Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Juicing Cannabis

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Anyone tried this?

Marijuana juice is the next big health trend

Juicing marijuana is blowing the global wellness world up in smoke, with enthusiasts now blitzing the plant raw, or adding it to their morning green smoothie.

While it’s often “munchies” that comes to mind faster than “health” when considering marijuana, followers say this power plant packs serious goodness. Here’s why.

What are the benefits of juicing marijuana?
Like most leafy greens, marijuana is nutritionally dense and full of calcium, iron, vitamin K, fiber and antioxidants.

Kath Guidance, a spokesperson from the Nimbin Hemp Embassy says the added superfood bonus is in the cannabinoids.

“Cannabinoids interact with our endocannabinoid system; which manages anything from mood, appetite and pain. The interaction provides profound anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, anti-convulsion and mood enhancing benefits,” says Guidance.

She explains that experts now believe juiced raw cannabis can be used to prevent health issues before they arise.

“Raw marijuana is an excellent source of protein, magnesium, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. If consumed, it could prevent serious illness in the same way a conscious healthy lifestyle would,” says Guidance.

While we’re far off going green in order to cure terminal illnesses, research suggests that cannabinoids have a positive effect on Alzheimers, dementia and epilepsy.

Will marijuana juice get you high?
Unlike a mary-jane, reefer, joint, stinkweed, grass, pot, blaze, boo, charge, skunk; or whatever you call joints, raw marijuana leaves won’t get you high.

As Guidance explains, “it’s the THC cannabinoids in cannabis that causes the ‘high’ effect. THC is activated by applying heat (such as smoking a joint). Raw cannabis contains THC-A (un-activated THC) that won’t get you high but itself but provides phenomenal health benefits.”

How did juiced weed even become a thing?
The practice is popular in many 420-friendly states, as put simply – it won’t get you high and is appropriate for daytime use.

Ray-Jay, age 28, a sufferer of the chronic autoimmune disease Crohn’s from Australia has been relying on the juiced version for years as pain relief.

“Consuming raw marijuana in its entirety has been popular for decades internationally. Australian doctors aren’t trained on the plant but if you independently research online you’ll find thousands have been juicing for health benefits,” explains Ray-Jay.

The Therapeutic Goods Administration recommends anyone who wishes to access medicinal cannabis to talk to their doctor.

Meanwhile, Ray-Jay and her partner are backyard growers, using the plant themselves for health purposes.

“I turned to cannabis when my Crohn’s spiraled out of control. I lost over 25kgs (55 lbs) in a few months and the medication wasn’t helping. After a few weeks consuming marijuana, the constant nausea, diarrhea, cramping and bloating I endured with my Crohn’s was quickly relieved. While it is not 100 percent a cure, it’s made my symptoms manageable,” she says.

The challenges of juicing marijuana
The issue users are finding with juicing raw marijuana is you need a large crop to support ongoing supply and it’s not great tasting.

Ray-Jay says the smell of fresh marijuana can differentiate from a sweet citrus or strawberry, to something as pungent as diesel, but on a whole the taste is “pretty average and herb like.”

“In a perfect world, I’d consume 30mls, three times a day if I could. I previously purchased off the dark web but now my partner and I grow the plant ourselves as a cheaper and safer option.”

Anyone tried this?

Marijuana juice is the next big health trend

Juicing marijuana is blowing the global wellness world up in smoke, with enthusiasts now blitzing the plant raw, or adding it to their morning green smoothie.

I have! And I loved it! Before I knew about vaping I met the nice people at Lush Lighting and they introduced me to juiced cannabis.
I've been juicing fruits and vegetables for a long time, twenty years or more.

https://lushledlighting.com/juicing-cannabis

Thanks for posting the article @momofthegoons.

Juicing cannabis is the best method for receiving the most benefits as opposed to smoking it. Although smoking cannabis can still supply medicinal therapy, you will actually lose 99% of the benefits juicing cannabis provides (according to Dr. William L. Courtney, Physician and Preeminent Researcher in the emerging field of Dietary, non-psychoactive Cannabis, University of Michigan). In addition to assisting with the function of your immune system, anti-inflammatory support, and improving bone metabolism and neural function, by juicing cannabis you add preventative benefits to the list as well.

I tried it but never repeated it. I guess I dont mind the buzz. And I made a mess in my wife's juicer. I have eaten buds that were cured for a long long time, that had naturally decarbed and provided a medible type buzz.

Just curious @BD9, I never understood why juicing was better than eating, whatever your juicing. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Only vaguely related, but I ferment my old mj leaves in water for a fermented plant extract, a fertilzer that feeds new mj plants. The left over fermented mush feeds my worms.

I tried it but never repeated it. I guess I dont mind the buzz. And I made a mess in my wife's juicer. I have eaten buds that were cured for a long long time, that had naturally decarbed and provided a medible type buzz.

Just curious @BD9, I never understood why juicing was better than eating, whatever your juicing. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Only vaguely related, but I ferment my old mj leaves in water for a fermented plant extract, a fertilzer that feeds new mj plants. The left over fermented mush feeds my worms.

@Shredder, I don't know if juicing is better than eating, but I would think that the vitamins and nutrients are more easily absorbed into the body. I don't always eat fruits and vegetables every day, so in one glass I hopefully get the benefits of eating several different things from juicing them.
I like the taste... Sometimes. I've made a couple of things that I could barely get down. LOL.

I like the idea of fermented cannabis leaves. I wonder if you could make a cannabis kimchi type thing?

@Shredder, I don't know if juicing is better than eating, but I would think that the vitamins and nutrients are more easily absorbed into the body. I don't always eat fruits and vegetables every day, so in one glass I hopefully get the benefits of eating several different things from juicing them.

Switched from juicing to just eating whole vegetables (don't eat anything else except tofu). Juicing lets you consume more vegetables than you otherwise would. A glass of carrot juice might be made from four or five large carrots. That's a lot of carrots to eat, and your gut's likely to complain about it, at first. But before long, it becomes normal.

@Shredder,
I like the idea of fermented cannabis leaves. I wonder if you could make a cannabis kimchi type thing?

I'm sure you could, although I havn't got that brave. If you smelled them you'd understand, lol. The fermented leaves smells a lot like if a cow or horse ate them and fermented them inside, releasing them as manure. A side benefit from working with this stuff is that makes your skin feel absolutely wonderful. Your hands will feel soft and subtle like a babies skin. Of course they also will stink, lol.

Maybe mj leaves fermented in salt like sour krout or like kimchi style would work.

I use natural bacterias and fungi for fermenting, but some use a commercial bacterial soup called em1, and I have heard some people eat em1. There is another popular homemade bacteria called lacto b (google it) that folks use. With what were hearing on bacteria in our guts it might not be a bad idea to use them as a probiotic.

Cannabis will never touch my juicer again.
Too much cleaning to contend with!
I have juiced daily since I was 15 years old.
I get plenty of fiber in my diet. To add a ton of fresh extra nutrients at a low cost, a wide mouth juicer with almost any vegetable or combination makes quick work of a pile of Mother Nature's gifts.
I use jalapeños (seeded), beets... whatever my imagination comes up with. This juicer is Hamilton Beach. (various companies take turns making units like this for WalMart) It's about $50, and has worked for 5 years.
This bad boy can swallow an apple whole!
Keep it clean, and it will last a long time!
131544545-1538524726331458-5626771627100217143-o.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back