Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Ju1ce Box handheld For in press

I stumbled across this device and was coming to the experts for opinions..

https://theju1cebox.com

Seems legit but I only watched the video and never made rosin..

My though on these is that they look to me to be no more than you can do with a good quality hair press and a set of clamps.

My concern is being able to get enough pressure out of them. I have little to no experience squishing so hope others will weigh in, but my understanding is that to keep the temp down (desirable in general) you need to be able to put the squish on hard. That is, have lots of capacity for applying pressure.

I'm looking at a fairly large 20T press in July...way more than I need but I love these kind of gadgets. I have a chance to give it a try and then we will see....I hope I love it and buy it.

Cheers

I have the same thoughts as Baron. The press included with this "Juice Box" looks like a 10lb clamp from Harbor Freight. It won't be able to clamp with a fraction of the force as the 600lb Irwin clamp supplied with the Cannaclamp, so the extraction efficiency will be much lower.

The force at the platens is so low that the manufacturer is not even willing to disclose it.

There is no temperature control, so the device is useless for pressing the more delicate materials that might actually be possible to get a decent yield with at low force (Kief and hash). 250 degrees? I press hash at 160-180. At 250 the hash and rosin will be ruined for my palate.

I personally wouldn't waste the money on it, especially since, a properly engineered, warrantied, well reviewed product with plenty of clamping force and easily controllable temperature settings may be easily obtained for just a few dollars more. The CannaClamp v2.0 has been released: https://midwestconcentrates.com/version-2-now-shipping-hightimes-2nd-place-best-product/

Baron- just make sure your press has a gauge so you can see what's happening as you use it. I own a Dake press and it's very affordable to build, caged plates will work best with that type of press.

If you're willing to spend the money, TimeWizard Grey Fox developed a very small, portable 20T press with 6x4" platens and BVA hydraulics. Super quality gear.

I have the same thoughts as Baron. The press included with this "Juice Box" looks like a 10lb clamp from Harbor Freight. It won't be able to clamp with a fraction of the force as the 600lb Irwin clamp supplied with the Cannaclamp, so the extraction efficiency will be much lower.

The force at the platens is so low that the manufacturer is not even willing to disclose it.

There is no temperature control, so the device is useless for pressing the more delicate materials that might actually be possible to get a decent yield with at low force (Kief and hash). 250 degrees? I press hash at 160-180. At 250 the hash and rosin will be ruined for my palate.

I personally wouldn't waste the money on it, especially since, a properly engineered, warrantied, well reviewed product with plenty of clamping force and easily controllable temperature settings may be easily obtained for just a few dollars more. The CannaClamp v2.0 has been released: https://midwestconcentrates.com/version-2-now-shipping-hightimes-2nd-place-best-product/

Baron- just make sure your press has a gauge so you can see what's happening as you use it. I own a Dake press and it's very affordable to build, caged plates will work best with that type of press.

If you're willing to spend the money, TimeWizard Grey Fox developed a very small, portable 20T press with 6x4" platens and BVA hydraulics. Super quality gear.
As somebody who has regularly been a small-quantity personal use rosin enthusiast, I have to agree with both of my friends above here. The pressure is simply not enough for me to want to use for flower, and the temp is actually too high for both flower and hash IMO. I'd never use 250f for rosin purposes. It is clear to me that this temp is being used in the Juicebox product because their clamp cannot achieve much pressure. One way that I used to make up for a lack of pressure in my very early days experimenting with rosin and a hair straightener (No clamp, I was simply putting my body weight on the damned thing!) was to jack the temp up higher than necessary, perhaps unsurprisingly to temps ~250f. This is what makes me inclined to believe that this product is using too much heat to overcome limited pressure.

It's all been said by Sam and Baron and Mom above - I'd pass on this product and look at the cannaclamp or something else that gives temp control and adequate pressure. Even for small-scale, personal use flower only pressing (which is the only rosin pressing that I do), I would not recommend this product.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back