Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Does Smoking Weed Help with Meditation?

Apparently those from South Asia think so, along with Shaivites, Naths, and Buddhists who all have introduced marijuana for meditation ceremonies. It has been said that it brings heightened awareness, slowing the mind and helping the person meditating to enter a state of “profound stillness”.

When we consume cannabis in whatever way we seem is most fitting, we go through a mental change in perspective towards our environment. This shift will allow someone to notice or be reminded of times they may have previously forgotten, leaving room for introspection.

Here are the top 3 reasons:
Deep Breathing

When the body has reached a deep state of relaxation it allows us to practice deep breathing. Allowing breathe to drop down to the lower parts of our abdomen activates our parasympathetic branch of the nervous system. This can help slow your heart rate, digestion, and promote calm feelings.

Heightened Awareness
When we aren’t in sensory overload, it allows room for our mental awareness to calm forward. During meditation this heightened start of awareness allows people to drop into a deep meditative state. During this process, the right and left hemispheres of the brain have the ability to communicate more effectively.

Meditation improves Mental Health
Meditation helps you focus on the present moment. Allowing outside worries to no longer be the primary focus this helps improve your health by giving you a different outlook on life. The calming effects of cannabis help immensely for this *hint hint a nice strain of Indica will do the trick*.

Smoke & Meditate with Intention
When we are working with plant medicine *aka our dear friend mary-jane* many have said that smoking with an intention will help the plant medicine interact with your mind, body & soul in a certain way. An example of this is, you’re having a very hard time remembering a dream you had from the night before. So, you would smoke and right prior to smoking you would either verbally or non-verbally set the intention to find these answers during your session. Then you inhale the smoke, rest, and allow your consciousness to do the rest.

So, the next time that you feel called to take some time for yourself and you wanna give meditation a go, see if cannabis can help you. From someone who personally uses Mary-Jane often to help her with her meditation.. it works and it’s fun too.

Enjoy, namaste.

Ok, my brain is all fuzzy now :smug:

:smile: :peace: :wink:

"The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character; So watch the thought and its ways with care, And let it spring from love born out of concern for all beings. As the shadow follows the body, As we think, so we become." ... ~ The Buddha ~

Once you have a good understanding and depth it can. But your technique and strain need to be spot on IMO;
Transcendental meditation has helped me so much on so many levels: Cannabis, exercise, and meditation is my secret to life
The David Lynch Foundation was a great resource for me, I am a firm believer in TM and weed for heavy (guilt based) PTSD

Thoughts of wisdom and discernment...

Regardless of the “reality” of what you might call an independent, non-material spirit entity accessed through cannabis, behaving “as if” there is a spirit of the plant is very likely to produce deeper and more beneficial experiences. In her chapter in Cannabis and Spirituality, Kathleen Harrison writes beautifully and sensitively of the spirit of cannabis. In her words:

“The plant is your honored guest too. You may be pleasing yourself, or your close friends, but you are also pleasing the spirit of cannabis when you slip into a more conscious and attentive frame of mind in order to invite her into your body and your consciousness, into your ceremony of awareness. In this way of thinking, she responds more fully if invited in a respectful way.”

@Madri-Gal " This video brought me much joy. I don't know that I've appreciated that song enough."

Laughter is liberating and a joyful mind is most probably more receptive in the here and now. I do find in the last 2 minutes of this video a quality of silence imbued with peaceful joy. That monk "delivers the good" in a very unorthodox way... or is it?

Below quoted from https://myinappropriatelaughter.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/the-zen-of-laughter/
I know laughter opens the doors to perception, and it allows a thought to get in, because you’re completely unguarded and Zen-like when you’re laughing.
-George Carlin

Understandably, at times laughter is deemed inappropriate and is even considered a medical symptom for several scary ailments…. although with the psychiatric ones I have wondered how much of it was insanity or full on next level Zen. There is some sort of fine line there….

The mystic and the schizophrenic find themselves in the same ocean, but whereas the mystic swims, the schizophrenic drowns.
-R.D.Laing, an unorthodox psychiatrist

For a meditative ambience - this is still exceptionnal, 60 years later.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back