Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Law Man in Lousinia sentenced to 18 years of prison without parole for carrying 18 grams of marijuana

Sixstringsmash

Where am I?
Here's a linked article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry..._590ce088e4b0104c734f0a40?section=us_politics

1 year of jail served for each gram you carry...... I can not feel any worse for this man than I do right now. It makes me sick to my stomach that this man who was not intending to distribute, was just holding 18 grams of marijuana on him for a good time, is now going to spend a good quarter of his lifetime rotting in a jail cell all because some out of touch judge thought it was the right thing to do. This absolutely disgusts me.

1 year of jail served for each gram you carry...... I can not feel any worse for this man than I do right now. It makes me sick to my stomach that this man who was not intending to distribute, was just holding 18 grams of marijuana on him for a good time, is now going to spend a good quarter of his lifetime rotting in a jail cell all because some out of touch judge thought it was the right thing to do. This absolutely disgusts me.
You're right, this is vile. Even if he intended to distribute it, it is fucking 18g. That sort of sentence is for incredibly serious crimes. Not for something that doesn't appear to have hurt anybody at all!

Last edited:
I feel ill just reading that. Gonna take a wild stab in the dark & assume he was black as no white man would get 18 years for under an oz of weed.

Its sad and scary at the same time that this type of injustice is still being brought against the citizens of our country. There needs to be protests about these types of issues as well. 18 years and it's legal maybe a few states away WTF. They need to stop the insanity. This is something that Jeff Sessons would think was a just incarceration.

Edit
There are some states if you are a cannabis user, it might be wise to think about moving to a more cannabis friendly state. Some areas around the states even though cannabis isn't legal it's only a fine to pay and not even put on your record.

Last edited:
...just lovely...what a surprise...

Meanwhile, under proposed new rules for 'legalized' cannabis in Canada...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...providing-cannabis-to-minors/article34717884/

Which means that if you give cannabis to a minor (whatever age they finally settle on) you can get a much stiffer sentence than killing the minor and then performing indignities to their corpse.
This ^^ was also actually written about by Abbyie Hoffman in '67 in a pamphlet called "Fuck the System". If I remember correctly, his point was that if you were caught selling any drugs to a minor, pull out a gun and shoot them as the jail sentence in NY for manslaughter would be less time than for drug dealing to a minor.

Fucked up world, eh?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back