Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Interesting Videos to Watch whilst Vaked

Well . . . lets see what the Russians are up to . . . they have been busy with their new, improved, Proton rocket. This one was erected 48 hours ago . . .

Okay... so I'm looking for some music to listen to this morning and find this little gem..... The woman that comes into the picture,in the 'background' dancing, at the 1 minute mark cracks me up. :lol:

Got jazz hands anyone?

June Miyaki - Lilies of the Valley

Came across this on John Sinclair's website and it brought back a lot of old memories.. It's a 4 part series and full of old Detroit rock and roll. You look real close you might find me in one of those concert crowds, lol..cause I was at all of the concerts shown that were held in Detroit.

Motor City's Burning

I'm happy to say that since this documentary was made, Detroit has had an upswing. And music is still alive and well in the Motor City.

Last edited:
Miller: A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?
Miller: I'll give you another instance: you know how everybody's into weirdness right now?...

So I posted this vid in The Beats, but wound up watching it 20+ times, and giggling like an id10t. Fortunately only the dog was here to give funny looks... Whoever did the editing and inserting of people into The Andy Griffith Show deserves a big hit of'n someone's vape, but I suspect they don't need any more...

Okay... so I'm looking for some music to listen to this morning and find this little gem..... The woman that comes into the picture,in the 'background' dancing, at the 1 minute mark cracks me up. :lol:

Got jazz hands anyone?

If you like dance, @momofthegoons , check this one out. Its the only movie that Astaire made with Eleanor Powell....IMO cause she was too good!

Please note that this is a one shot....that is, the camera is turned on and stays on through out the entire act, unlike the completely chopped up, edited, fake crap we see in a lot of movies (e.g. Chicago...great movie, the dance scenes were terribly chopped up to make those two actresses look like real pro dancers). Also, Mr. Astaire's accomplishments in this scene are quite something....but Ms. Powell does it in heel. Yeah?

Now, what I like to watch is concert film from a time of rock and roll that I relate to. One sterling example is The Last Waltz, Scorsese's film about The Band's last concert. Here is The Weight with the Staple Singers. This scene was actually done in a sound stage and not the live concert, I believe.

And Mavis Staple was, IMO, a freaking force of nature. Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like dance, @momofthegoons , check this one out. Its the only movie that Astaire made with Eleanor Powell....IMO cause she was too good!
Amazing how they keep their moves synchronized; isn't it? Reminds me of this one....

Parov Stellar - Booty Swing

What i wouldn't give to dance like that! :razz2:

Now, what I like to watch is concert film from a time of rock and roll that I relate to.
I really wish that more concert footage had been taken in some of the more intimate venues. I went to some amazing concerts 'in the day' that I would love to re-watch.

Another one that comes to mind is Stevie Wonder performing The Secret Life of Plants. Such an amazing concert. But there were tons more.

Amazing how they keep their moves synchronized; isn't it? Reminds me of this one....

What i wouldn't give to dance like that! :razz2:

I really wish that more concert footage had been taken in some of the more intimate venues. I went to some amazing concerts 'in the day' that I would love to re-watch.

Another one that comes to mind is Stevie Wonder performing The Secret Life of Plants. Such an amazing concert. But there were tons more.

Great dance scene.....I believe that was Ginger Rogers with him in that scene. She was great, but not compared (IMO) to Eleanor Powell or Cyd Charisse.

Personally, I think Astaire could have danced any style he wished and certainly the hip-hop gymnastics that pass for dance on pop concert stages these days.

Its 93 degrees in my condo . . . no air till tomorrow . . . . i"m sweaty . . I'm hot . . and I'm rockin' . . .. :aaaaa: may as well turn the volume up!!!! :clap:

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back