Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Shredder

Dogs like me
What? No mighty thread?

I've had mine roughly 41 months now. It still works well although the batteries are getting tired. I used it with just herb until the liquid capsules came out. It was a daily driver for a few years but now I just have too many vapes, lol. We use our mighty nightly for 2-3 capsules smeared with rosin. On occassion I take it with me for party situations.

Soon I imagine I'll have to send it in due to the batteries wearing out. It's well past warrantee but s and b will send me a new one for $249 plus my mighty. I thought that by now someone would have a better portable rosin burner, but I honestly don't think there is one right now.

Anyway it's a great vape. It's a little pricey but its preformance is high as well. The price has dropped since I bought ours, I think I paid $479. It has two batteries so when new it will power through lots of loads before needing a charge. One of its best features is the mouthpiece. A true engineering feat that it can cool vapor in a fairly small plastic area. It's my best tasting portable by far. No off gassing or plasticky tastes, just rich thick vapor.

They have both herb capsules and liquid caps. The liquid caps have a mesh pad to hold and wick concentrates. Our stays real clean since we're mainly vaping resin. But the herb caps will keep the vape very clean, and they're very convenient to use.

One of its best features is the mouthpiece. A true engineering feat that it can cool vapor in a fairly small plastic area. It's my best tasting portable by far. No off gassing or plasticky tastes, just rich thick vapor.
I mentioned this recently in another thread, couldn't agree with you more brother! This is something that I wish other manufacturers would consider in their designs more often.

They have both herb capsules and liquid caps. The liquid caps have a mesh pad to hold and wick concentrates. Our stays real clean since we're mainly vaping resin. But the herb caps will keep the vape very clean, and they're very convenient to use.
I love the liquid capsules. I've owned an OG Mighty as well as the newest revision, and the capsules have changed the game. The liquid capsules are the single best solution for loading and vaporizing concentrates in a portable that also does herb. Matter of fact, I prefer the Mighty with these capsules to any and all pens that I've used so far. It is the best possible solution that I've used so far for reloading concentrates into a portable vape when away from home! Even better than the Puffco+!

One thing I will mention is that I find it best to have 1/4 of a concentrate pad cut to sandwich my dab inside the capsule - this minimizes the reclaim that gets sucked up into the cooling unit :twocents:

Thanks for posting this thread man, it is definitely high time that we had one for the Mighty! :weed:

I mentioned this recently in another thread, couldn't agree with you more brother! This is something that I wish other manufacturers would consider in their designs more often.

I love the liquid capsules. I've owned an OG Mighty as well as the newest revision, and the capsules have changed the game. The liquid capsules are the single best solution for loading and vaporizing concentrates in a portable that also does herb. Matter of fact, I prefer the Mighty with these capsules to any and all pens that I've used so far. It is the best possible solution that I've used so far for reloading concentrates into a portable vape when away from home! Even better than the Puffco+!

One thing I will mention is that I find it best to have 1/4 of a concentrate pad cut to sandwich my dab inside the capsule - this minimizes the reclaim that gets sucked up into the cooling unit :twocents:

Thanks for posting this thread man, it is definitely high time that we had one for the Mighty! :weed:

@herbivore21 thanks for jumping in! I have a question for you. How do you clean the mesh pads in the liquid capsules?

I used to just soak them in iso for a day or two, then rinse in water and dry. After a few cycles they started to get a build up. Then I started soaking in iso, rinse, then soak in a pbw solution for a short while, and rinsing in clean water multiple times.

I've tried torching the mesh, but they turned black , and out of concern I tossed them. The capsules themselves discolor in pbw, so I skipped that too. I'm thinking there may be a better way and would like to hear from other mighty users as to how they clean the mesh pads.

LOVE the Mighty. Portables in my domicile have come and gone, but the Mighty remains.

I do not do concentrates with it very much as a good flower vape is hard to come by (so I don't want to gunk it up) and I have two enails (well, three if you count the FP SH but I don't dab with it either).

I do, occasionally, make a flower/trates/flower sandwich in a dosing capsule and vape that at top temp in the Mighty. By the end of the session its all I can do to finish it.

If my Mighty broke today, I would order another one immediately. I like it that much.

Thanks for opening the Mighty thread.....I agree, its over due.

@herbivore21 thanks for jumping in! I have a question for you. How do you clean the mesh pads in the liquid capsules?

I used to just soak them in iso for a day or two, then rinse in water and dry. After a few cycles they started to get a build up. Then I started soaking in iso, rinse, then soak in a pbw solution for a short while, and rinsing in clean water multiple times.

I've tried torching the mesh, but they turned black , and out of concern I tossed them. The capsules themselves discolor in pbw, so I skipped that too. I'm thinking there may be a better way and would like to hear from other mighty users as to how they clean the mesh pads.
Always happy to assist my friend!

The mesh pads need to be removed to allow for the best possible cleaning. I use a combination of pressurized steam, hot iso bath @ 176f and then a hot water bath @ 250f. During each of those baths, I find that some hard scrubbing with a qtip helps to free any stubborn stuck on particles/stains off of the capsule itself. IME, any staining that doesn't want to come free after a qtipping in the hot iso bath will come free with hot water and visa versa. I clean the mesh in the same way, without the qtip for obvious reasons :dog: I do not torch the mesh for the same reasons you mentioned in your post.

A sonicator would also work wonders for providing a more hands-off agitation during these baths for those who have access to one too. However, I would encourage everybody to replace those SS mesh pads and capsules if they start falling apart or look damaged. I've not needed to do so yet, but I'm sure the time will eventually come. One thing that I should point out is that IME, all concentrate use in the Mighty with these capsules should be done at the Mighty's max temperature. Anything less leads to far too much reclaim IME, and is not able to fully spend all of the concentrate as it wicks over the pad. When I finish a load on max temp, the mesh pad doesn't even feel sticky anymore. It barely needs cleaning.

One consideration I haven't mentioned is if you are using hash that doesn't fully melt. If so, I suggest a thorough brushing (with the included brush :biggrin:) of the mesh pad while it is still hot after you take it out of the Mighty to get the bulk of the powdery residue off the pad. If the residue is sticky and won't come off, you haven't finished vaping it :peace:

LOVE the Mighty. Portables in my domicile have come and gone, but the Mighty remains.

I do not do concentrates with it very much as a good flower vape is hard to come by (so I don't want to gunk it up) and I have two enails (well, three if you count the FP SH but I don't dab with it either).

I do, occasionally, make a flower/trates/flower sandwich in a dosing capsule and vape that at top temp in the Mighty. By the end of the session its all I can do to finish it.

If my Mighty broke today, I would order another one immediately. I like it that much.

Thanks for opening the Mighty thread.....I agree, its over due.
Good point on the gunk factor with concentrates my friend! IME even running concentrates always at the max temp, I prefer to have a separate C/U for concentrates and one for flower as well :peace:Man I've had some beautiful traditional hashes in the Mighty that I wish you could experience, it really makes me realize how much better our cherished old concentrates were than we realized back when we smoked them! :weed::biggrin:

Good point on the gunk factor with concentrates my friend! IME even running concentrates always at the max temp, I prefer to have a separate C/U for concentrates and one for flower as well :peace:Man I've had some beautiful traditional hashes in the Mighty that I wish you could experience, it really makes me realize how much better our cherished old concentrates were than we realized back when we smoked them!

Hello my friend. Good to see some posts from you lately.

Yes indeed....anytime I do any sort of 'trates in the Mighty, its at 410F (do wish it went a bit higher). I tend to put more flower on top of the dab than under in the capsules as concentrate seems to migrate away from the heat. So far, not a lot of gunk but mostly I'm still using my Liger or D-nail SiC Halo for extracted concentrates.

Traditional hashish...my mouth waters for it.

I lived in Baltimore in the late 60's and early 70's. It was a big port town and Pakistan tribal areas, Lebanon, and Afghanistan weren't the war zones they are today. Great hashish back then....everything from soft black hashish to red and gold Moroccan keif.

I never see anything like that anymore.

Had some Nepalese finger hash for a while (well, that's what they called it). It looked like a slab of pencils when they are glued together but not yet cut into individual pencils.

Washington DC dispensaries are now allowed to offer reciprocity to MD patients. I had to see my MMJ Dr for a cert renewal and she is right down the street from a DC dispensary (she's right on the line). I stopped in but they are all still undergoing training on how to use MD's software, but will be selling to MD residents with a card starting next week or so. Prices are about the same (being a med program, its all tested unlike the "legal but not for sale" unregulated rec market. But they have a much wider variety including some Temple Ball type hashish that I just want as it reminds me of....wait for it...1970!!

upload_2018-4-11_15-19-46.png

Hello my friend. Good to see some posts from you lately.
Thanks man, I'm glad to have had some more chances to post here recently. I've had a very busy year and my workload seems to snowball as it progresses! I have missed having more time to share with and learn from you guys! I hope you are very well!

Yes indeed....anytime I do any sort of 'trates in the Mighty, its at 410F (do wish it went a bit higher)
You said it brother! That is my one complaint about the Mighty! I'd love another 50f or so on the max temp, especially to get the heat through those lesser melting hashes in a more timely way.

I tend to put more flower on top of the dab than under in the capsules as concentrate seems to migrate away from the heat. So far, not a lot of gunk but mostly I'm still using my Liger or D-nail SiC Halo for extracted concentrates.
I sandwich my dab in my liquid capsules using another piece of the SS mesh cut to fit snugly on top of the load, basically using it in the same way as you use a little herb. Either method seems to minimize that migration of the dab up through the C/U. I've put grams of 4-5 star hash through the mighty with no more claim buildup in the C/U than what I'd get from my d-nail or liger when used with the same quantity of resin.

I definitely prefer dabbing when I'm at home usually, but sometimes, it is nice to sip on a bowl of hash through the mighty rather than take it all in one hit straight to the dome :weed:

I lived in Baltimore in the late 60's and early 70's. It was a big port town and Pakistan tribal areas, Lebanon, and Afghanistan weren't the war zones they are today. Great hashish back then....everything from soft black hashish to red and gold Moroccan keif.
Man I put a tiny pinch of some very melty and soft dark brown-black traditional hash into the Mighty once and it was incredible. Those rich cured heat pressed hash flavors were so prominent, coffee, chocolate, earthy tones with an aniseed flavor behind it all.

It made me immediately think of how much that would have stretched our stashes back in the hash heyday! When I used to smoke traditional hash, I used an inordinate amount of it compared to that experience with the Mighty! This is much like the experience that most of us have when we go from combusting flower to vaping it. It really conserves the stash!

What a shame that traditional hashes aren't so easy to find anymore!

Washington DC dispensaries are now allowed to offer reciprocity to MD patients. I had to see my MMJ Dr for a cert renewal and she is right down the street from a DC dispensary (she's right on the line). I stopped in but they are all still undergoing training on how to use MD's software, but will be selling to MD residents with a card starting next week or so. Prices are about the same (being a med program, its all tested unlike the "legal but not for sale" unregulated rec market. But they have a much wider variety including some Temple Ball type hashish that I just want as it reminds me of....wait for it...1970!!

upload_2018-4-11_15-19-46-png.3012
Oh man, that is such great news! I hope that this development allows you to consume hash to your heart's content my friend. If you can, please do share pics of those temple balls if/when you get them man, we've not had enough hash pics around here lately! :weed::biggrin:

If you can, please do share pics of those temple balls if/when you get them man,

Will do when I get some. No telling from the picture what it really is like. Just a pig in a poke right now, but I intend to try it and find out for myself.

Cheers, got to run.....adios.

The 420 contest Mighty I won arrived this week with & I have begun a thorough testing period. Thanks to @momofthegoons for running the contest & @PuffItUp for providing the mighty fine prize I am enjoying as I type this.

First things first. The packaging is by far the most professional of any vape I have purchased. Everything is neatly & simply packaged with a consistent branding theme running throughout. The unit itself feels good in the hand & has an air of quality throughout.

After charging the unit & a 10 minute burn off cycle I was ready to go. I ordered 40 capsules & use a coarse Arizer Air screen in the top & a fine one at the bottom of the capsule to make sure no crumbs get through. Using the unit is very intuitive & extremely easy. This is the vape I would recommend for say my parents as it is idiotproof & works very well. There are a few nuances I need to get down to keep the unit running for the length of my session but it is hard to fault so far.

The flavour this vape delivers is the best of any vape I have used. Arizer Air does deliver a better first draw flavour but it is quickly lost whereas the Mighty starts a bit slower but delivers for a lot longer. Direct draw clouds are very satisfying & there is no draw resistance. That is one of the things that continues to amaze me about the Mighty, the absence of draw restriction. That is another thing that makes it a good choice for elderly patients as it is easy to sip away unlike other vapes.

I have found that for direct draw I like to start the unit on 180 & mid way through the capsule I switch to 195. Using the water adapter I run it at 210 & whilst I get nice consistent clouds I feel this vape is better suited for direct draw. I could be spoilt with some of my cloud machines for water but I certainly find the Mighty to be less dense when used through water although there is once again almost nil restriction. That said the clouds go on for quite a while with the Mighty so it is a trade off. It is still great through water & gives very nice clouds.

One other thing that I can't get past is how evenly it vaporises the cannabis. Perfect every time with all goodies extracted. This vaporiser is as good as all the reports & praise it has received over the years. It delivers on every front & I know this will be a part of my daily quiver for quite some time. I have only been using this for four days but I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had to replace this.

Much more testing is required but the early signs are very positive for this vape.

The 420 contest Mighty I won arrived this week with & I have begun a thorough testing period. Thanks to @momofthegoons for running the contest & @PuffItUp for providing the mighty fine prize I am enjoying as I type this.

First things first. The packaging is by far the most professional of any vape I have purchased. Everything is neatly & simply packaged with a consistent branding theme running throughout. The unit itself feels good in the hand & has an air of quality throughout.

After charging the unit & a 10 minute burn off cycle I was ready to go. I ordered 40 capsules & use a coarse Arizer Air screen in the top & a fine one at the bottom of the capsule to make sure no crumbs get through. Using the unit is very intuitive & extremely easy. This is the vape I would recommend for say my parents as it is idiotproof & works very well. There are a few nuances I need to get down to keep the unit running for the length of my session but it is hard to fault so far.

The flavour this vape delivers is the best of any vape I have used. Arizer Air does deliver a better first draw flavour but it is quickly lost whereas the Mighty starts a bit slower but delivers for a lot longer. Direct draw clouds are very satisfying & there is no draw resistance. That is one of the things that continues to amaze me about the Mighty, the absence of draw restriction. That is another thing that makes it a good choice for elderly patients as it is easy to sip away unlike other vapes.

I have found that for direct draw I like to start the unit on 180 & mid way through the capsule I switch to 195. Using the water adapter I run it at 210 & whilst I get nice consistent clouds I feel this vape is better suited for direct draw. I could be spoilt with some of my cloud machines for water but I certainly find the Mighty to be less dense when used through water although there is once again almost nil restriction. That said the clouds go on for quite a while with the Mighty so it is a trade off. It is still great through water & gives very nice clouds.

One other thing that I can't get past is how evenly it vaporises the cannabis. Perfect every time with all goodies extracted. This vaporiser is as good as all the reports & praise it has received over the years. It delivers on every front & I know this will be a part of my daily quiver for quite some time. I have only been using this for four days but I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had to replace this.

Much more testing is required but the early signs are very positive for this vape.
I find the capsules are good for herb/'trate or herb/keif sandwiches but prefer the native bowl for just flower. However, I tend to top off my loads in the native bowl with the liquid pad. Keeps gunk out of the CU and adds a bit of conduction toward the end of the load for really full extraction. Also allows you to run smaller loads than can be readily handled by the native bowl.

Glad you are liking it...if mine went belly up today, a new one would be on order immediately.

Nice review!

After 45 months, we still use our mighty daily. The batteries are getting weaker, so we charge it nightly, but we can still get four bowls per charge, but typically we go through only 2-3 bowls nightly.

We also use and like the liquid pads with rosin. For concentrates it works very well too, although I'd like to see a little more top end temps.

The testing continues & good god I have consumed a lot of weed over the weekend. You could almost say this vape is a "weedeater" compared to logs or VapCaps but it really isn't. It extracts everything perfectly it is just the load size is bigger & that may have something to do with just how fucked I was for the better part of the weekend?

One other thing I should clarify is that this beast is a cloud machine. Zero draw restriction does not allow dense clouds to condense in the can rather they condense in your lungs :nod:. I will try the liquid pad on a small load one day @Baron23 but those capsules work well & are easy enough to pack. I grind a bowl & load some capsules so it is easy of an evening. Too easy to smash 0.15-0.20 in a quick session too often :smoke::sleeping:

That is a pretty good lifespan @Shredder when you think about it. It was what $350 when you got it? If you & your lady have used it daily for 3.5 years it has cost you something like $0.25 per day of ownership. Sounds like a bargain to me.

The testing continues & good god I have consumed a lot of weed over the weekend. You could almost say this vape is a "weedeater" compared to logs or VapCaps but it really isn't. It extracts everything perfectly it is just the load size is bigger & that may have something to do with just how fucked I was for the better part of the weekend?

One other thing I should clarify is that this beast is a cloud machine. Zero draw restriction does not allow dense clouds to condense in the can rather they condense in your lungs :nod:. I will try the liquid pad on a small load one day @Baron23 but those capsules work well & are easy enough to pack. I grind a bowl & load some capsules so it is easy of an evening. Too easy to smash 0.15-0.20 in a quick session too often :smoke::sleeping:

That is a pretty good lifespan @Shredder when you think about it. It was what $350 when you got it? If you & your lady have used it daily for 3.5 years it has cost you something like $0.25 per day of ownership. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Actually as an early adaptor I think I paid $400 something. But no regrets. Sometime soon I'll send it back in. With a trade in I can get a new mighty for $249.

For us it's the vape we use when sharing or when we go to a party. So the larger bowl is a plus and is alright in that situation. I like vap caps and my fury 2 for solo use.

If I seen a better portable, I'd buy it, but after 3+ years I don't think there is one. IMHO anyway.

After another two weeks of testing I am really appreciating what this vape does. Without doubt it vapes weed the most evenly of any vape I have seen. Just a really impressive vape overall. The short shut off is a pain in the butt but that just requires adapting my technique.

Usually my best intention is to have a draw every 45 seconds but you know how that can go especially if you have had multiple capsules :wink:.

S&B are going to break the Guinness record for largest battery powered vaporiser.

XyWES3G.jpg

I just purchased my Mighty from Australian Vaporizers for AU$336/US$243, now I need a wpa, what is the best choice?

Australian Vaporizers are a great company to do business with I have found. Did you get some dosing capsules Les? They are brilliant to use with the Mighty. In fact I just had a capsule & am getting more stoned by the second :cool:. My understanding is the Delta 3D option is the best but we both know it costs a fortune to get stuff shipped out here. I have the standard WPA that you can get locally here. I have no experience with them but they look legit & also have a shitload of Dynavap gear so you may get lucky & find that G tip you seek for the WS?

Personally I prefer using my Mighty natural or via a J hook. Now a J hook really makes it shine as you don't get all the reclaim sitting in your cooling unit.

Thanks for the link, I have a revolver with 8 dosing caps I got for my Plenty's chamber reducer, they are still like new, along with the reducer, they are a handbrake on the Plenty but sound good for the Mighty.:thumbsup:
I think I like the glass adapter better than the printed 3d material just from looks of them, not much choice for us I suppose:thinker:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back