Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued MVT2

Vapes no longer in production

MistVape

Manufacturer
Hello all, been working on a new vape. This is very much like the Touch except I have replaced the touch pad with a button and added an air inlet valve. Also the coil is a bit cooler which means the battery life isn't as good as with the Touch but it is still good. Working on getting a meaningful measure of battery life and I'll post when I have something.
Here is a beta with the air inlet.
xa2FdAT.jpg
NjhUJUh.jpg

the close up of the valve also shows the remnants of the earlier valve attempts on this beta. I went through three designs and like this one the best. A half turn goes from full open to full closed. Full closed still allows restricted hits. The main advantage of the valve is you can avoid overheating and charring very easily by throttling the valve to lower air flow. I get lots of hits from each bowl and they are all tasty.
Working on a couple beta units for testers and hopefully there will be some action soon.

I have replaced the touch pad with a button and added an air inlet valve. Also the coil is a bit cooler
Sounds like some nice improvements to me. :thumbsup: I like that the coil runs a tad cooler personally. The button feature is nice as well.

Lol... I thought of you the other day. I drove past your old work place. You wouldn't believe how that area has built up since 'back then.'

Here a couple of prototypes
X5F3qVw.jpg

The dial is blood wood and has a notch in the face that you can use to turn it. I feel that with the air flow turned down I can up the heat and not char the load.
HGol2Jz.jpg

Didn't do quite as much finishing as a production model but still looks good.
Sent these two to testers and hopefully we will have some info by next week.

Testers have the prototypes so there should be some feedback soon.
I'll do a breakdown of the design fairly soon. The way things are set up I can use exotic wood for the frame but maintain an air path of maple, SS and glass. So imagine the unit made of bocote with a strip of ebony running down the middle. It is going to be awesome looking.

@Fat Freddy the entire idea was worked out empirically, that is I just fooled with until it worked. The MVT and MVT2 tend to heat towards the center and leave the edges not so toasted so my first thought was to try and get the heat to the perimeter of the stem so I put the holes close to the edge. But that caused the center to be under heated so I tried a central hole in addition. Then I thought maybe perimeter holes but not so close to the edge. That really seems to help. With stem rotation and one stir I seem to get thorough extraction.

The sad news is the zebra wood frames didn't hold up. The wood was bowed and I wasn't able to get it planed down flat. Tried to glue it flat but it eventually pulled apart. Have bocote coming so I'll try with that.

The coco bolo looks amazing
u3JBeq9.jpg

There are four of these but I'm keeping one. Probably won't make anymore because after 15 years working with this wood I'm finally allergic to the sawdust from it. I have been itching all week and have a rash around my neck and on my arms.
I believe the units will vape with no problem from coco bolo allergens since the air path is all maple/glass/SS. I'll assemble and use mine for a while before I even consider offering these. They are really gorgeous.

Please mess
@Fat Freddy the entire idea was worked out empirically, that is I just fooled with until it worked. The MVT and MVT2 tend to heat towards the center and leave the edges not so toasted so my first thought was to try and get the heat to the perimeter of the stem so I put the holes close to the edge. But that caused the center to be under heated so I tried a central hole in addition. Then I thought maybe perimeter holes but not so close to the edge. That really seems to help. With stem rotation and one stir I seem to get thorough extraction.

The sad news is the zebra wood frames didn't hold up. The wood was bowed and I wasn't able to get it planed down flat. Tried to glue it flat but it eventually pulled apart. Have bocote coming so I'll try with that.

The coco bolo looks amazing
u3JBeq9.jpg

There are four of these but I'm keeping one. Probably won't make anymore because after 15 years working with this wood I'm finally allergic to the sawdust from it. I have been itching all week and have a rash around my neck and on my arms.
I believe the units will vape with no problem from coco bolo allergens since the air path is all maple/glass/SS. I'll assemble and use mine for a while before I even consider offering these. They are really gorgeous.
Please message me when the MVT2 is ready, I will take one immediately. I love my MVT and I imagine part 2 will be even better!

I'm a huge fanna Milanna. I had 2. Plus a Zion. I need to get warranty work done on 2/3 of them, through a combination of droppage and iffy glue joint. So MVT is kinda tickling my VAS a bit... I kinda thought I was cured. It turns out I have a decided weakness for vapes that aren't all widgety and gadgety. Gimme some wood, some instant-on, and a replaceable battery and I can be happy for quite some time, especially when it works well. PM sent...

I'm kinda liking the MVT in the store with the 8 point naval rose... if it were a 16 point it would match a tattoo, which would be kinda freaky... Anyhoo - I'm on the list for a 2! Woop woop :)

5 units go on sale at $140 noon today. I have nailed down the heater assembly, running a hotter coil and using the heat shield. The air inlet is now a carb hole in the bottom that you cover with your finger, simple and effective. Got real nice dark brown abv, easy to control. planning a video for next week. The betas are all finished and waxed, just need to do assembly and make some battery doors and bottom covers.

thanks to everyone who got in on the betas, the 6 units sold out in several hours. As soon as these get assembled and delivered I'll look at a pre order run of about 20 production units. I've done 4 prototype units, 8 early betas (which included 4 ill fated zebra wood units and 4 coco bolo) and then the 6 bocote betas so I feel pretty comfortable that I have this nailed down.

first beta ready to ship
tpnswBm.jpg

Going in the box now but I wanted to show it off some.
I increased the airflow and put the carb hole on the bottom. The video is slow draw with button pulsing, you can see my finger moving. I didn't use the carb at all. This was 100 mg sequoia strawberry and there is a lot left. This is just the first two hits.
The heat shield ended up making the vapor too harsh so I'm not using it. The increased airflow seems to help control temp.
music by Charlie Parker "Don't blame me"

going to announce a pre order on the MVT2. I will sell 20 units at $169 each, I see the final retail at $189.
Includes stem, 3 extra screens, wong and stir kit. I would like to get feedback from a couple beta users before I do the pre order.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back