Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Nope. This is a black (onyx) version. So ours should be the same.

I've been using a q-tip with a bit of ISO (not real wet... just a bit damp). The abv tends to stick to the walls of the oven so I've found the ISO helps clean off any resin residue.

You're using your through water mostly though... aren't you? Which means it's upside down when in use. That might be why yours is brown rather than having bits stuck in it.

I've probably only run 8 bowls or so through this vape... so not all that much use. Someone using this as their daily driver is going to have issues with the herb getting down into the area past the quartz 'screen;' I would think. The only solution I can think of, off hand, are dosing caps. But that's going to diminish the flavor.
I did a lot of practice with water but then I only used it native as I have much better water tools
It's getting less use now than prior as I used it heavily for a while testing but now it sits most of the time with its buddy the F2

I also clean it as you do
The mp goes through the iso jar in the us cleaner though

If it had good caps I would use it outside

They need quartz caps to save the flavour....hahaa

Last edited:
I’m thinking out loud here, after awhile if cannabis collects under the quartz oven bottom the unit will start to smell. Will concentrates make a big mess underneath the oven even with the steal pads? I haven’t used concentrates for that reason. Not sure if mine gets hot enough for concentrates?

Last edited:
I’m thinking out loud here, after awhile if cannabis collects under the quarts oven bottom the unit will start to smell. Will concentrates make a big mess underneath the oven even with the steal pads? I haven’t used concentrates for that reason. Not sure if mine gets hot enough for concentrates?

I discovered the harsh way what happens with the mess underneath the oven floor. Three bowls with different strains & great flavor. The 4th bowl was a new brand & strain for me. Great tasting inhale & a godawful bitter-burnt taste on the exhale. I thought it was the new brand/strain. So I replaced the mp with the Eden wpa & used a wt to finish off this horrible tasting bowl at the highest temperature. After emptying the oven I noticed the mess.

My 1st solution was to burn-off the mess by turning the unit on at highest temperature & shaking/tapping the side of the unit while looking down into the oven. I could see little flashes of light as I kept shaking the unit. This solved the immediate problem.

Then I placed a steel pad at the bottom & refilled. I couldn't tell a difference in the draw (due to wpa/wt?) but the bitter-burnt taste was gone. But attempting to stir for the finish caught the steel pad & I had a mess again. I performed another shaking/tapping burn-off.

I've used the steel pads for concentrate but I'll explain my experiences/experiments later since this is running long (esp for 1st post).

I discovered the harsh way what happens with the mess underneath the oven floor. Three bowls with different strains & great flavor. The 4th bowl was a new brand & strain for me. Great tasting inhale & a godawful bitter-burnt taste on the exhale. I thought it was the new brand/strain. So I replaced the mp with the Eden wpa & used a wt to finish off this horrible tasting bowl at the highest temperature. After emptying the oven I noticed the mess.

My 1st solution was to burn-off the mess by turning the unit on at highest temperature & shaking/tapping the side of the unit while looking down into the oven. I could see little flashes of light as I kept shaking the unit. This solved the immediate problem.

Then I placed a steel pad at the bottom & refilled. I couldn't tell a difference in the draw (due to wpa/wt?) but the bitter-burnt taste was gone. But attempting to stir for the finish caught the steel pad & I had a mess again. I performed another shaking/tapping burn-off.

I've used the steel pads for concentrate but I'll explain my experiences/experiments later since this is running long (esp for 1st post).
It's a good post, regardless of number. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Your Eden came with a WPA?

I purchased the Eden during the Linx 710/OIL sale. The Eden wpa is an accessory & was an extra $15.

The instructions for use of the lava plates advises partially filling the bowl with herb, which I assumed it was meant as a substrate to absorb any melting concentrate. So I bought a $2 pre-roll of stems & seeds trim & shake to act as that absorbent substrate. The only concentrate I had available was some previously purchased terp sauce (more like sap/syrup at room temp so refigeration is recommended) that I use to flavor a dist cart. Placing the terp sauce on the lava plate was messy as the heat from my fingers holding the lava plate started melting the refrigerated terp sauce. It was a slight challenge getting the lava plate/terp sauce sandwhich into the oven since it kept sticking to my finger(s). Some obscene & vulgar words were mumbled during that process.

I turned the unit to red heat mode & allowed for a full warm up (no draws during heating mode). I used the wpa & wt. It took about three draws before I could taste the terp sauce but it tasted great. I got about six draws during the 4 min sesh. After cooling & reheat I got two more draws of terp sauce. Removing the oven top revealed a slight amount of terp sauce gunk in the upper air mix chamber as well as the diffuser/screen & oven top. The lava pads appeared to be clean of terp sauce but the bottom side of the lower plate had some abv stuck on it. The abv was slightly darker in color than usual & it was slightly sticky. I cleaned out the oven with iso to remove any tiny stuck herb. I soaked the lava pads, diffuser/screen & oven top in iso overnight & then swabbed them clean.

I repeated the process the next day but removed the diffuser/screen assembly from the top. This increased air flow since there were no obstructions from the upper lava plate through the draw path. I thought this was a better experience. The flavor arrived on the first draw & finished it all in a six draw, 4 min sesh. The abv appeared as it did after the first round with the terp sauce. Same with the oven top & lava pads. More iso cleaning except for the diffuser/screen assembly since it was removed.

When I try this again I'll probably use either shatter or a thick sugar sauce.

Would using one of the lava plates on the bottom help keep things clean?

My Eden oil experience was a bit different in that I filled about 1/2 way, then took a gloop of erl from the DynaVAP and just plopped it on top of the bowl. Seemed to work well (2 weeks ago, didn't take notes), but bowl is clean enough for gubmint work. I enjoy the Eden. It's not a beast, but it's a very decent option. It's no MiniVAP, but with 10 second heatup and pocket portability it gets used.

Sorry to are so late to the party.
You understand that I have been involved in a complex move from an 11 room house to a room and a half (with no air conditioning) and working here has been tough (as has finding anything I own.... all piled waist high around
I have discovered the first real negative in this vape..... I was cleaning out the oven yesterday and noticed that a bunch of herb has gotten down underneath the quartz screen. And from what I can see there's no way to get this out of there.
I love this vape for the convection flavor, and am sticking to blue and green.
@momofthegoons I use a cocktail straw with some good suction.... round and round, and it seems to get the job done for me.
I have still to test out concentrates, and the combo platter, but I am sure I will get life around here sorted before too long.
Hats off to you Linx guys.
We all experience things differently, and mine has benn positive with flowers.

Is it just me? Or are our Eden's becoming more restricted?

Mine seems like it is. I took out the screen module and it didn't change.

I checked the quartz bowl and the holes are open, although 2 don't line up with the holes in the ceramic under the bowl.

I also used an air blast in the air intake holes on each side while covering the opposite holes. To blow out any obstruction.

No change, now I'm wondering if it's just me.

Is it just me? Or are our Eden's becoming more restricted?

Mine seems like it is. I took out the screen module and it didn't change.

I checked the quartz bowl and the holes are open, although 2 don't line up with the holes in the ceramic under the bowl.

I also used an air blast in the air intake holes on each side while covering the opposite holes. To blow out any obstruction.

No change, now I'm wondering if it's just me.
I also feel like there is a bit more restriction when drawing,I have a little bit of flower that made it's way under the chamber and was thinking of trying a little suction from a vacuum but am skeptical and don't want to chance voiding my warranty by sucking a wire out of place, did the air get any debris out even though you didn't notice better airflow?

I also feel like there is a bit more restriction when drawing,I have a little bit of flower that made it's way under the chamber and was thinking of trying a little suction from a vacuum but am skeptical and don't want to chance voiding my warranty by sucking a wire out of place, did the air get any debris out even though you didn't notice better airflow?

I didn't see any plant material in it or when I used air. I don't know what else it could be though.

Welcome, @Efthimios. It's great to see you in the Asylum. :weed: :smoke: :weed:

I hadn't used mine for a week
Had a go last night
Thought maybe the same thing
Not really sure though as it always needed a long draw to work

Mine has the same holes as described above and the couple of holes that don't line up

What's it's been? 2-3 weeks?

I keep telling myself it's not that great of vape, and miss a few days of using it. Then I use it and again appreciate our little Eden's.

I like it as a little personal vape for a bump here and there. I think it would be ideal for someone new to marijuana as well.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back