Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Levo for Infusion

Baron23

Saw an article about this device...well, I will post the article below. Looks like a coffee maker.

Anybody own and use this? Effective or? Compared to a Magic Butter Machine (or whatever its called)?

https://levooil.com/

This oil infusion appliance is the KitchenAid of cannabis

appliance.jpg

While private pop-up dinners, farm-to-table feasts and Insta-famous chefs are ruling the cannabis cuisine scene right now, LEVO is changing the game for curious home cooks.

First launched in 2017, the appliance makes the infusion of oil and butter from dry cannabis flower as easy as the touch of a button and now, the company is readying for the release of the LEVO II—an even more streamlined experience packed with improved features and innovative technology.

For founder and CEO Christina Bellman, the journey from concept to countertop started in 2011, long before recreational legalization even seemed feasible (let alone a career in cannabis). Then a college student studying finance, international business and philosophy at New York University, Bellman had a self-described “lightbulb moment” while watching a group of friends attempt to make marijuana-infused treats in their dorm room.

With a complete mess left in the kitchen and the experiment taking up an entire day, she knew "there had to be a better way." Already passionate about an organic lifestyle, Bellman soon graduated and decided to go all-in on an in-home infusion appliance, bootstrapping the research and development of LEVO for the next five years.

Bellman relocated to Denver in 2016 to start LEVO in earnest, leaving behind a day job working on go-to-market strategy for Fortune 500 companies. Now 28, Bellman has self-funded the company since the start and has grown it into one of the fastest-growing cannabis accessory brands in the country.

Since it hit shelves, LEVO has sold 10,000 units of the first-edition device and is available in 850 retail locations—most of which are dispensary partners. And with legalization ahead in Canada, LEVO has planted their seed through an exclusive partnership with the boutique accessory retail chain Tokyo Smoke and is heading out on a multi-city tour with Van der Pop for its Women & Weed series. It will also launch a Canadian-friendly sub-site for direct ordering.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkatieshapiro%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2FChrissy-and-LEVO.jpg

Christina Bellman with the LEVO I, which is still available for $149.99.COURTESY: LEVO

“The cannabis industry is in the shadow of the natural foods space. Just as people started to become more aware of additives in foods, consumers are caring more and more about the integrity of ingredients in infused products. I am most excited to see the awareness of microdose products and healthier food products increasing rapidly,” Bellman offers as one reason for her company’s explosive growth.

She adds, “People are beginning to using cannabis to enhance different taste and flavor profiles. We are coming to understand that the marriage of culinary and cannabis can be an immersive experience.”

Bellman named her company after the Latin word for "alleviate" and personally discovered that CBD was a natural and effective way to help with inflammation from an old knee injury. She uses LEVO to make oil for her homemade salves for everyday aches and pains and thinks the current CBD wellness craze is only going to make infusing at home more popular.

LEVO’s head of brand Olivia Harris, who also boasts a New York City background in strategy says, “I honestly have never seen such a natural interest in a brand or product I’ve worked on like this before. What’s happening with LEVO is really special because it’s completely organic—we have done zero paid marketing, advertising or sponsored posts. People are expanding their ideas on how to use and consume natural medicine.”

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkatieshapiro%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2FMonicaLo_LEVO-3381-1.jpg

Monica Lo in her San Francisco kitchen with LEVO.

One way LEVO has already experienced cult-status in the culinary world? Through thoughtful partnerships with both cannabis and mainstream chefs. One of the brand’s earliest product testers was Monica Lo, more commonly known as Sous Weed. A pioneer of the cannabis chef movement and longtime photographer and creative director, her blog was born in 2015 as a passion to document her cannabis-infused creations using the sous vide method as a holistic pain management plan and to avoid alerting her landlord to the smell of the plant while she cooked.

“I was fascinated with the LEVO when it first came out. I love that it’s simple-to-use, quiet, and discreet. While I use the sous vide method for large batch recipe testing, the LEVO is also perfect for my single batch infusions and it makes the clean-up a breeze. It’s an accessible device for the home cook, great for beginners, and it looks stunning on the countertop,” says Lo.

Functionality aside, Lo also credits the brands rapid rise to budget-conscious cannabis consumers.

“If you live in a legal state, you are probably experiencing higher prices due to new licensing costs and taxes. Edibles, oils and tinctures are getting increasingly expensive, which means people are finding it difficult to get the medicine in the prices and specific dosages they need. It’s one of the many reasons why more and more people are starting to make their own edibles.”

The online (and coming soon via iOS and Android app), LEVO Calculator allows for precise measuring and dosing recommendations along with temperature pairings for different herbs and oils. Careful not to pigeonhole the product as only for cannabis oil infusions, LEVO works just as well for common kitchen ingredients like basil, lavender, citrus, vanilla and more.

“We really consider ourselves a crossover product , but more and more people are realizing the benefit of consuming cannabis is more than just about getting high. It’s an ingredient that’s useful for many other things and you can harness it the same way chefs have been using other plants for years. An herb is an herb is an herb,” says Harris.

Once you have a LEVO of your own, here are Lo's s top three tips for infusing at home:

1. Consistent temperature and time: There are a bunch of wonderful cannabinoids that will degrade in higher temperatures which is why the consistent heat from a LEVO is perfect for infusions. The timer on the device will let you know when your infusions are finished so there’s no need to wait around.

2. No open flames: This one is a personal preference but I prefer the discretion of infusing with the LEVO or in a sous vide water bath. There’s no need to babysit an open flame on a stove top for long periods of time and there’s virtually no smell

3. Go beyond butter: Have fun with your infusions! Some of my most recent cannabis infusions include duck fat, lard, and sesame oil.

Anybody own and use this? Effective or? Compared to a Magic Butter Machine (or whatever its called)?
I have heard of this but not used one. Looking at the website, it appears the LEVO I (at $149.99) does pretty much what the Magic Butter machine does but it's not clear if there's only one temperature or if it goes up to 200° with varying temps in between. The more expensive model ($349.99), the LEVO II, claims to have some upgrades. Seems to me that you would have to buy the LEVO II to get all the benefits of the MB machine which comes in at $134.95 if you use the MBUU discount code. That's quite a price difference. Although the LEVO II claims to have a built in decarb feature which the MB does not have.

I wonder if it extracts more efficiently.... And I must say the fact that you can throw everything in the dishwasher is appealing lol.

@Killick have you or anyone in your group used one of these?

Funny, was chatting with a colleague about these recently. The 2 takes on a bunch of user submitted tweaks. If you like making small batches using automation it will be helpful for you. If you are happy with the slow cooker/immersion blender approach you might find it less useful.

Hi folks – This is a combo of posts I made elsewhere and combined for this post. Hopefully, I scrubbed it up well but there may be some redundancies, etc.

So, I was given a Levo I...oh, a couple of months ago…which is just the extractor and it’s about $159. They now make a Levo II which as far as I can tell incorporates a decarb function, Wi-Fi, a better stirring impeller, and a ceramic coated reservoir……but the price also goes up to $349.00!!

Now, I'm generally not interested in unboxing vids and reviews.....I mean, it’s just the packaging mostly, right? But it seems like many people do like them and I needed some quick content so...unboxing pics.

Well, here is the box (haha)

upload_2018-12-28_12-45-52.png

upload_2018-12-28_12-46-24.png

When you open it, you will see its suspended in some pretty nice packaging:
upload_2018-12-28_12-46-52.png

It comes with a quick start guide and a rather extensive, and appears to be well written, user manual.
upload_2018-12-28_12-47-20.png

It also comes with a swizzle stick (at least that's what it looks like to me haha). I presume this is for stirring stuff up...maybe. LOL I threw it away….actually have seen better swizzle sticks in a Tiki Bar drink! haha
upload_2018-12-28_12-48-10.png

If you pop the top, you can see the reservoir for oil/butter.
upload_2018-12-28_12-48-58.png

This is the reservoir removed with the standard flower pod that ships with the Levo I.

upload_2018-12-28_12-49-24.png

I have read the manual, corresponded with Levo on a question or two, and watched some vids....particularly useful is the one from Volcanotips.com here:

Here is the deal to my mind. As you can see above, the Levo's form factor is very much like that of a drip coffee maker. On top is a reservoir where the herb and oil (or butter or veg glycerin) and the herb pod goes. You can definitely do the same thing with a $19 Crock Pot but the Levo keeps it all pretty clean. The pod retains the flower, the reservoir drips down (like a coffee machine) into the container of your choice, and this should be attractive to people who are put off with filtering butter through cheese cloth and the associated mess most of us would make in the kitchen doing this.

The herb pod is the cylindrical thing shown in the pics in the OG post above. It’s metal with a top and bottom cap and is perforated. By most estimates, it will hold about a 1/8th (not really that much). The flower should be ground IMO but not too finely or you will get more particulates in your oil. Note that the pods stands VERTICALLY in the reservoir. I capitalized 'vertically' for a reason, as we will see.

So, Levo’s recipes call for “16 oz” of butter or oil

This is a bit confusing as Levo doesn’t clarify their terms. That is, they call for “16 oz (2 sticks of butter)” or “16 oz (two cups of coconut oil)”. But, there is a half a cup of butter in a stick so it should be 4 sticks which is also 16 oz by weight (i.e. a pound of butter is four sticks). Any cooks out there want to help me understand this a bit more??? I did put in an inquiry and they got back to me and said "The LEVO I can hold up to 2 sticks of butter or 16 ounces. The guides do refer to fluid ounces. For example, the reservoir can hold up to 16 fluid ounces of oil."

I asked Levo and they said that you can run the unit with as little as 5 oz of but here is the rub....to fully extract from your vertically aligned herb pod, the level of the fluid must cover the contents of the pod fully so you can’t really cut back the amount of oil in order to increase potency.

So, if it takes two sticks of butter to cover the payload of an 1/8th of flower, then this is about half to a quarter of the strength of most cannabutter recipes I have seen (e.g. two sticks of butter and ½ oz of flower). Volcanotips.com addresses this in his vid review and indicated that they ran the oil through multiple payloads (that is, multiple cycles of the oil through the Levo with new flower in each cycle) to get the potency up. Levo has, however, since come out with a much larger pod that looks to be about twice as large…so, maybe ¼ oz…for $9.99. So, I ordered one.

I finally gave it a go a week ago.

The Flower
First though, the flower I bought for this infusion was on sale for $80 for 1/2 zip (very cheap for MD!!) was 24% Cinderella 99. So, I sit down with an aluminum pan and start to hand tear it as the Levo pods are thin metal with perforated sides and I worried that if I ground too fine, then I would have to filter my butter afterward which I wanted to avoid since not having to do that seems to be the principal benefit of this device over a crock pot. Turns out hand tearing worked just fine as would a coarse grinder.

I’m sitting there hand tearing and decide I need to vape load of it.....and WOW...bit too sativa for me but this was no joke very good flower! I have no idea why the sale except that MD has a shelf life and if the MJ is not sold by a certain date, it must be disposed of (well, I'm trying my best to dispose of it one load at a time...but I think they have a more bulk option in mind! haha). So, instead of tearing up the whole half, I tore up 3/8ths and kept the other 1/8th to vape. I had some other flower...an 1/8th...that was given to me free as a new patient at a DC dispensary. Now, I assumed this to not particularly be high quality flower...and I was right…but it was good for adding with the Cin 99 to make a ½ oz.

So, total of 1/2 zip, decarb'd, and yes....my entire townhouse reeked....but not too badly and by morn it was all clear. Decarb was 240F for 35 minutes or so.

After decarb, I followed a suggestion from this High Times video and sprayed some Everclear on the decarb’d flower prior to putting it into the Levo for extraction. This is supposed to break down cellulose and make the cannabinoids more extractable. I did not have any lecithin and did not add any to the butter for bioavailability benefits.

Loading the Pod
The Levo has this small little pod that they say can hold an 1/8th. It stands up right the long ways so you really don't have the option of running it with less coco or butter...it has to come up to the level of the flower, right? Actually, in practice once the two sticks of butter were melted and the flower got “wet” the flower did come down and was indeed covered by the butter. You can see the Levo I’s bog standard pod in the pic above with the reservoir.

They also make the Power Pod which is supposed to hold a 1/4....I found I could get 3/8ths into the Power Pod and the rest fit nicely in the OG small pod.
upload_2018-12-28_12-52-21.png

The Infusion
IMO, Levo butter needed to be infused multiple times because of the limited amount of flower you can get in a pod and the need to fill the reservoir up to a certain point....so, I just infused the same butter multiple times, once with the Power Pod and 3/8ths and again with the standard pod for the last 1/8th. I thought I would have to drain the butter, put in new flower (the remaining 1/8th) and add the butter back again...not so. Opened the top, took out the Power Pod, popped in the OG Pod (which is magnetized to stick to a spot in the reservoir), and for good measure I decarbed about a gram and a half of some really cheap and crappy N Cali shatter I got a couple of years ago but refused to dab anymore. Decarb it and popped it into the butter also.

The controls on the Levo…particularly the power button, are a bit fiddley but I did get it turned on, set for four hours at 180F.

The lid to the reservoir has a locking mechanism. Push the button to unlock, then push down on the lid to release the catch, and it opens.

The Levo has a magnetically actuated stirrer disk that goes on and off based on some logic that is just not apparent to me. It seemed like it didn’t start stirring until it was up to temp (also, the timer doesn’t start counting down until set temp is reached) but then it shut off and came back on a couple of times with no apparent rhyme or reason that I could determine. They have supposedly improved the stirring impeller on the Levo II. The one with my Levo I really doesn’t have very large fins and I did notice at the end of the second infusion cycle that the yellow silicone insert at the bottom of the reservoir was out of place and seemed to knock the impeller off of its spot. But, this may well have happened when I changed pods or when I drained the butter as it did seem like it was stirring ok.

Apparently neither I nor Volcanotips.com know what this yellow silicone insert is for.
The stirrer is pretty loud….annoyingly loud, actually.

The Levo II comes with a Pod Press tool intended to allow you to press out remaining butter/oil from your pod prior to dispensing out of the Levo and into a container. The Levo I does not come with this…it comes with a cheap plastic swizzle stick that is useless and I threw away. I did buy the Pod Press and it worked perfectly well and made squeezing the remaining butter out the pod and into the reservoir much easier and less messy. If you plan to buy a Levo I, I suggest this accessory for $9.99.
upload_2018-12-28_12-52-55.png

Dispensing into container

This was easy as pie and is about the main advantage of a Levo over a crock pot and cheese cloth. The pods did indeed keep Scooby Snacks out of the butter and the butter dispensed out of the Levo and into my Pyrex container without issues. You do need, at the end, to release the internal reservoir so you can tilt it a bit toward the drain to get the last of the butter/oil out.

Note: I used Europe style butter which has a higher fat percentage and less water. I probably should have clarified the butter and removed all of the milk solids prior to putting in the Levo. The milk solids are kind of gross but almost all of it accumulated inside the Levo on the pods and the side of the reservoir and did not come out when dispensed. The little that did come out, settled to the bottom of the container and once cooled and solid, the butter could be taken out and the remaining solids were like some wet goop on the bottom that wiped off very easily with a paper towel.

The Result
Well, I made some pretty dang strong butter. Here is a pic of it after half was made into brownies.
upload_2018-12-28_12-53-39.png

I did make brownies and cut up an 8 x 8 inch pan into 20 brownies….those are small brownies and one of them did indeed get me VERY medicated. IMO and based on effect compared to other tested edibles, I’m estimating it at 50 – 70 mg per brownie but really don’t know.

Caution: when making cannabis infused brownies, watch out for the urge to lick the spoon and bowl….wow, did I get high! LOL

I think between the 1/2 zip and the added 'trates, I may have some kick ass butter.
upload_2018-12-28_12-54-14.png

Recommendation
To be perfectly frank, if you live in a legal state....the heck with Levo and even the heck with flower infusion. Just get some cheapo shatter, decarb it, and just stir it into some butter or coco oil in a crock pot or even just a pot (probably double boiler would be best) and you are good to go.

If you do want to use flower to infuse, then the Levo did dramatically reduce the mess and hassles of straining flower out of butter….but, I believe you can get the same product with a small $19 crock pot, albeit more messy and needing to stir manually. IMO, it’s not really worth $149.99 for what it does and I don't know what else is special about the Levo II to make it $349.99.

Anyway....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Hi folks – This is a combo of posts I made elsewhere and combined for this post. Hopefully, I scrubbed it up well but there may be some redundancies, etc.

So, I was given a Levo I...oh, a couple of months ago…which is just the extractor and it’s about $159. They now make a Levo II which as far as I can tell incorporates a decarb function, Wi-Fi, a better stirring impeller, and a ceramic coated reservoir……but the price also goes up to $349.00!!

Now, I'm generally not interested in unboxing vids and reviews.....I mean, it’s just the packaging mostly, right? But it seems like many people do like them and I needed some quick content so...unboxing pics.

Well, here is the box (haha)

View attachment 6743

View attachment 6744

When you open it, you will see its suspended in some pretty nice packaging:
View attachment 6745

It comes with a quick start guide and a rather extensive, and appears to be well written, user manual.
View attachment 6746

It also comes with a swizzle stick (at least that's what it looks like to me haha). I presume this is for stirring stuff up...maybe. LOL I threw it away….actually have seen better swizzle sticks in a Tiki Bar drink! haha
View attachment 6747

If you pop the top, you can see the reservoir for oil/butter.
View attachment 6748
This is the reservoir removed with the standard flower pod that ships with the Levo I.

View attachment 6749
I have read the manual, corresponded with Levo on a question or two, and watched some vids....particularly useful is the one from Volcanotips.com here:

Here is the deal to my mind. As you can see above, the Levo's form factor is very much like that of a drip coffee maker. On top is a reservoir where the herb and oil (or butter or veg glycerin) and the herb pod goes. You can definitely do the same thing with a $19 Crock Pot but the Levo keeps it all pretty clean. The pod retains the flower, the reservoir drips down (like a coffee machine) into the container of your choice, and this should be attractive to people who are put off with filtering butter through cheese cloth and the associated mess most of us would make in the kitchen doing this.

The herb pod is the cylindrical thing shown in the pics in the OG post above. It’s metal with a top and bottom cap and is perforated. By most estimates, it will hold about a 1/8th (not really that much). The flower should be ground IMO but not too finely or you will get more particulates in your oil. Note that the pods stands VERTICALLY in the reservoir. I capitalized 'vertically' for a reason, as we will see.

So, Levo’s recipes call for “16 oz” of butter or oil

This is a bit confusing as Levo doesn’t clarify their terms. That is, they call for “16 oz (2 sticks of butter)” or “16 oz (two cups of coconut oil)”. But, there is a half a cup of butter in a stick so it should be 4 sticks which is also 16 oz by weight (i.e. a pound of butter is four sticks). Any cooks out there want to help me understand this a bit more??? I did put in an inquiry and they got back to me and said "The LEVO I can hold up to 2 sticks of butter or 16 ounces. The guides do refer to fluid ounces. For example, the reservoir can hold up to 16 fluid ounces of oil."

I asked Levo and they said that you can run the unit with as little as 5 oz of but here is the rub....to fully extract from your vertically aligned herb pod, the level of the fluid must cover the contents of the pod fully so you can’t really cut back the amount of oil in order to increase potency.

So, if it takes two sticks of butter to cover the payload of an 1/8th of flower, then this is about half to a quarter of the strength of most cannabutter recipes I have seen (e.g. two sticks of butter and ½ oz of flower). Volcanotips.com addresses this in his vid review and indicated that they ran the oil through multiple payloads (that is, multiple cycles of the oil through the Levo with new flower in each cycle) to get the potency up. Levo has, however, since come out with a much larger pod that looks to be about twice as large…so, maybe ¼ oz…for $9.99. So, I ordered one.

I finally gave it a go a week ago.

The Flower
First though, the flower I bought for this infusion was on sale for $80 for 1/2 zip (very cheap for MD!!) was 24% Cinderella 99. So, I sit down with an aluminum pan and start to hand tear it as the Levo pods are thin metal with perforated sides and I worried that if I ground too fine, then I would have to filter my butter afterward which I wanted to avoid since not having to do that seems to be the principal benefit of this device over a crock pot. Turns out hand tearing worked just fine as would a coarse grinder.

I’m sitting there hand tearing and decide I need to vape load of it.....and WOW...bit too sativa for me but this was no joke very good flower! I have no idea why the sale except that MD has a shelf life and if the MJ is not sold by a certain date, it must be disposed of (well, I'm trying my best to dispose of it one load at a time...but I think they have a more bulk option in mind! haha). So, instead of tearing up the whole half, I tore up 3/8ths and kept the other 1/8th to vape. I had some other flower...an 1/8th...that was given to me free as a new patient at a DC dispensary. Now, I assumed this to not particularly be high quality flower...and I was right…but it was good for adding with the Cin 99 to make a ½ oz.

So, total of 1/2 zip, decarb'd, and yes....my entire townhouse reeked....but not too badly and by morn it was all clear. Decarb was 240F for 35 minutes or so.

After decarb, I followed a suggestion from this High Times video and sprayed some Everclear on the decarb’d flower prior to putting it into the Levo for extraction. This is supposed to break down cellulose and make the cannabinoids more extractable. I did not have any lecithin and did not add any to the butter for bioavailability benefits.

Loading the Pod
The Levo has this small little pod that they say can hold an 1/8th. It stands up right the long ways so you really don't have the option of running it with less coco or butter...it has to come up to the level of the flower, right? Actually, in practice once the two sticks of butter were melted and the flower got “wet” the flower did come down and was indeed covered by the butter. You can see the Levo I’s bog standard pod in the pic above with the reservoir.

They also make the Power Pod which is supposed to hold a 1/4....I found I could get 3/8ths into the Power Pod and the rest fit nicely in the OG small pod.
View attachment 6750

The Infusion
IMO, Levo butter needed to be infused multiple times because of the limited amount of flower you can get in a pod and the need to fill the reservoir up to a certain point....so, I just infused the same butter multiple times, once with the Power Pod and 3/8ths and again with the standard pod for the last 1/8th. I thought I would have to drain the butter, put in new flower (the remaining 1/8th) and add the butter back again...not so. Opened the top, took out the Power Pod, popped in the OG Pod (which is magnetized to stick to a spot in the reservoir), and for good measure I decarbed about a gram and a half of some really cheap and crappy N Cali shatter I got a couple of years ago but refused to dab anymore. Decarb it and popped it into the butter also.

The controls on the Levo…particularly the power button, are a bit fiddley but I did get it turned on, set for four hours at 180F.

The lid to the reservoir has a locking mechanism. Push the button to unlock, then push down on the lid to release the catch, and it opens.

The Levo has a magnetically actuated stirrer disk that goes on and off based on some logic that is just not apparent to me. It seemed like it didn’t start stirring until it was up to temp (also, the timer doesn’t start counting down until set temp is reached) but then it shut off and came back on a couple of times with no apparent rhyme or reason that I could determine. They have supposedly improved the stirring impeller on the Levo II. The one with my Levo I really doesn’t have very large fins and I did notice at the end of the second infusion cycle that the yellow silicone insert at the bottom of the reservoir was out of place and seemed to knock the impeller off of its spot. But, this may well have happened when I changed pods or when I drained the butter as it did seem like it was stirring ok.

Apparently neither I nor Volcanotips.com know what this yellow silicone insert is for.
The stirrer is pretty loud….annoyingly loud, actually.

The Levo II comes with a Pod Press tool intended to allow you to press out remaining butter/oil from your pod prior to dispensing out of the Levo and into a container. The Levo I does not come with this…it comes with a cheap plastic swizzle stick that is useless and I threw away. I did buy the Pod Press and it worked perfectly well and made squeezing the remaining butter out the pod and into the reservoir much easier and less messy. If you plan to buy a Levo I, I suggest this accessory for $9.99.
View attachment 6751

Dispensing into container

This was easy as pie and is about the main advantage of a Levo over a crock pot and cheese cloth. The pods did indeed keep Scooby Snacks out of the butter and the butter dispensed out of the Levo and into my Pyrex container without issues. You do need, at the end, to release the internal reservoir so you can tilt it a bit toward the drain to get the last of the butter/oil out.

Note: I used Europe style butter which has a higher fat percentage and less water. I probably should have clarified the butter and removed all of the milk solids prior to putting in the Levo. The milk solids are kind of gross but almost all of it accumulated inside the Levo on the pods and the side of the reservoir and did not come out when dispensed. The little that did come out, settled to the bottom of the container and once cooled and solid, the butter could be taken out and the remaining solids were like some wet goop on the bottom that wiped off very easily with a paper towel.

The Result
Well, I made some pretty dang strong butter. Here is a pic of it after half was made into brownies.
View attachment 6752

I did make brownies and cut up an 8 x 8 inch pan into 20 brownies….those are small brownies and one of them did indeed get me VERY medicated. IMO and based on effect compared to other tested edibles, I’m estimating it at 50 – 70 mg per brownie but really don’t know.

Caution: when making cannabis infused brownies, watch out for the urge to lick the spoon and bowl….wow, did I get high! LOL

I think between the 1/2 zip and the added 'trates, I may have some kick ass butter.
View attachment 6753

Recommendation
To be perfectly frank, if you live in a legal state....the heck with Levo and even the heck with flower infusion. Just get some cheapo shatter, decarb it, and just stir it into some butter or coco oil in a crock pot or even just a pot (probably double boiler would be best) and you are good to go.

If you do want to use flower to infuse, then the Levo did dramatically reduce the mess and hassles of straining flower out of butter….but, I believe you can get the same product with a small $19 crock pot, albeit more messy and needing to stir manually. IMO, it’s not really worth $149.99 for what it does and I don't know what else is special about the Levo II to make it $349.99.

Anyway....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thank you for the comprehensive and informative review. I have a mesh strainer that makes it possible to skip cheese cloth, and I have nut milk bags if I want to go that route, so I'm not currently looking, but it's great that if I see a sale I can make an informed decision about the usefulness of the Levo. It does seem a bit steep to infuse butter when I have a satisfactory method, but I did just buy an Instant Pot to make yogurt, so I am not adverse to buying small kitchen appliances that might simplify specific tasks.
How is clean up? Did the Levo wash up well?
Again, an excellent and enjoyable review.

How is clean up? Did the Levo wash up well?

Clean up was super easy. Piece of cake. And yes, I have nut sacks (ooops, nut mild sacks....I have the other also...love juvenile humor haha) and cheese cloth, etc. The Levo was quite clean and neat in comparison to using strainers, squeezing cheese cloth, and the like.

an excellent and enjoyable review.

Thank you :hug::rofl:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back