Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Medicated maple syrup

Shredder

Dogs like me
I made a medicated maple syrup today. I won't know the effects for a while.

I mixed 8 grams of rosin and 2 grams RSO and 2 tbs of sunflower lecithin in 2 oz of ghee. (Clarified butter)

It took a while to get it mixed. I used a two cup glass measuring cup and heated it with a coffee warmer. I kept stirring with a silicone spatula until it was clear and the lecithin was completely dissolved.

Then I added enough maple syrup to make 10 fluid oz. Mixed well and filled one 2 oz size eye dropper bottle.

If my calculations are correct each normal eye dropper (about half on the dropper, or slightly less than 1/2tsp) is roughly .085 grams of rosin (not thc).

I'll test for strength before filling any more eye dropper bottles. If it gets too thick I may use a squeeze bottle instead.

The taste is a little disappointing. The rosin leaves an instringency or alcohol like bite I've noticed before in rosin medibles. But I think rosin medibles are more like vaping than RSO medibles. (Not a fact, just my theory) You first taste maple syrup, then the rosin. The after taste is a mix of sweet and astringent. I don't taste the ghee at all. Like a lot of medibles, not terrible taste, but not great either.

Yum
d4E2mOh.gif

Now, about 2 hours have passed and I can say the strength is about right. And I can always take more or less since I'm using an eye dropper. Was hoping for a better taste, I think rso would taste better.

Now that I know the dosage i'm thinking about what I can add a dose to. The lecithin should make it somewhat water soluble so I could make a liquid medible. Smoothie? kool aid? alcohol? Something strong tasting that could hide or dilute the rosin would be my choice, but under the tongue is easy and not that bad I guess.

Now that I know the dosage i'm thinking about what I can add a dose to. The lecithin should make it somewhat water soluble so I could make a liquid medible. Smoothie? kool aid? alcohol? Something strong tasting that could hide or dilute the rosin would be my choice, but under the tongue is easy and not that bad I guess.
Sounds like something that would make a great Kool Aid addititive... I've been looking for a good recipe to make and infused beverage myself. I got some 'Kool Aid' from a dispensary a while back... before the edible rules changed regarding packaging. Never saw it again. I'm betting they did something like what you did in infusing the maple syrup because the Kool Aid itself was thicker than normal Kool Aid.

Love that you're willing to take one for the team... :science: :thumbsup:

Sounds like something that would make a great Kool Aid addititive... I've been looking for a good recipe to make and infused beverage myself. I got some 'Kool Aid' from a dispensary a while back... before the edible rules changed regarding packaging. Never saw it again. I'm betting they did something like what you did in infusing the maple syrup because the Kool Aid itself was thicker than normal Kool Aid.

Love that you're willing to take one for the team... :science: :thumbsup:

It probably would do good in kool aid. We just tried some in grape juice (not fermented, lol). It mixed well and completely hid he taste. Looking at our pantry we have apple, grape, and cranberry juice plus V8, so lots of possibilities.

I noticed its become thicker as it cooled, I may have to rethink the eye dropper bottle idea.

This was my 3rd medible today and its just 5:12pm, Ill be visiting the how high are you thread soon I think, lol.

I think honey would work about the same too. I read one recipe today that you just warm a concentrate with lecithin and when its mixed you simply add it and mix it to the honey. Even simpler than the honey butter I like.

Just to finish my thoughts on this project, I added enough maple syrup to double the batch I made and used ketchup/mustard style squeeze bottles to hold it.

The lecithin I added was probably too much and it became thick, so adding maple syrup thinned it and made it easier to use.

Now one strong dose is a tsp rather than a 1/2 tsp. Much more manageable and it tastes much better. Less like weed.

A little splash in coffee works nice for a daytime medication.

I think using rosin and just enough heat to mix makes the effects more like vaping since rosin has more terpenes than RSO.

Just to finish my thoughts on this project, I added enough maple syrup to double the batch I made and used ketchup/mustard style squeeze bottles to hold it.

The lecithin I added was probably too much and it became thick, so adding maple syrup thinned it and made it easier to use.

Now one strong dose is a tsp rather than a 1/2 tsp. Much more manageable and it tastes much better. Less like weed.

A little splash in coffee works nice for a daytime medication.

I think using rosin and just enough heat to mix makes the effects more like vaping since rosin has more terpenes than RSO.

I ended up diluting this again for the third time.

Now a stronger dose is a tablespoon and a normal dose a teaspoon.

Now it's actually tasty. It works on pancakes and waffles. My favorite though is in drinks.

My wife bought some single serving Kool aid packs (16oz). A small amount of the syrup in a drink is almost unnoticeable, but works very well.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back