no one would want to do this but it will tell me the syrup is mixing homogeneously
Problem has been with me since I started, just a matter of time
My favorite are the sorbets, easy, taste good and hit quick
IMG_20201122_164153.jpg

IMG_20201102_151108.jpg

Need to find some place to donate my experiments

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back