Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Ispire DAAB

The metal piece at the bottom of the bubbler that holds the glass to the magnet on base came off
I had to pry it out of the base and just used superglue to put it back on (no where near heat or airpath)

Before I glued it back on I took pics and contacted sourcemore
They contacted ispire and are now sending a replacement bubbler

They really are good at warranty

I also ordered myself a polished og peak cup from jcvap for the daab
Bloody exchange rates are bad ATM
$49 USD posted equals $74 AUD for one dish!!!!
I look forward to it though, the polished will be a nice upgrade and the extra size will be a near perfect fit for the Daab recalim cup which should make use/cleaning even easier again

Will report back upon arrival

I also ordered myself a polished og peak cup from jcvap for the daab
Hopefully, the OG tapered jobs will fit as the Peak Pro JCVap ICA SiC cups are just a bit too big for the job.

Hopefully, the OG tapered jobs will fit as the Peak Pro JCVap ICA SiC cups are just a bit too big for the job.
I think it's not tapered on this one when I looked at the description
It says something about making the base bigger to suit more coils
I think it said 13.8mm
The Daab reclaim cup is about 14/15mm
So with the metal sleeve it should (hopefully) fit pretty snug

Last edited:
Re the size of the peak og sic bowl from jcvap
I went and checked the description again today after @LesPlenty asked about the size

The 13.8 mm is the inside lip at the bottom where a coil fits
The actual outer diameter is 15.5mm
So it will be a close fit

I cut a qtip stem to 16/16.5mm (at least 16mm)
I can just move the cut qtip up and down in the reclaim cup without friction
So hopefully the peak sic will just fit with the metal sleeve
I may be lucky and have an almost perfect fit

Or I may have to use something else SS underneath the sic to heat it
The cup itself should just fit though by the looks

Here's hoping, will report back whenever it arrives

Just remember if it will not fit one reclaim cup, it might fit your spare. I just tried again to assemble my second Dablamp SiC cup into my tighter Daab reclaim cup and got it stuck with the metal jacket on about halfway in...now I need a really short carb cap :rofl:

Just remember if it will not fit one reclaim cup, it might fit your spare. I just tried again to assemble my second Dablamp SiC cup into my tighter Daab reclaim cup and got it stuck with the metal jacket on about halfway in...now I need a really short carb cap :rofl:
As long as I don't break the reclaim cup I'll only need the one lol
And yea if I can't get it in easily with the sleeve I will work out something ss underneath the sic cup
The peak and the Carta both heat the sic from below so it should still work fine if I have to go this route

My og peak polished sic dish from jcvap arrived today
Super quick post

It is really good quality and the polished floor is brilliant
No taper
I had to clean the top edge and bottom underside quite a lot with iso qtips, it took a few to get all the sic dust off
The sides and inner bottom were pretty clean

It fits absolutely perfectly, like it was factory made
The Carta sic dish with SS sleeve fits inside the peak dish easily for size reference
I cut the sleeve I had for the Carta one down the side and wrapped it around the peak sic
At first I was worried as when I went to slide it in the reclaim cup it only got about half way and then started to get stuck
Remembering @LesPlenty mentioned one got stuck I stopped while I could use tweezers and just managed to extract the dish and sleeve
I fiddled for a while and was disappointed thinking I'd need to use a different method to heat the dish
Then I used a hammer to gently and slowly tap the sleeve on the bent bits from stretching while it was on the dish making it perfectly (ish) round to the walls and no angles sticking out
Then I tried putting the metal sleeve into the reclaim cup first and slowly pushing the sic in evenly around the lip bit by bit after
This actually worked out fine and all fits in perfectly now, it's a very tight fit
There is no movement when cleaning which makes it easier and all is snug

One qtip/2 max and it's clean
Super duper clean, the polish is brilliant
Snug fitting dish makes clean up a breeze even more so than before
I've left the extra piece of metal out for now on the side because of the tight fit - I think that it should be fine as sic is so conductive - this is why they work only being heated from the bottom on coil rigs - if it is an issue down the track I'll try squeezing the extra bit in or a washer underneath

I have only had one dab so far and the 260° I was using with the much smaller Carta fish is not enough
I had to manual mode to get the dab going
Tasted lovely, better than the Carta one, produced top quality vapour and cleaned up easier than even a halo can

I'll have to play with temps and see where it sits
I'm think maybe around 300 might be the spot for the bigger fish without washers underneath
Also might add an extra pearl or a bigger sic pearl too
Will find out

This now absolutely makes the Daab a beast for me
Flavour is as good as anything else, hits like a beast with good clouds, CLEAN UP is sooo easy now - this is good for camping purposes now
Clean airpath
The only downside if you see it that way is the SS sleeve in the airpath
Otherwise it's the cleanest airpath going with a hard hitting unit that cleans easy af and tastes great
The bigger dish over the Carta or the factory cups is a huge benefit too - easier to use, clean, take bigger dabs and to make better use of the carb cap and moving it around

Especially with the price point I'd only be looking at size and pocketability as a need to buy something else for dabbing now - maybe a true portable

Really happy with this as a mod
Ispire really need to look at this as it makes their unit truly formidable with some of the rigs that cost a lot more
I liked the sic mod before but with proper fitting parts it makes it perfect and easier/better to use
If they do something like this from factory they will be onto something for their marketing

Daab + polished og peak sic dish = yes please
IMG20220628151500.jpg
IMG20220628151549.jpg
IMG20220628151706.jpg

I've since had a few dabs through it
I have ended up adding an extra piece of metal (I opened another factory cup) in the space to give surround heating
I used a few temps stepping up each time
The last dab I was up to 510°
This was the best one but still needed a good manual hit to get it going properly so I will try 600 next

If it needs too much temp before I can dial it in fully I will try putting something SS under the cup too and see if this gives the extra heat transfer needed
I may use a washer or I may use the rest of the sleeve that was leftover and cut it up to fit under the dish
Will see how we go after 600+

The dish is brilliant though and on manual I can just keep hitting it and taking draws without any concern of charring at all until it's done
The flavour is top notch
Clean up has been easy every single dab no matter the variable

IMG20220628183654.jpg
IMG20220628183740.jpg

IMG20220628183744.jpg

Nice job!
Did you try fitting your new SiC setup in both DAAB reclaim cups?
I also noticed your metal band fit to SiC could still use some work, I used a large bolt as an anvil to help get a better fit (still not a good enough fit for my second reclaim cup to work)
If you do try washers in the underside I would recommend 4x tiny M4 washers opposed to 1x large job due to battery chewing and it spreads the heat around.
I might have a DAAB day tomorrow although I just cleaned the incycler and Nimbus (nice easier-to-clean polish there now too over the Halo that itself was easy to clean)
I might try the unit with just the washers beneath...dabs might wall climb but fun fiddling.:science:
EDIT...OK, I am a slow typer.

Nice job!
Did you try fitting your new SiC setup in both DAAB reclaim cups?
I also noticed your metal band fit to SiC could still use some work, I used a large bolt as an anvil to help get a better fit (still not a good enough fit for my second reclaim cup to work)
If you do try washers in the underside I would recommend 4x tiny M4 washers opposed to 1x large job due to battery chewing and it spreads the heat around.
I might have a DAAB day tomorrow although I just cleaned the incycler and Nimbus (nice easier-to-clean polish there now too over the Halo that itself was easy to clean)
I might try the unit with just the washers beneath...dabs might wall climb but fun fiddling.:science:
EDIT...OK, I am a slow typer.
The sleeve to wall is almost dead on except for the extra part I added
At first in the first pics I thought that too, but it is the reflection in the glass not the actual sic to ss contact
The second pics show a bit better

I'll see how I go with extra temp, and maybe try the extra SS sleeve I have under if I need it

Yea this is better to clean than the halo now (except for the 999 clean) - the nimbus polish and deep dish I would think is going to be an improvement also

EDIT
I didn't try in both reclaim cups, the other is still wrapped in the box .... I should check at some point, maybe if I pull the sic out to put something underneath
Otherwise it will stay together as one unit all the time

Alsofor your second tight fitting one
Try the method of putting the sleeve in first
Mine was going to get stuck like yours if I kept going
Once I slid the sleeve in first it was easier to slide the sic in second

Last edited:
the other is still wrapped in the box
Is the reclaim cup you still have in the box the OG or the replacement?
I tried your way to fit my spare but I could not even get the small part of the DAAB metal liner to slip in(got stuck about 0.5mm past the top of the SiC)

Is the reclaim cup you still have in the box the OG or the replacement?
I tried your way to fit my spare but I could not even get the small part of the DAAB metal liner to slip in(got stuck about 0.5mm past the top of the SiC)
I slipped the SS sleeve in the cup first
The sic then gets slipped into the sleeve/cup
Not the sic and then the sleeve

The reclaim I used is the only one I've ever used
The spare that came with it is still in the box
I've never got a replacement reclaim cup

I've never got a replacement reclaim cup
Sorry to confuse things, I meant the spare, I call that reclaim cup came one in the case the OG.
I slipped the SS sleeve in the cup first
The sic then gets slipped into the sleeve/cup
Not the sic and then the sleeve
I tried both ways...again, sorry to confuse all, I should have said I even finally tried with just a small section of the DAAB liner both ways without success.
JCVap says their latest OG Peak polished version is 13.8mm, must be ID as my Dablamp is 14.05mm ID and 15.85 OD...you got any calipers @felvapes as I believe the Peak insert might be a bee's dick smaller OD.

Sorry to confuse things, I meant the spare, I call that reclaim cup came one in the case the OG.

I tried both ways...again, sorry to confuse all, I should have said I even finally tried with just a small section of the DAAB liner both ways without success.
JCVap says their latest OG Peak polished version is 13.8mm, must be ID as my Dablamp is 14.05mm ID and 15.85 OD...you got any calipers @felvapes as I believe the Peak insert might be a bee's dick smaller OD.
Yea the post I made the other day I mentioned the sizes
I checked after our yarn here

The 13.8 mm is the gap at the bottom between the lip - where a coil would usually seat - they only mention this measurement as they have widened it to fit larger coils, this is why this version has no taper
The height and OD are 15.5mm on the jcvap site
It took me a few readings to get the proper specs

I had cut a qtip to approx 16/16.5mm and it just was able to slide up and down in the reclaim cup before delivery - that extra half a mm was just enough to get the SS sleeve in with the cup

I haven't measured mine as I need new verniers but from the fitting I'd say it is on point to the website at 15.5mm OD - eyeing by placing on a rule/tape it looks to be on point

Last edited:
@LesPlenty can you do me a favour and see if the washers you have will set the IH on their own ?

Very little I have will set the IH that is SS - liquid pads, dosing caps and bits from various vapes

I'm wondering if your washers are working with the IH or not - if they are the extra mass may be needed for it to register
Even the metal sleeve in bits on the bottom won't work - they only work when spread around the edge in the ring

I'm wondering if your washers are working with the IH or not
One washer would not register(316s/s), 2x M8 washers work fine(as in they activate the IH, not tried a dab off it). :thumbsup:

Did you see my edit, they activate the IH but I have not had a dab off the setup.

Did you see my edit, they activate the IH but I have not had a dab off the setup.
I missed the edit, I more wanted to know if it would set the IH off
I want to try surround heating

Without it I have to use on 800 and then hit manual straight away and hold until dab finished
Works perfectly like this and leaves nothing behind, but I think bottom heating will bring my temps down

I checked my other reclaim cup too
I can just get my dish and sleeve in there
I do think it may be a bees dick smaller though and the extra .35mm on your dablamp cup may be the difference

Who has not got one of these yet? Running out of excuses at this price @VGOODIEZ...US$175!
1657421245808.png

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back