Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Hey Guys,

Lots going on in the Vapwood world. While the Elite release date is approaching, the Classic Cherry unit is on sale with discount code: 10PERCENT, bringing the price down to $171 (with roasting tube). I believe that is the best offer yet for a Classic LB with alll 3.0 upgrades.

With the help of some new tools, quick work is being made of the integration of the DNA75c board into the Lil' Bud body. Once the cover plate customization is complete, it will be become a matter of dropping the modular plate / board into a modified LB body, and the Elite will be complete. While my CNC foray didn't work out, I did branch out to a X / Y axis drill press vice, which was an absolute necessity for this level of accuracy. Exciting times for Lil' Bud.

Hey All,
Just wanted to update you on the status of Lil' Bud and the end of the year batch, which ships Monday. Most of these units are spoken, but I'll list the availables.
Available
Top Row Deal of the Day: regularly $219 / now $199 with roasting tube and free shipping on Monday
This is one beautiful Blend / Racing Stripe Edition. I've gotten away from all PH units, but have been working with lots of PH accents. Here is a Cherry / Walnut (stripe)/ PH unit with a PH switch box and back plate. You can see the level of finish is off the chart. I discovered yet another method for final sanding and buffing that has taken us to another level of finish. Add $10 for glass lined cooling tube.

On the bottom row are mostly all sold Cherry Classics. The exceptions are:
1st on left is a Classic Blond Cherry and Maple switch box: $209 / $199 free shipping on Monday
3rd from left is a Classic Cherry with PH switch box: $209 / now $199 free shipping on Monday
There is also one Black n Tan Blend in the mix: $219 / now $199 free shipping on Monday

Once this current inventory is used up, next batch will be the end of January at the earliest, as I start work on the Elite.

20181228-133424.jpg

Update on the Elite
I did something in the build process I've never tried before. I left the batch behind, and took one unit to pre-assembly. This allowed me to verify all specs, especially in regard to DNA mortise / coil placement, and everything that goes with that. Everything panned out, and I was able to apply the tweaks to the entire batch.

Normally, the coil is mounted to a one inch x 1/8" wood disk. With the tighter tolerances of the Elite, I shrunk this to a 7/8" disk. The coil, which is now no more than 14 mm's in diameter, easily fits on a smaller disk. I can't wait to assemble my first unit with an Alan rolled coil mounted to a 7/8" disk. This eliminates the need for the clearance groove in the coil compartment, adding more efficiency to the process. The smaller disk will probably work just as well on the Classic, also eliminating the need for the post clearance groove, saving a fussy job (5 minutes per unit).

Other developments. I had thick stock for Walnut wire boxes and Maple wire boxes, but I'm waiting on Cherry stock. I decided to improvise on a couple of units (made a couple extra cherries for prototypes) with a Koa wire box. Koa end grain, which is very visible, looks incredible with Cherry, but I wasn't sure it would hold up to the mortise. It did! I had some Koa lying around (tx @P.A.M). that was large enough for wire boxes. If you're on the list for a Cherry Elite and want a Cherry / Koa, let me know. I'll be posting pics of the prototype soon, possibly tomorrow.

So there are 16 units ready for pre-assembly. Wire boxes cut and fit to the units as well. On the cover plate / board side, I have all wires prepped, ready to go. Once more buttons and coils arrive, I'll be ready to assemble multiple units.

I think the plan for this week is to get a prototype or two working, and then fill my February Classic order, kind of clear the work bench, before putting it all together. The final process should come together pretty easily, as it's all been done.

Time to get a little sentimental.
We did it. Alan's idea, design, and knowledge, paired with my skills, persistence, and insatiable VAS have culminated into a hand crafted work of art, packed full of cutting edge vape technology. We all owe the Jedhi Master a big thank you.

I've also got to hand it to the guys at Evolv, the DNA 75c is user friendly, and not an overwhelming amount of technology, unless you want it to be. Combustion is basically not possible. A bad hit really isn't possible. And if you're not a tech person, or just not a tech person when you vape, pop it on watts mode, and enjoy. How do I know the Elite is a success? From the moment it was built, my one and only prototype became my new DD - instantly! As a matter of fact, I haven't used anything else. The buttons work perfectly, very easy, logical, quick to go from setting to setting with one hand. I'm a one handed vapist, and this made me real happy. Anyone with any hand strain issues will love the Elite. If something happened to my unit, I'd do everything in my power to build another one ASAP.

Good morning VA. it's gonna be an interesting week. The separation of the Elite body / bottom cap / back plate into one modular unit, and the cover plate / board / buttons as another, is what I envisioned the Elite to be. By compartmentalizing each complicated task, I am able to achieve a much higher level of quality for each. It's like building a house, if something is outta square / plumb, you will chase that mistake around the whole structure.

The separation of board and body simplifies a lot of things, and allows the true power of each to shine through. After a bit more testing, a few tweaks, and getting more familiar with the software, I should be able to start serious building.

Hey All, Just wanna bring up to speed on the Elite. We are in full production mode. Software is aweome, performance is even better than expected. All reviews have been good. I think we created a winning project here. A reminder to you guys, coupon code: ELITIST is still in effect to save you $30 off the purchase of the Elite.

I also revamped the website:
https://vapwood.com

Loving those contrasting buttons @Mike Vapwood. Such a classy vape & looks like a significant refinement has been made compared to the OG.

I received a Timber Elite recently and am absolutely blown away. The heater really does feel instant and the vapor is very flavorful and very cool.

I have tried a few 510 based convection vapes and this bests them for me. It’s now my daily dry herb vape. The feel in the hand is so good, with the wood getting pleasantly warm and the grip of it.

I’m currently using it with stems I’ve purchased for my Splinter Z, and they work great. I dearly want to try it with a roasting tube for the full experience as intended, but will have to wait until funds allow for me to order with Alan.

This is hands down the nicest, most luxurious, and technically proficient vape I’ve ever used. I’m thrilled with mine.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back