Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I have been playing with lots of different options that are now available to me thanks to the whip attachment, yet to use the whip!
1677214862050.jpg

So there's been a couple people inbox me around the traps asking what glass MP I am using in these videos
So I thought I'd share the links here too for anyone interested
Plenty of options out there though like Les showed above

I'm just using the jcvap whip adaptor -
and then a 14/14 m/m gog with an old longmada crystal MP I had and some orings to make it seat
I am using this gog now as it is nicer and the ring in the middle seems to help with smoothing the hit
Good for travel too, if you take stronger draws the extra airflow helps cool the hit and you can get bigger hits without it being harsh and cougherous, but the thermocouple temp sensor keeps the pockety dish at the correct temp to keep vaporising your dab at the same time

AU $12.22 | Glass adapter 45degree,Distilling Head Standard Ground Mouth.Used for distillation unit

Orings are 18mm OD and 4mm CS

AU $0.89 35%OFF | 10pcs Thickness 2/2.4/3/4mm White Rubber Seal Ring OD 5-80mm Heat-Resistant Food Grade Silicone O-Ring

And this is similar to the MP
There's two styles there
The normal option is probably best

AU $12.70 30%OFF | Longmada Crystal Glass 18MM Mouthpiece Filter Replacement for 510 Rig G9 Clean Pen
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mP7C6Sq

Well.... it was inevitable. I broke the glass to my Pockety. Which bums me out because I was planning on it being my dab unit on an upcoming trip. Hopefully I can get what I need to make it operational before I leave.

I don't know that I am keen on replacing the glass bubbler. I don't really use it as a bubbler; more as a mouthpiece. But I do like using glass as a mouthpiece. Nice mouth feel and good vapor.

Now to look back through this thread and figure out wtf I need to buy lol.

Well.... it was inevitable. I broke the glass to my Pockety. Which bums me out because I was planning on it being my dab unit on an upcoming trip. Hopefully I can get what I need to make it operational before I leave.

I don't know that I am keen on replacing the glass bubbler. I don't really use it as a bubbler; more as a mouthpiece. But I do like using glass as a mouthpiece. Nice mouth feel and good vapor.

Now to look back through this thread and figure out wtf I need to buy lol.
If buying from jcvap get the whip adaptor
It turns it into a 14mm female joint you can put whatever you want in there

For the immediate while waiting for delivery of whatever you buy you can slide a 18/14 m/f adaptor in
It will friction fit in the top lip of the base and then you have a male 18mm joint to put things on

I've got it in my cart. Just deciding if I 'need' anything else. :lol: Does the ruby insert really make all that much of a difference? It's so expensive for what it is.
I think the ruby is a pretty decent upgrade ime
I'm pretty stoned ATM so inarticulate at best, but I think it's an improved experience in most areas
I haven't got the straight fab glass but people like it
That 15% code works on the whole cart I think people said
Only other things would be if you wanted a spare heater for the future to save post cost
I haven't killed a heater yet, just keep that regular maintenance
I now recommend checking the dish isn't suctioned in with oil evry 20-40 dabs
You will work out how your material acts and how often it needs it

EDIT
Unless you want an adaptor cord for coils/pids in the future and want to save post lol

I haven't got the straight fab glass but people like it
I was looking at that as well. Since I'm there lol.... I was also eyeing a replacement heater. The last thing I want is to have a non functioning unit when I'm gone. I'll be gone a week and need something for dabbing.

hat 15% code works on the whole cart I think people said
If not buying the Pockety itself, you have to spend $80 to get the discount. Hence my looking around more and more LOL. What's that old saying... you have to spend money to save money? :lol:

Well... I ended up buying the whip adaptor and a spare heating chamber. And in spite of not planning on buying replacement glass, I ended up with the straight fab. I figured why not? I might miss having the glass and I figured I'd appreciate having that more than the ruby insert.

Well... I ended up buying the whip adaptor and a spare heating chamber. And in spite of not planning on buying replacement glass, I ended up with the straight fab. I figured why not? I might miss having the glass and I figured I'd appreciate having that more than the ruby insert.
Sounds like a haul
Keen to see what you think of the bubbler, I like the look of it but never bought one yet as I use the whip adaptor and all the options the most
I still say the ruby is a huge upgrade over the sic, I have all the inserts except Ti and I only use the ruby

I received my order for the whip adapter and have to say that this thing is a game changer. Love the versatility it gives you. My only complaint is that the black tubing provided is really heavy duty so it sort of has a 'mind of it's own' and it makes it unwieldy. I may switch it out for silicone tubing that's a bit more flexible.

I haven't had a chance to try the straight fab yet since I've been sick for the last week. But as soon as I can vape again I'm on it. Looking at it, it seems more fragile than the stock glass piece. And it does not fit in the case they provide with the Pockety. So that's sort of a bummer if you want to take it 'with' and it's your only glass for it. Fortunately, the whip will negate the need for it while traveling. I'll have to look into a different carrying case for the entire unit plus accessories.

My only complaint is that the black tubing
A quick rummage thru the glass adapter draw came up with this, cloud buddy, GonG & a marble as a shotty hole (just need to remove the DV cap off one of the 14 to18mm adapters and add a few keck clips),
1680007161529.jpg

Not used it this way...yet. :thumbsup:

Hi all. I'm mostly a lurker and don't have friends that vape so I came here to sing the praises of my days old Pockety. I have never experienced such a clean-tasting dab as I have with the Pockety and it's so efficient there's hardly any waste in the bucket. Love it so much I placed a second order for spare inserts and the water piece adapter....

Questions:
1) does anyone use a terp pearl or two in the chamber and if so what size? I'm using quartz and titanium buckets.
2) do options for other/different carb caps exist? I got the hang of the little bugger but thought I'd ask.

Cheers!

1) does anyone use a terp pearl or two in the chamber and if so what size? I'm using quartz and titanium buckets.
I use a single 6mm ruby pearl with the ruby insert...the best cup IMO with the ALN a very close second.
2) do options for other/different carb caps exist? I got the hang of the little bugger but thought I'd ask.
I use the Puffco Peak Pro ball cap with my Pockety and any Peak Pro cap will fit, there are a lot of lanyard cap options for the PPP.

The JCVape guys are now offering a pre-order for a Diamondium insert if you want an upgrade to your Ruby... preorder sale price is US$1599!

I have been meaning to report back on how I feel about the straight fab attachment I bought.

9B1E76E7-31B7-45D3-8984-7C25E0903739.jpeg

I'm not using water in it at the moment since my water here is very hard and leaves mineral deposits on glass. And I don't have any bottled water so... dry it is!

The piece itself delivers a really nice hit. I prefer it with water... without it's a bit harsh. However, I do not like the way they have placed the mouthpiece. You have to hold the Pockety like this to draw...

AA64E291-A04D-4673-9DA6-17CFDD1D1BBB.jpeg

Which makes it more difficult to use the carb cap. And impossible to see the display. My preference would have been to have the mouthpiece facing the front of the unit. All this said, it's a nice little rig for the Pockety and cools the hits down very nicely.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back