Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy My Life Is Starting Over Again

Okay! That does it!

Cheap vegetably based locally alchoholically abused ground plants be damned.

It's so on.

สงสัย-เอียงหัว.gif

????

I don't know what update there is to give?

He was found tripping his balls off in Appalachia. In the Georgia region. He was dehydrated to the point of hallucinations and was taken to the hospital for fluids.

I spoke to him once he woke up and was capable.

He wants nothing to do with me or my project or anything in the human world. He is beyond help.

Sometimes people get lost and there is no coming back.

I don't know what update there is to give?

He was found tripping his balls off in Appalachia. In the Georgia region. He was dehydrated to the point of hallucinations and was taken to the hospital for fluids.

I spoke to him once he woke up and was capable.

He wants nothing to do with me or my project or anything in the human world. He is beyond help.

Sometimes people get lost and there is no coming back.

Hope he is well
Lots of folks disconnect for some time
Too much stimulation
Once he catches his breathe he may come back

I hope so.

He would be goddamn dead if we hadn't sent out a search party for him. It was blind luck he was found. The officer who found him received about a million thank-yous. My friend didn't even care that he was alive.

If he doesn't want to work on the film, fine, whatever. But he doesn't seem to want to even live. I thought I had been there, but I've never seen the kind of blank stare he gave me.

I just don't even know what to bloody do.

So today is the anniversary of when my best friend killed herself when I was 17.

See, there was this cat.

It was a feral cat who had scratched some of my sisters - all of my siblings are older sisters. Guess how much fun that was. I'm the baby boy and only son - mother's favorite. Always sad and lost.

But I have a thing with cats. They listen to me, come to me, do as I suggest. Call me The Cat Whisperer.

My father, the piece of shit asshole whom I hate and am glad is dead, tried to shoot the cat one day but was so drunk that all he did was hit the neighbor's car.

So this new family moves in next door, and they have a daughter the same age as I am at the time. Her name was Audrey and she was beautiful. And we both make friends with this crazy ass cat who is feral as fuck and in the process become friends with each other. She brought the cat into her home.

So it turned out her father was a heroin addict. No one knew until one day Audrey found him dead and overdosed in the bathroom. Fucking needle still sticking out of his arm. That's how she got to see the end of her father's life.

She called me immediately and I took care of it. She was trembling in her bedroom and I just had to deal with it.

She struggled on for another two years and then killed herself. And I found her. The cat, "Spooky," laying next to her. Hissing at me. Slit wrists running from her elbow to her hand. She was not fucking around. The bed was covered in blood. She left a love letter to me. Guess how well I reacted?

I think about her every day. Every fucking day. Yet I forget about it when I've first woken up. And live through it again. As in ... The Every Day Amnesiac.

I never recovered. I'm still the same person I was when I was 17. I never grew up.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I never meant to. I'm an angry person.

This project I've talked about is about Audrey. And how suicide affects the ones around them for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
So today is the anniversary of when my best friend killed herself when I was 17.

See, there was this cat.

It was a feral cat who had scratched some of my sisters - all of my siblings are older sisters. Guess how much fun that was. I'm the baby boy and only son - mother's favorite. Always sad and lost.

But I have a thing with cats. They listen to me, come to me, do as I suggest. Call me The Cat Whisperer.

My father, the piece of shit asshole whom I hate and am glad is dead, tried to shoot the cat one day but was so drunk that all he did was hit the neighbor's car.

So this new family moves in next door, and they have a daughter the same age as I am at the time. Her name was Audrey and she was beautiful. And we both make friends with this crazy ass cat who is feral as fuck and in the process become friends with each other. She brought the cat into her home.

So it turned out her father was a heroin addict. No one knew until one day Audrey found him dead and overdosed in the bathroom. Fucking needle still sticking out of his arm. That's how she got to see the end of her father's life.

She called me immediately and I took care of it. She was trembling in her bedroom and I just had to deal with it.

She struggled on for another two years and then killed herself. And I found her. The cat, "Spooky," laying next to her. Hissing at me. Slit wrists running from her elbow to her hand. She was not fucking around. The bed was covered in blood. She left a love letter to me. Guess how well I reacted?

I think about her every day. Every fucking day. Yet I forget about it when I've first woken up. And live through it again. As in ... The Every Day Amnesiac.

I never recovered. I'm still the same person I was when I was 17. I never grew up.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I never meant to. I'm an angry person.

This project I've talked about is about Audrey. And how suicide affects the ones around them for the rest of their lives.

You need to copy the above and hand it over to the head of a support group for suicide survivors
Tell them your idea
Your story stands on its own merit
Just a "I have no idea what I'm talking about perspective"
Do not change the tone
I would watch something from the first sentence to the last and just let you expand on everything in the middle
No disrespect if you have a script already

If a support group were to ask me, I'd definitely tell them my story. And break down into a weeping fit in the process.

It's the thing people don't get about suicide. Some people do it for revenge or attention or sadness, but they don't understand the repercussions - you are changing the life of everyone you care about for the rest of their lives.

I know some people like to say, "Suicide is the most selfish choice there is."

I don't agree with that. To me, your life is your choice.

But you should think about the ramifications of those choices first. Something I'm still learning.

At this point in my life, I try to tell myself, "Would mother be upset if I did this?"

Doesn't always work. But it helps.

You don't have to be Norman Bates. But listen to your mother.

If a support group were to ask me, I'd definitely tell them my story. And break down into a weeping fit in the process.

It's the thing people don't get about suicide. Some people do it for revenge or attention or sadness, but they don't understand the repercussions - you are changing the life of everyone you care about for the rest of their lives.

I know some people like to say, "Suicide is the most selfish choice there is."

I don't agree with that. To me, your life is your choice.

But you should think about the ramifications of those choices first. Something I'm still learning.

At this point in my life, I try to tell myself, "Would mother be upset if I did this?"

Doesn't always work. But it helps.

You don't have to be Norman Bates. But listen to your mother.
Nicely said and very happy to see you.

@EveryDayAmnesiac Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. Such a sad story about your friend. Something that definetly changed the trajectory of your life. No amount of meds could get a person to forget about that. Just talking and then talking some more. Surrounding yourself with good, positive people. I’m not sure how I would have dealt with such a horrible thing. I don’t believe that things happen for a reason either. That poor precious girl. All that crap about things in life making you stronger is BS. I’m sorry that happened, really sorry.

In high school I worked with a girl who had found her boyfriend that committed suicide. He had hung himself. She was having a difficult time and never did come back to work. I don’t think she stayed in school after that.

Thank you for your comments, @CarolKing. They were very kind.

I ran away after that - I had been living in Minnesota - and I was found by a private detective and I was "living" in a heroin den in Los Angeles that he dragged me out of because my father had paid him an obscene amount of money. My father never forgave me. And I never talked about it.

I'm not even a high school graduate. No general equivalency diploma. My sadness knows no bounds. I'm lost in sound.

Well what a perfect opportunity for another sneak peek at another cut of the soundtrack:

So lady friend keeps digging through my boxes of old drafts and she happened upon this one opening that used to be the opening I wanted for this project but I decided it was just too much and too confusing and too grandiose. She disagreed and said it would get everyone's attention immediately. Feel free to tell me your thoughts, either way.

I'm posting this video version of the song because the girl's dancing is ridiculous, but also kind of the reaction I was looking for - a song you've never heard of and yet you just kinda like it and you don't know why.

Before the audience meets or even sees any character, the camera would fade from black into this:

So the camera fades into a panoramic view of another galaxy, one unknown.

It's an enormous static shot filled with oddly colored planets, stars, suns, meteors, all of which is animated in a semi-childlike way. It is a gigantic shot where an obviously great distance is between the "front" and “back” of the screen.

The scene is most colorful in the center. But a black speck keeps coming closer and slowly starts swallowing more and more of the screen.

A ship flies into the monolith but comes out the other side, as though it were only passing behind it. As it gets closer, the audience can see that it's spinning. It's reminiscent of the monolith in 2001. It gradually keeps coming closer to the screen.

The vibe is slow, moody, strange.

Halfway through the song, it's close enough that the audience can see it's a coffin. Not animated in a childlike way. The camera still does not move. The space coffin keeps getting closer and closer, spinning gracefully.

Near the end of "Bad News From The Stars," when the track seems to be over, the coffin finally engulfs the screen into blackness aggressively, as though the point of its trip across the void was to absorb the camera / viewer.

The screen goes to black.

The sound of a giant spacecraft is passing over directly overhead. It is loud enough to make the theater seem to shake. While in blackness, the audience hears the last words of the song, but they are intensified and reverberate. There is silence and blackness remains.

The idea was to make the audience wonder what the fuck was going on - as in watching the intro to Eraserhead by David Lynch ... but not alienating them. It's difficult to surprise an audience these days without gimmicks or making them decide to just watch reruns of The Office instead.

The pay off would be at the end of the movie, when the scene basically plays in reverse and leads into the credits.

:hmm:

So ... lady friend is digging through all my old albums and she comes upon this little song. She immediately insists I include it and that she sings a cover of it.

Note the viola at about 2:00 minutes in. :cry:

I actually have a good Paul Westerberg story. It's a story that involves me having to apologize to him. I might tell it someday. :nod:

He and I used to be neighbors. And I made a complete idiot out of myself.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back