Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Interesting Videos to Watch whilst Vaked

Yo, @ataxian!

Video is linked in the article title...:

Meet the 13-year-old who conquered Jaws during a record swell

By Mark Carpenter | January 27, 2021 at 2:50 PM HST - Updated January 28 at 1:27 PM

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Haiku native Steve Roberson is just 13.

But after surfing at Jaws earlier this month during a swell that brought 50-foot faces, he has memories to last a lifetime.

“It wasn’t that big in the morning,” said Roberson. “It was probably like 15-to-20 feet and then every set just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger until it was the biggest it’s been in 10 years.”

Since Roberson isn’t fazed by 15- to 20-foot waves, he was waiting for Peahi to deliver something massive. After being in the water for a few hours, he got a lift from one of his mentors, Makua Rothman, who had just caught a record-wave shortly before.

“Makua came and he was like, ‘Come on boy, let’s do this, I’m gonna whip you into a couple bombs. Have a 100% confidence in me and you,’” Roberson said.

“And then, I jumped on the rope with him and he towed me into the biggest waves I’ve ever caught. There’s this anxiety through the roof.

“You’re so nervous, but then you kind of just have to take it all in and enjoy the ride.”

Meanwhile, his dad and pro surfer, Kaleo Roberson, was dealing with his own nerves.

“I was pretty much panicking, couldn’t catch my breath, anxiety ― all of the above,” Roberson said.

“I just look up and here he comes on this monster of a wave. He just aces it all the way and I’m like, ‘that’s my boy!’”

Steve Roberson’s monster rides are only the latest heart-racing ocean adventure for the Roberson ohana. Back in 2014, his dad fought off a 14-foot tiger shark while surfing at Maalaea.

“I proceeded to grab my board and I think I hit it twice, swung my board at it and just screamed cause at that point it was either it’s going to kill me or it’s going to eat my family,” said Kaleo Roberson, in an interview with Hawaii News Now after the encounter in October 2014.

From fear to pure elation, the Robersons have experienced it all in the water.

Steve Roberson already can’t wait for the next giant swell ― and ride into a pro career.

“Just knowing that all these other guys that are the best out there started when they were like 16 and older, so it kind of gives me so much confidence that I started when I was 10,” he said.

Copyright 2021 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Did you see this from last week, too...? Crazy:

Sprint races are OK, nothing beats Dakar!

One of the things I have not crossed from my bucket list is to build an open class trophy truck for the Baja 1000, one day.
I love rally/ enduro racing....always did.
Great movie, recommended

Steve MCQUEEN was in the race back the 60’s and early 70’s?
Dirt bike’s, rock n’ roll and illegal marijuana, surf’n 2 if BLISS is important?
Confused, dazed @ da-time & long hair regardless of gender was OK!\

41:00 things that people have to do to ...lol

I wonder why uploaders make videos that are only available in their country...not wasting my Windscribe on a docco :biggrin:

@Tincandtoke

Here's another one for you I found in that rabbit hole you sent me down...!:

coqZMiM.png

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back