Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Issue with Concentrate Clogging

harleymhs

Hey Guys, New to forum but not new to Med Vaping... I was using some bulk oils in the past then they switched to a different formula in pre packed syringes. This concentrate are so thick ( like glue) I have to use a warmer to get them flowing and even that doesnt work so I break out the hair dryer and that gets it out of the syringe. Now the issue... Once I put it in the pens after one night of use the next night its clogged up and spewing out oil from the mouth piece and the coil is also clogged... I was using :

MIG VAPOR

Bug RX Oil Vape Pen And I also tried the Elvolve 2 ( Youcan ) Same thing on both units!​

I tried all 3 power settings on the evolve with no difference.

Any help would be so helpful! Thank you in advance!

Hi @harleymhs and welcome to the forum. :smile:

I'm not familiar with the Bug RX but am very familiar with the Yocan Evolve 2. My first thought is that you might be over filling them.

My second thought... is wondering what concentrate you are using that would be so thick and in a syringe. Is this something from a dispensary or a home made syringe?

Hey Guys, New to forum but not new to Med Vaping... I was using some bulk oils in the past then they switched to a different formula in pre packed syringes. This concentrate are so thick ( like glue) I have to use a warmer to get them flowing and even that doesnt work so I break out the hair dryer and that gets it out of the syringe. Now the issue... Once I put it in the pens after one night of use the next night its clogged up and spewing out oil from the mouth piece and the coil is also clogged... I was using :

MIG VAPOR

Bug RX Oil Vape Pen And I also tried the Elvolve 2 ( Youcan ) Same thing on both units!​

I tried all 3 power settings on the evolve with no difference.

Any help would be so helpful! Thank you in advance!
Hello, I've found that most distillate "dart" type syringes that dispos have available (not sure this is the case?) are usually quite viscous and primarily meant for refilling cartridges, such as CCell.... or for adding to edibles (as it's decarbed and can be administered orally w/o heat) or dabbing/smoking as a bowl topper etc. You're def. on the right track with the hair drier tho, well done.... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi @harleymhs and welcome to the forum. :smile:

I'm not familiar with the Bug RX but am very familiar with the Yocan Evolve 2. My first thought is that you might be over filling them.

My second thought... is wondering what concentrate you are using that would be so thick and in a syringe. Is this something from a dispensary or a home made syringe?
Hi, They call it , Concentrate and it does come in a syringe and you must heat up the oil to get it out of the syringe.

Hi, They call it , Concentrate and it does come in a syringe and you must heat up the oil to get it out of the syringe.
Hmmmm... well then I'm inclined to agree with @Bologna and think that this type of concentrate is meant for a different type of vape than the Yocan Evolve2. Looking at the Bug RX, it looks like the type of refillable vape pen that could work. I just wonder if the viscosity of your concentrate is too thick for it. Hard to know...

@harleymhs ...I have sourced something similar. These syringes are typically for refilling for a cartridge you already own(If we are talking about the same thing). I have used a sous vide machine at ~175F.Vackpack it before throwing it in the bath.....1 hr and it should be nice and fluid.
I honestly gave up on those. They were a PITA to manage, also mine did not taste that good. I wish I had better feedback, but I do dislike those syringes myself.
I am also not familiar with the Bug RX. Please educate me, if you fix this issue, please let us know.

I have used to refill something like a standard vape cartridge below .
20210105_141558.jpg

Last edited:
@harleymhs ...I have sourced something similar. These syringes are typically for refilling for a cartridge you already own(If we are talking about the same thing). I have used a sous vide machine at ~175F.Vackpack it before throwing it in the bath.....1 hr and it should be nice and fluid.
I honestly gave up on those. They were a PITA to manage, also mine did not taste that good. I wish I had better feedback, but I do dislike those syringes myself.
I am also not familiar with the Bug RX. Please educate me, if you fix this issue, please let us know.

I have used to refill something like a standard vape cartridge below .
View attachment 23099

Yes we are talking about the correct item, I used several carts like your photo. And still this vape oil clogs every cart I fill . plus the oil comes out of the mouth pieces on most times ... Un vaped oil ( pure sticky glue mess oil ) then clogs! I wont ever by this distiate syringes again! I have 3 left and I figured I would ask all of you what im doing wrong! Thanks for your help guys!

IME, just being in a syringe doesn't necessarily define exactly what it is. Here in Maryland's med program, we have syringes offered for sale.

They tend to fall into one of two categories: 1) RSO which is decarbed, super thick, and intended for various ways of oral consumption and; 2) Super Critical CO2 extraction...this also being what the CO2 extractor processors use to fill their vape cartridges like Rythm does.

The first one is WAY thick and I can't imagine it tasting very good if dabbed or put into a cart. The second one is exactly what they are selling in many carts...just CO2 extraction. They tried selling it in little jars and calling it "terp sauce" and the like...but its too thin for that, hence the syringes.

IME, just being in a syringe doesn't necessarily define exactly what it is. Here in Maryland's med program, we have syringes offered for sale.

They tend to fall into one of two categories: 1) RSO which is decarbed, super thick, and intended for various ways of oral consumption and; 2) Super Critical CO2 extraction...this also being what the CO2 extractor processors use to fill their vape cartridges like Rythm does.

The first one is WAY thick and I can't imagine it tasting very good if dabbed or put into a cart. The second one is exactly what they are selling in many carts...just CO2 extraction. They tried selling it in little jars and calling it "terp sauce" and the like...but its too thin for that, hence the syringes.
@Baron23 -Great stuff...I went back to look for it but the lab no longer makes anything like it anymore. I has been 2 years, I am pretty sure there is better tech now.

Yep, lots of dif stuff comes in syringes.... :thumbsup:

More info about the product would be great, @harleymhs. Is there a chance you could snap a few phone pics for us?

RSO usually is not meant to be smoked or vaped... too much other concentrated plant waste in there. Orally or, ahem, otherwise with suppositories. It can be very thick but there is no rule, and can also be runny.

Glass "darts" like these are very common in the Northeast and are usually very viscous (not always!):
https%3A%2F%2Fleafly-public.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fproducts%2Fphotos%2FU5rvUXqiRii9joxoQIaw_9496087_THC_dart.jpeg

"About this product​

Pure Co2 extracted Distillate Darts, great for refilling empty cartridges. Also could Dab, or into a joint. They are Active so you can also eat it or use it to make edibles."

Last edited:
I use hot water to help dislodge the syringes when too thick. I don’t allow any water with the oil. A warm area by a wood stove works as well - takes longer.:BangHead: The oil in the carts will gets stuck towards the end of the container. I always keep my receipts, if still half full some stores will replace them - if you live in a legal or medical cannabis area.
@Bologna, I live in WA state - that looks like what I’ve bought here. Some actually have a fine tip to load easily into a vaporizer made for that sort of thing.

Last edited:
I've put them in a baggie and submersed that in a mug of hot water... works fine. I preferred the hairdrier or propping them up near a space heater or radiator.

FYI
I did buy some empty cartridges at a cannabis store, was bummed out because i found little shards of glass where its screwed on at the end. They were cheap and I ended up throwing them away. Didn’t want to worry about going back to where I bought them. I’m sure there are plenty of good empty carts out there but inspect them before you use them.:twocents:

YES, actually yesterday I did that, turned it back over when I went to sleep and all the oil was still up on the top at 1:30 am never came back down to the wick! Damm oil ( concentrate ) is SO THICK! Ill never buy these again!

Now maybe try taking the whole unit with the cartridge installed, and prop that upright and hit the whole thing somewhat gently with the hair drier and see if you can see the material start to slowly move down towards the bottom of the tank... I'd touch it every 30 seconds or so to make sure the whole unit doesn't ever become too hot to touch or even grip... may damage the internal electronics.... and then let cool, making sure it stays upright the whole time. When you go to hit it again there may be some residual goop left there from before, but maybe clean that up with toothpick and tissue or just deal with it until hopefully, it goes away and starts hitting properly... good luck!

I’ve noticed that some brands are thicker than others. Some aren’t as flavorful either. In WA state I like the brand Two Heads for cartridges and they have the syringe for dabbing.
I have only been in WA state twice and I found I LOVE Oleum...carts or dabbable stuff.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back