Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Ispire DAAB

I had given up on SimpleGreen soaking with the Daab concentrate cups as it just takes too long and so I reverted to torching the quartz instead, not ideal but it seemed like the only real-world way of keeping up...and I have 4x cups for it.
I only run the Daap at 475f and wait the full 3 minutes before re-heating (I only re-heat once) but I keep getting a dark ring at the bottom of the cup where the walls meet the floor that is very stubborn to remove.
After torching a one this way the second cup 'popped' and blew the arse out of the cup,
View attachment 33818
This happened just after starting to torch it where I got the first one red hot with no trouble.
So I am now down to 3x cups, even less to have in the SimpleGreen rotation!
Thank you for the info
I won't be torching my cups in the future

I'm not sure why you are having such issues
I usually sit between 465 - 475 lately, but have gone up to 530 with out burning bits to the sides
I go 600-630 with feco
I also give a quick manual reheat when needed too

I know some rosin can leave more char than others on any rig

With the daab every few or so many dabs I may iso scrape with a dab tool any bits on the sides - I don't get them in the corners so much though , maybe a little
It's more of a stain I scrape off too than charred bits - build up prevention maybe
A quick scrape though on sides/corners and then iso qtip and it's all good - if I feel the need an empty run at 700 - 750 will bring it clean like new

Otherwise it's just the usual wipe outs after a session to keep clean and prevent build up
No simple green soaks, no us cleaner
I've us cleaned the carb cap and I iso shake/rinse the bubbler by hand

This is the the only cup I have been using since opening
The other cups are still in the boxes
If I have company I'll break out the others
For now this one has done me well solo and looks like this after each session

Hope you work out why yours is giving you so much grief mate
Not sure why you get so much charring
The wand gave me a bit more charring and I had to scrape it more often

IMG20220205172212.jpg
IMG20220205172153.jpg

I can see the black line in the corner at the bottom of your cup, turn it upside down and sit it next to a new one and you will see the crud as it will have a dark circular line where the new one will be clear.
I have found a toothpick helps to get right in the crevice but it is still too much work, even with my clean low temp/pressure rosin, I would hate to see what it would end like with my darker rosin.
I might try smaller dabs so I do not need a re-heat and see how that goes as I have been waiting the 3 mins before reheating sometimes twice but never til it runs dry.
Those brown lines halfway up the cup are not too hard to clean (still a pain), just that bottom circle is hampering me.

I can see the black line in the corner at the bottom of your cup, turn it upside down and sit it next to a new one and you will see the crud as it will have a dark circular line where the new one will be clear.
I have found a toothpick helps to get right in the crevice but it is still too much work, even with my clean low temp/pressure rosin, I would hate to see what it would end like with my darker rosin.
I might try smaller dabs so I do not need a re-heat and see how that goes as I have been waiting the 3 mins before reheating sometimes twice but never til it runs dry.
Those brown lines halfway up the cup are not too hard to clean (still a pain), just that bottom circle is hampering me.
Mine is shiny and new looking
Those are reflections in the metal from camera and flash

The ring you see is the bottom of the metal not build up a torch through the bottom or other way and can see it's clear

It still never builds up like you say for me and is not an issue
When I say I scrape every so often it isn't a big deal or what you describe
Ive tried big and small dabs
Feco is one that the halo was used for as it can get difficult to clean on other rigs - no issues with the daab though

Here is pics of the two cups one used one unused

Which one is the new/old
IMG20220205200857.jpg
IMG20220205200919.jpg

@LesPlenty did you use your LG to dab when testing, or did you just run the timer to do those runs?

Because I just had 3 dabs in a row with 3 sets of batteries all at 475 hot start

First dab was LG and second dab was with another set of LG - both were wispy af (although very tasty) and only got properly dabbed by manual reheat which I did a couple of times with no over heating the dab

The last dab was with the ispire batteries and the dab was instantly thicker vapour and almost all finished by the time the timer finished - a tiny manual to polish it off that wasn't necessary

So I definitely have a difference between batteries and the LG do not perform as well at 475 as the ispire - although I think I could learn to happily ride the manual with then as they didn't seem to overheat easily if at all

If your LG one's perform the same dab for dab as the ispire maybe mine are just old and need replacing
Otherwise they may heat the unit in the back to back test more times but not to the same temperature? Would this be that pulse rating thing or are my batteries just on the old side?

maybe mine are just old and need replacing
I would say your LG batteries are getting worn out, does your charger give you any indication like resistance.
I only used the LG for the test, all in auto mode with 3+ minutes between reheats so the unit would do a proper cycle instead of the shortened over temp reheats.
I am thinking the black circle I see when viewed from the bottom may just be reflections of the built-up stuff on the sidewalls of the cup that may be accumulating as I have been known to do a third reheat on a single load just to make sure I was not wasting any material and most times I only get old Casper so I should probably stop doing that. :disgust:
All 3 of my cups are in SimpleGreen soaking so I ended up using my popped cup as it was only the outer that blew, works fine but is a bit wobbly... like its owner. :rofl:

I would say your LG batteries are getting worn out, does your charger give you any indication like resistance.
I only used the LG for the test, all in auto mode with 3+ minutes between reheats so the unit would do a proper cycle instead of the shortened over temp reheats.
I am thinking the black circle I see when viewed from the bottom may just be reflections of the built-up stuff on the sidewalls of the cup that may be accumulating as I have been known to do a third reheat on a single load just to make sure I was not wasting any material and most times I only get old Casper so I should probably stop doing that. :disgust:
All 3 of my cups are in SimpleGreen soaking so I ended up using my popped cup as it was only the outer that blew, works fine but is a bit wobbly... like its owner. :rofl:
Try back to back dabs with LG and Ispire batteries for me - one dab with LG on auto - then one dab on auto with ispire batteries with the 3 minutes wait

My nitecore charger says they ate all good and they function in all other vapes as needed

I don't think my batteries are dying and too old
I think the ispire discharge at a higher rate or pulse

Unless you do a back to back and see no difference in performance
If you see no difference my batteries may be old
Or there is a difference and the ispire batteries work better - I remember reading about the Carta batteries having a higher pulse rate too - as they are a different size though there was no way to test this theory

Let us know your results if you get the chance to test under driving conditions

My nitecore charger says they ate all good
They may be 'good' but what is the internal resistance as that is the true indicator of battery health, especially if you know where you started. It would be nice to know what the batteries actually are under the rewrap.
I am now down to 2 inner cups, one just came apart with out breaking and shows how they are assembled, looks like this example was only sealed for half the perimeter,
1644123188691.jpg

I would say water can get past the seal as I believe I saw condensation in the other that the bottom blew out of...no wonder I could see crud at the bottom of it when it looked clean inside.
I will do the battery check later @felvapes but I am sure the performance was the same after doing so many Daabs in a row without any other device in play.

Last edited:
They may be 'good' but what is the internal resistance as that is the true indicator of battery health, especially if you know where you started. It would be nice to know what the batteries actually are under the rewrap.
I am now down to 2 inner cups, one just came apart with out breaking and shows how they are assembled, looks like this example was only sealed for half the perimeter,
View attachment 33841
I would say water can get past the seal as I believe I saw condensation in the other that the bottom blew out of...no wonder I could see crud at the bottom of it when it looked clean inside.
I will do the battery check later @felvapes but I am sure the performance was the same after doing so many Daabs in a row without any other device in play.
They are the same as yours under the wrap as I used your link to buy them from eBay

They simply don't heat the daab near to proper performance

I have 6 pairs of these and have tried 4 pairs of them now - even a pair that hardly get used so I dunno

Put the torch down mate.... You're blowing and weakening cups by the looks

Put the torch down mate
No torch on that one, just a run at 800 in the unit, once cooled I q-tipped and saw some more gunk so it went in the ultrasonic cleaner (not on the transducer as I have learnt my lesson there) in a plastic test tube of SimpleGreen and it came out like this.
I found no difference in my performance with any battery combo, I even tried my Sony VTC6 and VTC5a(higher drain than LG &VT6) with no difference. Ispire says you can use batteries up to 3500mah so the drain cannot be that high as 3500mah batteries are much lower amp draw capable than the batteries I have tried.

No torch on that one, just a run at 800 in the unit, once cooled I q-tipped and saw some more gunk so it went in the ultrasonic cleaner (not on the transducer as I have learnt my lesson there) in a plastic test tube of SimpleGreen and it came out like this.
I found no difference in my performance with any battery combo, I even tried my Sony VTC6 and VTC5a(higher drain than LG &VT6) with no difference. Ispire says you can use batteries up to 3500mah so the drain cannot be that high as 3500mah batteries are much lower amp draw capable than the batteries I have tried.
I'll get some other batteries and see
It is possible these are older now
They work perfectly with every other vape though and it is a noticeable difference in performance

You may have already weakened the cup from prior torching

I still don't know why you are getting this issue
I only had these issues (prior to the daab) with some rosin that left dirty char shit on any surface - actually found the quartz dish on the dnail better than halo for one lot - I assumed that was dirty unflushed plants off the black market

Was only rare and with one kind of strain - was good weed but dirty rosin

So far had absolutely no problems with the daab like you describe at all
And when I do get char a flat/pointy dab tool will scrape clean quicker and easier than the us cleaner and then a quick qtip

IMG20220206181352.jpg
IMG20220206181346.jpg

I will confess the LG batteries I tried in the DAAB have had very little use (I found my older LGs when looking for the VTc5a's), I have just left the Ispire batteries in it for home use.
I sent some pics to Sourcemore to see what they say about my glass problems.

...as an owner I would advise against getting this...
What is your main dislike?
Mine is maintenance, quartz is just a pain compared to SiC.

For me it is not too bad to keep clean
I had sic in the Carta and the pita of cleaning the airpath was enough to counter the sic (which still could char)
Halo sic is easiest to maintain, but without the self clean it too can char and be a bitch to clean depending on the rosin or feco used, some strains char no matter what

I have no problem with cups like you do @LesPlenty and any extra wiping I do have to do compared to sic is countered by the rest of the unit not needing cleaning like the Carta and others with those airpaths - although it's cups could get scorched too and was harder to access and clean between dabs than the daab

I love it with DV as with the wand
For a portable or cordless I like it

I don't have a dablamp to compare it to but most others I've tried besides the halo sic it holds its place

If the the halo didn't have the big hot coil and cord on it all the time it is the winner of dab rigs

But cordless for what I've tried this is the goods
Everything has pros and cons and not everyone enjoys the same rigs, for me, this is a nice rig

If someone made a sic cup that worked for this - that would be something of interest to me

Halo sic is easiest to maintain
The Dablamp SiC and Puffco polished SiC is a lot slicker than the DNail and wipes clean a lot easier so I rarely have to torch...but I can if I want with no worries.
that would be something of interest to me
I would also jump on that. I am looking at trying a speedy-sleeve or similar on one of my 2x Dablamp SiC cups (needs to be thinner than the Dablamp Ti holder).
I will also add I am not getting the black circle on my 2 last functioning Ispire cups, I think the 2 that failed had water/SG ingress the inner part when I ultrasonic cleaned them and this caused a steam blowout when cleaning temp heated and also caused the perceived black ring that would not budge.
I still enjoy the Daab and will use it often, it just will not get used as much as other devices I have from my testing so far.

...worst $300 spent so far this year...

...leaving the other issues emerging aside mine clogs incessantly...

...support seems to consist of asking for pictures already sent and being told I am probably doing it wrong, or my concentrate isn't right...

...I will never put another bit of concentrate in mine and would sell it to the first person who has $200 and wants a headache...

...worst $300 spent so far this year...

...leaving the other issues emerging aside mine clogs incessantly...

...support seems to consist of asking for pictures already sent and being told I am probably doing it wrong, or my concentrate isn't right...

...I will never put another bit of concentrate in mine and would sell it to the first person who has $200 and wants a headache...
The clogging - is you doing it wrong

Doesn't matter if you purposefully put grams of the stuff through in half an hour or it takes a week to put that much through
If you don't clean the bloody thing it will clog - this is true of all vapes - it's the one bad thing about vaping vs smoking is the cleaning
If you don't want to clean - go back to smoking bongs

You are a troll and self described
You love something, you hate something lol

I now have two inboxes I've left unanswered from you claiming your troll behaviour
You never answer or respond to people's advice or questions - just steer to another place - here you won't list issues and details as per usual
All good, I don't really need to hear your trolling anyway

It was a vapbong a while ago for you lol

At least @LesPlenty gives his reasons for not loving it and still gives the unit the props it deserves in the same breathe
Honest and pragmatic

We don't all have to agree and like the same stuff
But just saying everything is shit and it's just crap that's why is not much of a description or conversation or input in the forum
You try to hate everything and troll
Enjoy that life I hope it brings you hours of fulfillment

Pity you paid $300 mate
Thought you had the "hook up" "grin"

I know I paid a lot less (less than your $200 offer) and it probably helps me like it

Certainly bashes the Carta especially in maintaining it and I've seen less hate for that unit

This isn't perfect, but works bloody well and easier than others to keep clean and functional
Tastes great too

I'm happy
Others I guess not so much

I've moved on to looking at weed vapes for now - this and my halo has me for now on concentrates
Maybe a better portable pen type rosin vape would get me looking

Last edited:
$200 and wants a headache...
I was going to add that is more than my new unit cost...with all those spares so shop around!
Still, good value at $200 and a great all-in-one unit, great taste, easy to use, cheap spares just a little more work involved with cleaning compared to other units I have and that is the only reason it will not get used as much as some others (30+ dabs a day needs a lot of q-tips and SG soaks when just using the Daab)...but it will get used as I like to change things around as I only have access to one strain of hooch.

The extra cleaning involved is probably (more than likely) my fault more than the quartz, I do like to make sure a bowl is done and have the same problem with normal quartz bangers...nowhere near as bad as @Hapo but a little black here and there.

Ispire are a pain to deal with as Sourcemore and myself have found, pictures and a long story were not enough info, they wanted a video, I uploaded a video to Vimeo and they still wanted the video as an attachment as a link would not do so that is what I eventually worked out to send them (google attachments)

I will go out on a limb andmost of @Hapo troubles are created by the OG carb cap that is way too long and causes much splashing to occur up and over the walls of the banger, especially with larger dabs, I also added that to the problem video for Ispire through Sourcemore.

Last time I had the wand cup break both sourcemore and ispire sent me replacement cups with no issues

I contacted sourcemore recently about the longer carb cap and sent videos
They have been more than helpful and communicative
Waiting to see what ispire say to them

I stopped using a QB even with a coil as I preferred the ease of sic and didn't love the staining of quartz
I really don't have these issues with the daab and don't use too many qtips again especially in comparison to the Carta (the cups were hard to access and spin round if left in and tried to swab, the airpath absolutely sucked to clean)

If I had a dablamp I possibly could see @LesPlenty pov if I found it easier to clean
Otherwise I think this is a beast and easy to maintain without the issues others have
I've learnt the timing and how far I can push this getting the last of my dabs now without charring

Plus the excellent DV IH heater combo

Last edited:
...I used the factory carb cap exactly once...I sent pictures of clog and was asked to send pictures of clog...there is no support...stuck with lemon devise...

...I don't even know if it is correct or not...I ask to return it for inspection and have gotten a run around...

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back