Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Batteries MGear4 by DOTECO

david1984

Company Rep
MGear4 is a sleek and sweet battery, 4 vv settings, and 15s preheating features.
PXL_20220504_030816973.jpg

@david1984 is this battery now available for sale? If so, you should add the website information, etc., and a bit more information.
Hi, the battery is available, right now. But our official site doesn't sell it directly. Most of them sell from our distributor and their local store.

BTW, if there is anyone interested in this battery, just visit the following page for more info.

Have a good night, bros.

All the best,
David

The mail came today and what a nice surprise, two new batteries from MGEAR4 by Doteco to try out and report . Almost as cool as finding weed :wink: . First impressions pretty cool looking, very lightweight feel, not a cheap feel, It has 500 mah of power, a ccharge port on the bottom for quick charge ( 45 minutes ). I charged one immediately and I left one uncharged to see how long it would last. Fairly standard 5 clicks on, three clicks will give you the temperature options. Green color is 2.7 v, blue is 3.2 v, yellow 3.7 v, and red is 4.2 v . This is a 510 thread, it needs no adapters, just a simple screw in. Today I'm testing live resin, Royal Cherry Diesel cart by Select concentrates, I think Curaleaf owns them ? Very good quality oil. Just an initial trial so far. It says it has a pre-heat mode, I didn't have a need for it. First draw was spot on at blue level 3.2 volts ( this seems to be my sweet spot ) . I tried all four. red is very strong, I would only use it on very viscous extracts or oils. Green was a little to whimpy on the draw, blue gave me great taste and just enough oomph . Yellow gave great rips, a little warm for me. I know people use their own FECO for carts and this battery would be great for that. I have a CCell Jupiter battery I'm comparing to this and so far the MGEAR4 kills it. The CCell is only 240 mah and one setting :doh:.

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

The MGEAR4 is taller, but it's also way lighter than the CCell Jupiter battery. The girls and I will take it out for a spin in the morning and report :wink: .

IMG_2147.jpg

The one thing that I noticed, the cartridge is exposed . When I toss it in my pocket I'm worried I'll break the cart . If I could make a suggestion it would be to extend the outer shell an inch . . I'm still using the battery that wasn't charged and it hasn't faltered at all, still full of power . Just a guess but I think you could accomplish this easy by just extending the outer shell about an 1 " or so :wink: .

My review is incoming.. im about to test with feco to see how it copes.. has been faultless with my standard carts.. as @bulllee said, no need for red setting yet.. and i also have not needed preheat mode.. 2 clicks does this i think..

16541957314356801696175815717299.jpg

Still some more testing to be done, but so far im happy..

I love the look of this battery
It reminds me of an old school lighter
It has a quality feel and look
The laser etching of my hand written design is perfectly done and looks great on the bottom to personalise

It works with my quaser carts as well as any pen style battery
The heat settings are good and seem tuned well
The preheat is useful for heavy rosin
If comparing to other pen batteries in this category it is as good as they get
I don't feel the need for a cover on top, but I have not had any battery or mod that does and am used to them as is, I like the look too as is with a cart on top

I need to make some more feco and will be doing so in a few weeks
This will be the real test for me as it is the most often used material in carts for me
Most pen batteries are not hot enough for my feco which is very thick (I dab my feco ) and I need a modbox on 16-20w to get decent vapour production
So if this pen battery can handle my homemade feco it is definitely a winner - I feel it won't get hot enough after testing with rosin though
I have tried it on all temps and need the top 3 to get vapour clouds that are decent
Going by past experience and using my feco it may not work but I will come back to this in a few weeks when I have made a new batch

So in short
The mgear4 when compared to other pen batteries is very nice and competitive
It functions as well or better than many and has a stronger battery than a quaser
The look is very nice and quality and stand out from most - the quality feels as good in hand
The personalised laser etching is perfect and looks impressive
USB C is a nice touch too compared to many
Overall I like this a lot atm and will get back about my feco

The one thing that I noticed, the cartridge is exposed . When I toss it in my pocket I'm worried I'll break the cart . If I could make a suggestion it would be to extend the outer shell an inch . . I'm still using the battery that wasn't charged and it hasn't faltered at all, still full of power . Just a guess but I think you could accomplish this easy by just extending the outer shell about an 1 " or so :wink: .
Thanks for your advice. As a pen-style battery, it was really hard to protect the cart from breaking.

Maybe we can release a "pod-style" 510 thread battery, next time.

Thanks again.

All the best,
David

Thanks for your advice. As a pen-style battery, it was really hard to protect the cart from breaking.

Thanks again.

All the best,
David
If doing a "pod style" maybe just make a small modbox?
More versatile and similar in shape

I love the pen you have made as is because of its form factor and size
If the shape and size is to change then giving modbox versatility would be the goods

Thanks again.

All the best,
David
No need for a pod, just use 510 connection. Just make a sleeve, or protector , See photo, Something like this . When I do use a cart it's for stealth purposes. I toss it in my pocket along with all sorts of junk. I forget I have it in my pocket :biggrin:, and before I know it, I've snapped another one. What's the price point that your suggesting ? I'm being honest here, it's a cool battery and does what they say it does. That being said there a bunch of batteries on the market right now that are very similar, in design and quality . Some offer hands free option with variable temperatures. I would hope the pricing would be competitive .

IMG_2220.jpg

No need for a pod, just use 510 connection. Just make a sleeve, or protector , See photo, Something like this . When I do use a cart it's for stealth purposes. I toss it in my pocket along with all sorts of junk. I forget I have it in my pocket :biggrin:, and before I know it, I've snapped another one. What's the price point that your suggesting ? I'm being honest here, it's a cool battery and does what they say it does. That being said there a bunch of batteries on the market right now that are very similar, in design and quality . Some offer hands free option with variable temperatures. I would hope the pricing would be competitive .

View attachment 37465
I see the use for something like that with a cart now you explain with pic
I've just never had one snap yet, but can see it happening possibly

Gee a modbox that size would be something hahaa
Dunno where the circuitry would go though...lol
Still the eleaf Pico is nice and compact, something similar with your sleeve in that pic would be interesting

Agreed
This mgear4 is as good as a pen battery is and works as stated
Pricing would most likely be the difference between others I suppose
If you were offering the laser etching free it may sway some people

I'll still comeback after making some more feco with results

I've just never had one snap yet, but can see it happening possibly
Same iv never snapped one..
Maybe a cheaper work around is just to provide a carry tube, long enough to accomodate the pen and cart ??

I'll still comeback after making some more feco with results
Im still testing that...

Same iv never snapped one..
Maybe a cheaper work around is just to provide a carry tube, long enough to accomodate the pen and cart ??

Im still testing that...
I feel my feco may be too thick
It's definitely thicker than most oils and needs more power than other pens for me
Pens work, but the vapour isn't as dense as it should be and I don't feel I get all of the goods from the oil compared to more heat on a modbox

Keen to see how your feco goes

"Pod-style" like the following pics show. we can insert the cart into the battery body, then the cart can be protected. Will it be okay?
That is a different style cart?
We are meaning for 510
Same as the pictures above by bullee or a modbox
Or a case like kellya mentioned

I don't mind the pen
Power may be my issue

That is a different style cart?
We are meaning for 510
Same as the pictures above by bullee or a modbox
Or a case like kellya mentioned

I don't mind the pen
Power may be my issue

I know what you mean. A pen-style battery that can protect the 510 carts from breaking. Just like the right part of the attached file(which is also the whole pen-style battery you've suggested), isn't it? I hope I didn't misunderstand you.

All discussions are to improve the product and give users a better experience.
ccell-silo.png

I know what you mean. A pen-style battery that can protect the 510 carts from breaking. Just like the right part of the attached file(which is also the whole pen-style battery you've suggested), isn't it? I hope I didn't misunderstand you.

All discussions are to improve the product and give users a better experience.
Yes that design is what @bullee described for the battery style

I don't mind the mgear4 style for size

For feco I may need more power

For feco I may need more power
So far im only getting whispy feco vapor.. if i push too hard i just get a burnt taste.. it cant absorb it quick enough due to the thickness of it..
But thats cool i didnt expect it to mangage the feco i have..

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back