Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Master Wu's Green Dragon - Tincture

I would add only enough to submerge the flower. No more, no less.

You could use less by doing half at a time with the same alcohol if you wanted a stronger tincture.

@deep_meditation just curious, how are going to use this?

Everclear is pretty rough by itself and weed won't help the taste either. But it is fast acting under the tongue.

Are you using it as is? Adding to food or drinks?

You could use less by doing half at a time with the same alcohol if you wanted a stronger tincture.

@deep_meditation just curious, how are going to use this?

Everclear is pretty rough by itself and weed won't help the taste either. But it is fast acting under the tongue.

Are you using it as is? Adding to food or drinks?

I can use it as is although it's quite harsh. The Dr. suggested I could evaporate it down with a fan. I think they then mix that with coconut oil, I'll have to check the recipe in her book. One person suggested I put my three drops onto a spoon with some melted coconut oil and take it that way - it reduces the burn.

I'm thinking about going the FECO and RSO route given my current health situation. I'll know more in about two weeks.

Maybe I"ll get a Source and make my own RSO.... not sure if it's economical around these parts but at least I'd get to choose from and work with a variety of strains.

I can use it as is although it's quite harsh. The Dr. suggested I could evaporate it down with a fan. I think they then mix that with coconut oil, I'll have to check the recipe in her book. One person suggested I put my three drops onto a spoon with some melted coconut oil and take it that way - it reduces the burn.

You could do the extraction with coconut oil, instead of alcohol, and then fill gel caps, or medibles with that oil for your doses.

I'm thinking about going the FECO and RSO route given my current health situation. I'll know more in about two weeks.

Maybe I"ll get a Source and make my own RSO.... not sure if it's economical around these parts but at least I'd get to choose from and work with a variety of strains.

Well if you evaporate the alcohol, that pretty much is RSO.
Not sure what a source is, but if it makes RSO, Kool!

With coconut infused oil or RSO you can make a wide variety of medibles that would easier to tolerate.

Lately I've cut back on vaping, don't smoke at all, but I eat more medibles. (My lungs aren't the greatest) Since it lasts longer when you eat it I think it might be better medically. I feel I can maintain a certain cannabinoid level better when ingesting marijuana, rather than the up and down of vaping.

Anyway hope this helps, and best of luck

Has anyone tried making GD with watercured bud?

I grow my own and I've got some jars of bud that don't vape very well. I like to experiment so a batch of GD is first up. I watercure for edibles to reduce the harsh mj taste. The watercure would remove chlorophyll and other solubles so the alcohol won't leach them out into the GD. Any benefit here?

Thanks!

Has anyone tried making GD with watercured bud?

I grow my own and I've got some jars of bud that don't vape very well. I like to experiment so a batch of GD is first up. I watercure for edibles to reduce the harsh mj taste. The watercure would remove chlorophyll and other solubles so the alcohol won't leach them out into the GD. Any benefit here?

Thanks!
I often water cure, and it does help. The flavor is less intense.

Thanks, M-G! Do you follow the technique from the first post in this thread?
Pretty much. I've tried a few ways, but I can't get 151 rum or Everclear in Cali. I just get as strong a proof as I can, and don't worry about it. Right now, I have a mason jar mellowing with the lid off. It's been open in a cabinet for months, and I'm just letting the alcohol evaporate slowly. Too lazy to heat it up, or I'm in no hurry, or I wanted to see if slow going was a good thing. Not sure why, but I open the cabinet to let the boozy fumes out if I remember.
I've washed both bud and ABV. Sometimes I want less flavor.

Last edited:
The funny thing (?) is, making the Green Dragon led me pretty directly to doing cold QWET washes as opposed to soaks...the issue with 151 and such isn’t that they aren’t good enough solvents, but that they contain so much water to get rid of.

I often water cure, and it does help. The flavor is less intense.
I‘m curious: do you dry the weed back out again? How to you keep trichomes?

I have been making 2-4 batches of Green DragonTincture per month for over 7 years.

I haven't decided if I have the time/strength to post a new Tincture thread, but I may.

For now, I have two easy tips that will improve the strength and taste of your Green Dragon. I would STRONGLY suggest that people decarb 240F for 40 minutes. This has been tested for by PsychedelicSam at a competing site.

240 F for 40 minutes was the best all-around for turning THCA to THC with minimal degradation.

I personally tried the hotter for a shorter time decarb and the 240/40 wins hands down.

Also, adding heat to a mixture of cannabis and ethanol makes for a VERY VERY nasty tasting (to me) tincture. I have tried this both ways.

If you don't mind, why? As in why do you use tinctures? Is that your only method of using cannabis? No need for specifics, I'm just curious.

I'm kinda transitioning to more medibles and less inhaling and still experimenting with different types, ingredients, and methods.

I'm in the same boat. I've almost completely transitioned to using tinctures and edibles. Haven't vaped in a long time. I want to make my own but decarbing can be an issue where I live. I have an Ardent but it throws off some odor. I could go back to the Sous Vide method, I guess. We can get the higher proof everclear here whicj is good.

If you don't mind, why? As in why do you use tinctures? Is that your only method of using cannabis? No need for specifics, I'm just curious.

I'm kinda transitioning to more medibles and less inhaling and still experimenting with different types, ingredients, and methods.
Have you tried canna flour or ABV flour @Shredder?
The funny thing (?) is, making the Green Dragon led me pretty directly to doing cold QWET washes as opposed to soaks...the issue with 151 and such isn’t that they aren’t good enough solvents, but that they contain so much water to get rid of.

I‘m curious: do you dry the weed back out again? How to you keep trichomes?
I usually dry after water cure, but if it goes in booze I get wild and don't bother.
As for keeping on the trichomes, I have a pure heart and good intentions, and I think the trichomes know that and stay put. Also, I use room temperature water. That seems to lull them into staying put, then I booze 'em up and toss 'em in the freezer. Sometimes I take a quick nip just to "check". That seems to reduce the alcohol just fine. Beyond that, I leave the open jars of tincture out until SuperEVaporation happens and it gets to the right concentration. Not sure it works, but it hides the smell of bud beneath the booze fumes.

My plan is to watercure the buds, then dry for a day or so, into the oven to finish any drying and decarb and then grind. Sound like an ok plan?

I've got a jar of ABV flour in the fridge but I haven't tried it yet. I've been using my jar of ABV coconut oil. I've been using the bags of cookie mix from the grocery store for simplicity, three cookies is a nice mellow body buzz. I'm looking forward to stronger effects from GD made from bud.

Starting the watercure with an ounce.

FYI, I'm using Ace Zamaldelica, I grew two fem's. The other one is floral/fruity with an awesome active daytime high, it's been my go-to for the past few weeks. This one produced a LOT more bud but it doesn't seem as strong and tastes kinda generic.

oneoz.jpg

I am a chronic pain patient. 4 surgical misadventures in my lower spine.

@deep_meditation I find that if I let the Ardent cool off completely before opening there is almost no odor.

Well, I finally got around to making my GD. I water cured for about a week+ and then let it air dry for another week+, decarb around 40 min at 240ºF and ground it up. Final usable weight was half an ounce.

decarb.jpg

I decided to go with the cold process so I picked up a bottle of Everclear a couple weeks ago and it's been waiting in my freezer. I put the ground herb in a quart mason jar and stuck it in the freezer for an hour. I added 8 oz of EC and shook it around for a good 6-7 minutes. I poured the mix through a cheesecloth lined fine strainer. I added another splash of EC to the quart jar to rinse it and poured that in with the rest. As it sat I noticed a lot of sediment settling to the bottom so I poured it all through a coffee strainer.

GD.jpg

So, now I've got a little less than 8 oz of GD but I haven't tried it yet. Any comments or suggestions? I'm new to all of this. I'm thinking maybe take about half of it and reduce it down? I appreciate all comments. Thanks!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back