Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Got my replacement chamber yesterday. Since my base was already charged, I was able to use it right away. There was definitely something wrong with the first one... it never started heating. This one was good from the get go.

First impressions: Turned it on, quick heat up time and instant clouds. I was very pleasantly surprised. I was also surprised at the taste for a portable. Much better than the others I've tried. I've only used the quartz insert so far (I also ordered a sic). And have to do more testing of course lol... mostly with temps. But all in all I think this is a winner. Especially if it holds up.... that would be my only concern with all the electronics involved (as with any vape). As mentioned prior, it would be nice if it had a removable battery. But I can live without it and it seems like the charge holds up pretty well. I've tried it with and without water... and I'm not sure which I like best yet. But it works well either way. The carb cap is a bit 'fiddly.' I'd like to see a better design there.... or a different type of set up.

It's not exactly 'stealthy.' But then again... that's an okay trade off, imo, for something that actually works well and tastes decent. And it's smaller than the Peak. And... much less expensive.

So far, this one gets a thumbs up from me. :thumbsup::twocents:
ALN and Ruby are flavour town
But the sic and quartz are also good
I found if you remove the tether the cap stays on and works very well
The tether pushes it up and breaks the seal
I used a bubble cap I had but the gasket and small bubble functions and clouds much better
Puffco have the same kind of system
The temps I still play and change all over
Fun at many temps and all are different yet still enjoyable, even quite high temps never burn and taste good

I use mine dry as it's smooth enough and less to clean or do
But found the bubbler works well with water

You might have a buggy base still going by the post times
So there are 14 temps to avoid as they hunt and dont time out
And it may reset the puffcount and presets occasion
Otherwise it goes hard and keeps on going so far for me

There are 14 temps to avoid?

And that was the other thing that I would like to see changed.... the session timer. It could be a bit longer. No biggie cause you can always restart the heat cycle. But I find it seems to cut off a bit too early.
Yea I mentioned that an adjustable session timer is a good idea along with the battery door suggestions
It's at 60 sec but I often do 2 - 3 of those

Yea - he originally before I messaged him had given 28 beta testers units
None of them did their job and only one gave any feedback at all
I messaged and got those codes and bought mine - I found the bugs in a week and he stopped post immediately and fixed the issues I have mentioned to you
So going forward they don't have those issues
He did try to do testing before sale - but 28 greedy buggars wanted something free and didn't want to do the work

But I think from the timing you have a buggy one like me
I really don't care too much, although the puffcount reset is a little annoying it doesn't affect the function at all
The temps are not too commonly used so we can just avoid them (it does work at those temps but temp jumps and doesn't auto off - makes your session longer then lol)

The temps are listed here for anyone who got an early unit

396 397 398 407 513 514 515 516 558 580 581 582 583 623

I went through every temp when I found one to find all the rest
Celcius doesn't have the bug
Only the above temps have the bug in F

Yea - he originally before I messaged him had given 28 beta testers units
None of them did their job and only one gave any feedback at all
Where the hell did he find 28 of them that were unreliable? Gotta be Reddit or Discord? Sigh... really a shame.

The temps are listed here for anyone who got an early unit

396 397 398 407 513 514 515 516 558 580 581 582 583 623

I went through every temp when I found one to find all the rest
Celcius doesn't have the bug
Only the above temps have the bug in F
How random lol! Well I guess auto off not working isn't the worst of things; as long as you are aware of it. And since it's haptic and gives you that flashing 'countdown' to off... I think you would have to be pretty stoned to not know that it hadn't shut off. :lol:
the puffcount reset is a little annoying
I don't really see the purpose of that at all... unless it's warranty driven?

I don't really see the purpose of that at all... unless it's warranty driven?
I like it as I know when a deep clean or for testing, just put 100 puffs on my AIN and will swap to ruby after 200. I have not removed the atty yet, just q-tips so far.

After playing with the Pockety all weekend I've got a couple thoughts....

One being the manual really needs an overhaul. It is not at all clear and does not explain several things. For one.. it does not tell you what the different color lights mean. And speaking of the lights, I was given a bit of a light show lol. When in concentrate mode there are times it is green. Then there are times it's red. And then yesterday it decided it should be white. All in concentrate mode. All at the same temp of 545℉.

That temp is another odd thing. I didn't set it to that. It has somehow become the default setting for concentrates.

I have not experienced the auto shut off not working. And have already said that I think the session time could be longer. It would be nice to be able to turn session mode off as well. A charge lasts a really long time. I didn't charge it until I got home and it still had a bit of battery life left prior.

But all in all this thing rocks. Really a handy little unit for dabbing. Easy to use; especially if you use a hot knife rather than a regular dab tool. Nice flavor. I got way too high and went through close to 2 grams of concentrates testing it out. :lol: Time to clean the quartz bucket; although it has stayed pretty darn clean for as much product as I put through it. I didn't have a chance to try the SIC yet. That will be the next batch of testing. :science:

After playing with the Pockety all weekend I've got a couple thoughts....

One being the manual really needs an overhaul. It is not at all clear and does not explain several things. For one.. it does not tell you what the different color lights mean. And speaking of the lights, I was given a bit of a light show lol. When in concentrate mode there are times it is green. Then there are times it's red. And then yesterday it decided it should be white. All in concentrate mode. All at the same temp of 545℉.

That temp is another odd thing. I didn't set it to that. It has somehow become the default setting for concentrates.

I have not experienced the auto shut off not working. And have already said that I think the session time could be longer. It would be nice to be able to turn session mode off as well. A charge lasts a really long time. I didn't charge it until I got home and it still had a bit of battery life left prior.

But all in all this thing rocks. Really a handy little unit for dabbing. Easy to use; especially if you use a hot knife rather than a regular dab tool. Nice flavor. I got way too high and went through close to 2 grams of concentrates testing it out. :lol: Time to clean the quartz bucket; although it has stayed pretty darn clean for as much product as I put through it. I didn't have a chance to try the SIC yet. That will be the next batch of testing. :science:
The four different coloured lights are the four preset temperatures
You hold one long press to turn the unit on
One long button press to turn off

Once turned on you set your temp with the arrows - if you press the power button once it will change the colour - you can set a new temp here - press the power button again and set a new temp and so on
Now when you press the power button once to cycle through the 4 colours you are cycling through the 4 preset temperature you have chosen

Two press to start a heat up (or stop one)

You will only come across the session timer not turning off auto if you use one of the 14 temps I listed before
It is perfectly fine in all other temperatures

The session timer runs out at 60 seconds - you can either just hit the power button twice to kick off another session when it ends - or hit the up temp once before a session ends and it will start a new 60 seconds
The session auto off is a safety feature to prevent someone leaving it on
I do think a user extendable timer will be a great addition to the next version though as depending on the temp I can go from 60 - 180 seconds

Last edited:
The different light preset temps feature was added after the Instruction Book. I did not know this and found them naturally as it was just a simple copy of another device's UI.
I will swap to Ruby soon, not sure of puffs anymore as mine reset at about 150-/+ and only reads as 15 again.

The four different coloured lights are the four preset temperatures
There's four lol? I only experienced three...

And I assumed as much since I'm not exactly a noob with these kinds of devices. As I said... I had not changed the setting. Yesterday, I had my initial session that I set to 520℉. Turned the unit off. Went to do another session... started the vape.. pushed twice to start the heat cycle.... and it automatically changed the temp to 545℉. And the light was green. Had my session. It powered off.... I had another session and the unit went again to 545 but this time the light was red. On the 3rd go I followed all the same steps and the light was white. So beats the hell out of me.

The different light preset temps feature was added after the Instruction Book.
Okay... that makes sense. The book only shows 3 preset temps and has no info about the lights at all.

There's four lol? I only experienced three...

And I assumed as much since I'm not exactly a noob with these kinds of devices. As I said... I had not changed the setting. Yesterday, I had my initial session that I set to 520℉. Turned the unit off. Went to do another session... started the vape.. pushed twice to start the heat cycle.... and it automatically changed the temp to 545℉. And the light was green. Had my session. It powered off.... I had another session and the unit went again to 545 but this time the light was red. On the 3rd go I followed all the same steps and the light was white. So beats the hell out of me.

Okay... that makes sense. The book only shows 3 preset temps and has no info about the lights at all.
Try turning it on
Then pressing the button once and cycle through the colours
There should be red, green, white, blue (or purplish)

If you turn it on, and then while you load the dab it turns the screen off and sleeps - and then if you press the power button once to turn it on instead of pressing twice to start the sesh you can change the colour/temp preset - this describes what you are saying possibly

Try turning it on
Then pressing the button once and cycle through the colours
There should be red, green, white, blue (or purplish)

If you turn it on, and then while you load the dab it turns the screen off and sleeps - and then if you press the power button once to turn it on instead of pressing twice to start the sesh you can change the colour/temp preset - this describes what you are saying possibly
I'll try all of this later when I have a chance. Lol... it was a weird thing. And what was even weirder is that I had some colored light issues with my spa when I got home as well lol.... It was light show weekend.

I'll try all of this later when I have a chance. Lol... it was a weird thing. And what was even weirder is that I had some colored light issues with my spa when I got home as well lol.... It was light show weekend.
It's how the unit works
I am sure of it
I've just done it here to see

You will have been turning it on and while you load your dab the screen goes to sleep
You are pressing the power button once to wake the unit and this is changing the preset temp to the next colour

If you press the power button again it will change colour again and be a different temp for you to set

So either pick your colour first if you wake it via the power button (by pressing the button once and cycling) before pressing twice to start the sesh
Or just press the button twice from the sleeping screen to start your sesh if you are already on the colour you want instead of waking with the power button

Or wake it by pressing an arrow instead

Last edited:
It's how the unit works
I am sure of it
I've just done it here to see

You will have been turning it on and while you load your dab the screen goes to sleep
You are pressing the power button once to wake the unit and this is changing the preset temp to the next colour

If you press the power button again it will change colour again and be a different temp for you to set
I can certainly see where you might think this is what happened. And I have been able to replicate what you wrote above and the colors did change the temps to the presets.

However..... you must have missed the part where I said that, when I had that happen over the weekend, with all of the colors the temp was at 545℉? That is why I thought that my assumption that the different colors were preset temps was incorrect. And that they meant something else. That combined with the fact that the 3 temps listed in the manual didn't include 545. Knowing that preset temps were added later explained that part though. And 545 is one of them. But, again, it does not explain why the temp didn't change with the colors.

I can certainly see where you might think this is what happened. And I have been able to replicate what you wrote above and the colors did change the temps to the presets.

However..... you must have missed the part where I said that, when I had that happen over the weekend, with all of the colors the temp was at 545℉? That is why I thought that my assumption that the different colors were preset temps was incorrect. And that they meant something else. That combined with the fact that the 3 temps listed in the manual didn't include 545. Knowing that preset temps were added later explained that part though. And 545 is one of them. But, again, it does not explain why the temp didn't change with the colors.
The 4 colours are there so  you can set the 4 preset temps that  you prefer
545 has nothing to do with it - that's just where the unit happened to be set when you got it

If you change the temp in each colour - to a temp that you use - it will stay in that temp on that colour whenever you cycle through

So all 4 colours were set to 545 for you
Change them to temps you like

The manual doesn't mention the presets at all - as @LesPlenty mentioned they were printed before the presets were added (the only thing one beta tester suggested as opposed to finding the bugs)
What you are describing is not a bug
It is how the unit works - you need to set your preferred preset temps for each colour

You were changing the colour/temp setting by waking the unit with the power button from sleep, so it went to the next one which happened to be on 545 also because you hadn't set it to your own temp yet on that colour
If you cycled all the way round they would have been in the temps you had left them on each time it happened
If you just double tap to start the sesh it won't change the preset/colour you are in

If you want to see a random light show that is a real bug that you can't address - ask Les about his puffco peak pro....

Last edited:
The 4 colours are there so  you can set the 4 preset temps that  you prefer
Good to know.

If you change the temp in each colour - to a temp that you use - it will stay in that temp on that colour whenever you cycle through

So all 4 colours were set to 545 for you
Well... if all 4 colors were set to 545.... wouldn't that have been the case when I cycled through them to see the colors as I said above? Each of the colors were set to a different temp. And I was not the one to do that. The only temp I have manually set is 520 and that was my first usage. And I have not been randomly clicking once. And none of the preset temps are at 520.

You were changing the colour/temp setting by waking the unit with the power button from sleep, so it went to the next one which happened to be on 545 also because you hadn't set it to your own temp yet on that colour
If you cycled all the way round they would have been in the temps you had left them on each time it happened
If you just double tap to start the sesh it won't change the preset/colour you are in
Well... I'm sorry to say your assumption on how I was using it is wrong. I do not let it go to sleep before use. In fact.... I preload before turning the unit on. So after turning it on, I immediately double click to start the heat up. Now.... there may have been a time at the very start that I may have clicked the button once. And that may have set a preset temp.... but I have never gone up to 545. Again... that may have been a factory preset. But the time the lights changed each session... I was preloading, turning the unit on and then double clicking for heat up. No single click. And, again, the test that I did after you posted that there were preset temps... showed different temps at each setting. And since I rarely do two sessions in a row, I also turn the unit off after each session. So the button was not randomly clicked in between sessions.

I have not had the 'color episode' again. The unit is working as it's supposed to now. I have no idea why it happened.... or what made it happen. I was using it the same way I am using it now and as described above.

All of this said... I really like the vape. And would recommend it to anyone looking for a small, portable dab vape.

Good to know.

Well... if all 4 colors were set to 545.... wouldn't that have been the case when I cycled through them to see the colors as I said above? Each of the colors were set to a different temp. And I was not the one to do that. The only temp I have manually set is 520 and that was my first usage. And I have not been randomly clicking once. And none of the preset temps are at 520.

Well... I'm sorry to say your assumption on how I was using it is wrong. I do not let it go to sleep before use. In fact.... I preload before turning the unit on. So after turning it on, I immediately double click to start the heat up. Now.... there may have been a time at the very start that I may have clicked the button once. And that may have set a preset temp.... but I have never gone up to 545. Again... that may have been a factory preset. But the time the lights changed each session... I was preloading, turning the unit on and then double clicking for heat up. No single click. And, again, the test that I did after you posted that there were preset temps... showed different temps at each setting. And since I rarely do two sessions in a row, I also turn the unit off after each session. So the button was not randomly clicked in between sessions.

I have not had the 'color episode' again. The unit is working as it's supposed to now. I have no idea why it happened.... or what made it happen. I was using it the same way I am using it now and as described above.

All of this said... I really like the vape. And would recommend it to anyone looking for a small, portable dab vape.
The reason I said they were all set to 545 is because that's what you said - it changed the colour and was set to 545 each time and you hadn't cycled or wasn't aware why it changed colour...

Well, if it isn't happening now then that's what matters hey ......

Of the many units out there the few bugs have been very consistent so far and that has not been one, so who knows
But most people were able to work out the colours and temps as it's a common style setup

If that happens to you again in some random way, the best thing is to contact him and show him on IG video and I'm sure he will fix you up

Haha no chance.. this thread has fully put me off it...
Maybe in 6 months to a year.. see how they deal with the test of time....

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back