Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I submerged the whole atty in 100% iso in an ultrasonic bath, did not kill it, cleans up well.
I have the AIN cup in SimpleGrenn soaking...somewhere, just found it, thanks for the reminder @momofthegoons
It still looks like a pirates tooth so I will keep soaking it as I am in no hurry as I am enjoying the ruby. The AIN may end up needing a torch clean whereas the ruby may never need more than a q-tip, so far!
View attachment 43027
I gave up trying to get the ALN perfectly light beige again (I have the 12th man in my head now)
It's clean, just a bit of colour, the inner bottom is perfect though for some reason
Yea my ruby is my winner for a while now, I went between for a while and ruby seems to be the winner for me
And very easy clean, when I did stain it the SS brush and iso cleaned it up no worries

I think the ALN is too soft for the SS brush maybe though

I may as well try, I doubt it will get used again...maybe while soaking a ruby if I max temp 3 or 4 times after no vapor just trying to char it?
I got a few ICA Puffco spares too that will only collect dust. Might wait until tomorrow when I can at least focus my eyesight up to 360p!

I may as well try, I doubt it will get used again...maybe while soaking a ruby if I max temp 3 or 4 times after no vapor just trying to char it?
I got a few ICA Puffco spares too that will only collect dust. Might wait until tomorrow when I can at least focus my eyesight up to 360p!
My eyesight is definitely not in HD currently
Barely SD atm

The heater can get some stains no worries but build up or reclaim needs cleaning
I submerge the entire lower half of the chamber with the heater in place
You can put it in a ziplock bag with iso and shake too for cleaning
Then water rinse
I submerged the whole atty in 100% iso in an ultrasonic bath, did not kill it, cleans up well.
Thanks.... I wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing it up lol.

Do you use the wire brush on the heater for the stains if they are reclaim? Or just q-tips and ISO?

Do you use the wire brush on the heater for the stains if they are reclaim? Or just q-tips and ISO?
I only use the wire brush for cleaning mesh screens, not on the Pockety at all!
Just iso and q-tips for me so far.
The stains on the heater don't seem to off-gas as it is well cooked onto the hottest part of the Atty. I would leave it if it is only a stain, if it is built up to where you could feel it then I might use the brush as the cup needs good contact to transfer the heat properly.
I may end up cleaning the whole Atty in 100% iso without any disassembly the same as a Puffco (OG Puffco Peak Pro Atty cannot be dismantled at all) after every 100 puffs as I think the ruby will stay there long term.
I will buy the new Pockety when it comes out for a full spare Atty for quick swapping instead of dismantling to swap cups.

Thanks.... I wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing it up lol.

No I just use qtips and iso on the heater to wipe up any physical reclaim
A burn off maybe after at full temp
The stains are okay

The SS brush I would not use on the ceramic heater or the ALN as they may be soft and scratch
It is a brilliant tool for all the other inserts though if ever needed

So, I usually dislike whips a lot
I usually use the pockety dry with a short MP as in my last video
I decided to give the whip a go and use my recycler
Damn I'm impressed
It's more like a normal dab experience with a slurper/banger
Done in one or two draws in a big tasty thick cloud that hits because it's all in one go
Very smooth and the dab is done in less than 60 seconds!

Love the versatility of the whip adaptor

Well the inner glass dome broke while I was rinsing. So cheap I won't be buying any glass from him.
I'm just going to rig something up and use as back up.
I think this thing lacks quality. Jmo
Never dropped or bumped over just broke from water. Sad....
That sucks mate sorry to hear
I still rate the unit as quality and a strong performer
It has pretty much replaced my other dab set ups atm
I stopped using the stock bubbler ages ago though

You can use an 18/14 m/f adaptor in the hole upside down as an adaptor

Or the whip adaptor from jcvap is killer

I'd contact him though if you weren't blasting boiling water through it and ask for a replacement (or a whip adaptor if that suits you better for versatility)
Just be aware China is on holiday for a couple weeks so a reply may take a minute
Hopefully he should fix you up

This is my setup for a small footprint
Or I use the whip and a proper bubbler
IMG20230117024534.jpg

Never dropped or bumped over just broke from water
That is bad luck, I am useless and have knocked mine over many times while on and off the unit and I have been lucky as it is fine.
I'd contact him though if you weren't blasting boiling water through it
I only blast hot water thru mine, hotter than I can touch with as much pressure as I can put thru it while holding the hot water hose on the top of the bong...I should probably get a spare as they are only cheap...only dollar-wise in my case.
I believe the Pockety is great (in my case outstanding @120US$) value for money and would recommend it to anyone if they asked me if it was any good.

Soaked in SimpleGreen for weeks has not cleaned my AIN cup of some stubborn stains, it is supposed to be closer to white than cream,
1674034541599.jpg

So I gave in to the blow torch, full blast with the gun but I danced the insert in and out of the flame at a long distance from the blue tip (that is the hottest point of the flame). I never got it glowing hot like I would SiC,
1674034541592.jpg

I can still see a few shadows but it is close enough for me,
1674034541585.jpg

So it seems safe to torch, just be careful and do not over do it...or overdo it cherry red and let me know how it goes. :rofl:
I will be leaving the ruby in for a while, I might snag a Fab glass next sales and a Ti complete atty and swap the Ti for my ruby and keep the Ti cup as a spare for the zombie Apocolypse plus I never knock something (Ti cup) until I try it.

I have found that using some CBD crumbles from merica land and finer oils that the heater can become a lot messier quicker
With my lavender rosin and feco etc before I could go 100-200 between cleaning the chamber

With the crumbles and thin oils the heater itself has gotten some reclaim between the insert and heater
I now check this and clean it every 20-40 dabs
The insert can get semi stuck in the heater via "suction" from the reclaim
After being warmed the insert spins in the heater but was sucked in there, I slowly twisted the insert and gently pulled outwards (while holding the heater in place with the other hand)
This will let it free at some point and come out

Then it's just iso qtip clean the heater and dish
The heater came up pretty clean with some stains on the sides
The bottom stayed white after cleaning

The chamber soak/us clean and deep clean can probably still be done around every 50/100 or so dabs, but check or do at the same time to be sure
I am now checking and cleaning (and recommend others do) the heater and insert every 20-40 dabs

This is something that will vary per person and their material used
But checking this often at first will give you an indication how often you would need to with your use and trates used

With my rosin and feco even after 100-200 dabs when doing a deep clean the insert still just slid out if heated
These thin ones can create the reclaim and suction

Also pics of my Ktype thermometer checking accuracy at a working temp
That's about 466f
If I set it any higher it gets hard to hold the sensor in place without burning my fingers lol

IMG20230125000247.jpg
IMG20230124233528.jpg
IMG20230124233535.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back