Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy My Life Is Starting Over Again

So ... I had some splainin to do.

This is one I've been playing close to the chest. Not even Sierra knew the reason.

So we're going to pay a shit ton of money to get a B-side Pixies track. And Jacob decided it was time to ask why the fuck we would pay this much money for a song that is a truncated song about space aliens putting on a show in Las Vegas.

So ... I kind of had to explain.

In my early 20s, at maybe my darkest time, I stopped my car in the middle of the highway on a foggy night. Turned the lights off. And waited. For whatever. I'm not proud of this moment of my life, but that's what happened.

So ... a man in a giant truck smashed my car into a million pieces. And for reasons maybe for contunious punishment or forgiveness, I lived. Many weeks in the hospital, but I lived. The other man walked away without a scratch. A few hours of stitches.

Another event my father had to pay for ... another one he never forgave me for. Can't really blame him.

But that's a scene in the movie I've been insisting on. Everyone loves a car crash scene. And this one actually happened. I think it's a great way to show the darkness in the heart of The Narrator. He wishes nothing more than to to die. And he's not fucking around.

It has been called "stupid" and "pointless" and too "Fight Club."

:hmm:

Anyway, the previous song was the song.

1642340765423.png

Well, while the crew - the ones still recovering from Omicron Covid - and I are starting to get back to work, my lovely little Sierra dropped her finished rough draft of Project #2 on us. It's unclear whether it's a sequel or a prequel or its own thing.

I read it in one sitting. I figured I was being biased but Jacob and Jason and Ariel and Alisha and Edith all had the same reaction.

This is the sort of story only a young person could write. A person who has not been corrupted by adulthood but has experienced it. It is ... Truffaut's 400 Blows meets Plath's The Bell Jar meets meets Kafka's The Metamorphosis meets One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest meets Catwoman meets Amanda Waller and then she falls in love with a pathetic little white boy. It's ... a read.

It needs some work ... but this script is now hers. And the smile on her face when she received such positivity ... I've never seen a smile like it. Sierra is the most beautiful girl in the world.

There is still no official title for it.

Well, while the crew - the ones still recovering from Omicron Covid - and I are starting to get back to work, my lovely little Sierra dropped her finished rough draft of Project #2 on us. It's unclear whether it's a sequel or a prequel or its own thing.

I read it in one sitting. I figured I was being biased but Jacob and Jason and Ariel and Alisha and Edith all had the same reaction.

This is the sort of story only a young person could write. A person who has not been corrupted by adulthood but has experienced it. It is ... Truffaut's 400 Blows meets Plath's The Bell Jar meets meets Kafka's The Metamorphosis meets One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest meets Catwoman meets Amanda Waller and then she falls in love with a pathetic little white boy. It's ... a read.

It needs some work ... but this script is now hers. And the smile on her face when she received such positivity ... I've never seen a smile like it. Sierra is the most beautiful girl in the world.

There is still no official title for it.

She comfortable sharing a paragraph?

Seems like a possibility. She keeps on hinting that she will join the forum.

But she's quite shy when meeting "against" smart people.

In any event, we'll see. She will post anything and everything on Instagram and YouTube and Patreon and Twitter and whatever the fuck else because it doesn't mean anything, I guess. But she's shy about any forum I'm involved with because I guess she doesn't want to make a scene.

I don't fucking know.

She's the sort of girl who will walk away at the first sign of trouble.

Yet, she woke me up at 5am to bring her ice water and a sliced banana and then took over the whole bed with the cats, dog, and racoon and angrily ordered some cheesy eggs and then went back to sleep.

If she were anyone else ...

So we filmed our first scene on real film today. Like the film actually exists.

Me. Walking through an abandoned parking lot in Sylva NC. Want to come check it out? Let me know. It's a strip mall that only has a bowling "center" still operating and has windows so tainted you would never know it was open.

Also, there's a pawn shop open at the very edge of the strip.

But here's the thing. A 20 year-old trying to walk around like a broken man in his 40's - it's doesn't work.

They tried to film this while I was in one of my moods - as in, hungover as fuck - and it didn't work. You can't fake that kind of depression. It's a long shot that doesn't even matter if you know it's me or not. But I guess it does. I guess it's my Joker stance. At least I'm doing something right.

So yeah. That's the first thing we filmed with real cameras. You heard it here first.

And this was the song I listened to:

:smile:So we filmed our first scene on real film today. Like the film actually exists.

Me. Walking through an abandoned parking lot in Sylva NC. Want to come check it out? Let me know. It's a strip mall that only has a bowling "center" still operating and has windows so tainted you would never know it was open.

Also, there's a pawn shop open at the very edge of the strip.

But here's the thing. A 20 year-old trying to walk around like a broken man in his 40's - it's doesn't work.

They tried to film this while I was in one of my moods - as in, hungover as fuck - and it didn't work. You can't fake that kind of depression. It's a long shot that doesn't even matter if you know it's me or not. But I guess it does. I guess it's my Joker stance. At least I'm doing something right.

So yeah. That's the first thing we filmed with real cameras. You heard it here first.

And this was the song I listened to:

Directing something that hits so close to home...
Couldn't imagine
Sincerely wish you luck and be careful emotionally
Tried to put an emoji in but my sausage fingers put it in your quoted post
Best I can do

There has been some confusion about what I mean by "Joker Stance."

Given my crippling depression, I'm not going to be there for every long shot. So I had to show this clip.

Joker at 0:08 is "Joker Stance." You can see his pain and anger and spite and hurt in those few seconds. That ... is my natural pose. And yeah. It gets some looks. Mostly by women whom I creep the fuck out. But you got to suffer for your art!

I don't think Ledger was the best Joker, but he definitely played the part right for this movie. I've got some issues with some of his choices, but at the end of the day, he did a great job. His makeup and coat were amazing.

There has been some confusion about what I mean by "Joker Stance."

Given my crippling depression, I'm not going to be there for every long shot. So I had to show this clip.

Joker at 0:08 is "Joker Stance." You can see his pain and anger and spite and hurt in those few seconds. That ... is my natural pose. And yeah. It gets some looks. Mostly by women whom I creep the fuck out. But you got to suffer for your art!

I don't think Ledger was the best Joker, but he definitely played the part right for this movie. I've got some issues with some of his choices, but at the end of the day, he did a great job. His makeup and coat were amazing.

Honestly give the nod to Cesar Romero who was constrained by 60s TV
Always thought there was something camp about the joker

But Ledger
I felt he channeled Jokers inner demon
The absurdity
Blowing up the hospital
Doesn't go quite right and his response

I like Cesar too, but I hate that he wouldn't shave his mustache. It looks so strange but it kind of works ... in a way. I guess. Although if you're watching the Adam West Batman and taking it seriously ... you need to really take a long hard cold look at yourself.

Yeah there is some inherent camp there. Although when Alan Moorw and and Frank Miller and Grant Morrison came along that camp seemed to fade. Quickly. And then Jared Leto came along in the first Suicide Squad movie. Guh. I didn't like anything about that movie. Not even Harley. It was like a microwave dinner that you think is going to be a gourmet meal. It's cheap pastry and cheese and will only make you spend the night on the toilet. Utter shit.

Yeah I liked Ledger Joker. It seemed as if he didn't make sense at times though. I mean, he can go toe to toe with Batman in a fight at the end? No explanation for that. I get he's a mysterious figure but Batman is a highly trained fighter and Joker gets him down with a net and some dogs? C'mon.

And the boat scenes. Uck.

I wish they had maybe given Joker like 5 more minutes of screen time and five less to Harvey. I grew bored with Harvey after a while.

But the scene where Joker sleds down that pyramid of money is priceless. :lmao:

"It's not about money - it's about sending a message. Everything burns."

His Glasgow smile is incredible.

I like Cesar too, but I hate that he wouldn't shave his mustache. It looks so strange but it kind of works ... in a way. I guess. Although if you're watching the Adam West Batman and taking it seriously ... you need to really take a long hard cold look at yourself.

Yeah there is some inherent camp there. Although when Alan Moorw and and Frank Miller and Grant Morrison came along that camp seemed to fade. Quickly. And then Jared Leto came along in the first Suicide Squad movie. Guh. I didn't like anything about that movie. Not even Harley. It was like a microwave dinner that you think is going to be a gourmet meal. It's cheap pastry and cheese and will only make you spend the night on the toilet. Utter shit.

Yeah I liked Ledger Joker. It seemed as if he didn't make sense at times though. I mean, he can go toe to toe with Batman in a fight at the end? No explanation for that. I get he's a mysterious figure but Batman is a highly trained fighter and Joker gets him down with a net and some dogs? C'mon.

And the boat scenes. Uck.

I wish they had maybe given Joker like 5 more minutes of screen time and five less to Harvey. I grew bored with Harvey after a while.

But the scene where Joker sleds down that pyramid of money is priceless. :lmao:

"It's not about money - it's about sending a message. Everything burns."

His Glasgow smile is incredible.

The "stache" is what gave it the charm

Don't know enough about actual film making to understand the nuances of screen time completely
But scenes like the blind man in Young Frankenstein have always fascinated me
Gene Hackman stole the movie with that one scene
I was going to make espresso

For all of the hundreds, or dozens, or ... two people who read this thread.

There are a whole lot of projects going on. I'm not talking about YT projects, but like ... you know ... real movies. So ... any suggestions, questions, etc, specifically song-wise, would be appreciated.

Project #1: Read the thread.

Project #2: An ambiguous love story taking place in a mental hospital - and could possibly be a sequel or prequel to #1.

Project #3: A sort of superhero / spy thriller.

Project #4 : Coming of age tale that is fluff and cheese but also cute and nice and makes you feel good. May possibly be The Narrator from #1 guiding it.

Project #5: A sci-fi mini-series that is dark and creepy and you hate the villain until you realize he was a good guy all along working behind the scenes to bring it all down.

Project #6: As I recently posted, a documentary review on the restaurant industry, particularly fast food, or as they call it "quick serve" industry.

Project #7: The end of everything. I'm talking Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy end of everything.

This is what I'm juggling through every day. While with a high maintenance girlfriend, a racoon desperate for attention, a puppy who wants to destroy anything in her path, plus planning the night's dinner for whomever is coming over. And I need to keep up to date with everything going on in the media.

But yeah ... it's not like I have a job or anything.

So yeah. Let me know what you think. I may not like it at first, but sometimes it takes weeks, or years, for something to seep in.

So my crew and I are trying to create a "cinematic universe" where everything is taking place at nearly the same time. Or at least in the same universe.

Not that is has to, but that it could be.

And then, as previously posted, Sierra dropped a bombshell on us with a script that no one was prepared for. And I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Not to suck myself off, or even just give myself a stiffy, but I know a little something about film. I don't know how to disinfect a wound or what causes a frog's throat or why warts happen ... but I can tell you what Jerry Seinfeld's first joke was or what Terry Gilliam's first film was. Different strokes.

ANYWAY .... so when Sierra dropped this bombshell, I didn't know what to do. I thought she was the pretty one and I was the writer. Turns out she was both. Still haven't drank enough water to swallow that bitter ass pill. Maybe I helped her a bit along the way. Or so I tell myself. I think it was there all along.

She's going to join the forum in the next few days. Be nice to her. She's rather shy. You'll like her.

And she's going to finish The Every Day Amnesiac for me. SO YOU BE NICE! :nod:

Well we figured it out. By science. Okay not so much by science but more like using our fucking brains.

It being Spring Break, we decided to get some shots because the University is deserted. And while watching the footage, we realized why I walk differently than my "double." It's because of my limp. And the trench coat doesn't hurt.

Skateboarding accident. In high school. I wasn't on the skateboard. Ryan was. And it caused me more surgery and pain than anyone could give a fuck about. So I guess I have to be me for any scene. Boo hoo. Poor me. Damn I look good in that coat though.

I gotta admit. Nobody does me like me.

Sierra is the one who noticed it, really.

It's a crazy bad limp though. It makes you feel like the world is shit. Maybe it is. Wasn't my plan.

Had an interesting experience today. The 5 girls packed into a house that is meant for 2 - must be some kind of Suspiria thing going there - came over when Sierra and I were using our practice Lucille's on the dead ass tree that smashed my back window of my car. We use it for firewood. And yeah. We bash the goddamn shit out of it. Works out the aggression. To some extent.

Harley runs back inside. Rocket just watches.

So the two shy ones at #7 (We're #9) come over and ask what we're doing. I told her, in my best Negan, "We're beating the holy goddamn hell out of this clusterfuck of a fuck a fallen tree and we're going to burn the shit out of it!"

I've been told by my lady to not talk like Negan anymore. I've declined this order.

Sierra and I now have our two Lucille's - which are only to be used to used on special occasions to protect against fancy people - but then 11 other practice Lucille's. Wood breaks. Wood cracks. Love hurts. And the way she smacks this tree ... fucking hell. She needs a new one nearly every day. Do not fuck with this girl. I don't know where she goes in her head, but it's certainly a dark place. I don't even know how someone her size can create that amount of force.

So the two shy girls from Suspiria land come over and want in. And they bashed like they had 19 years of rage bottled in. There is not much tree left. They broke two bats in the process.

But they promise to bring two bottles of wine over tonight for a bonfire. Which they did.

But it's girls only. So I'm sitting inside reading comics and hearing cackling.

Sometimes, it's difficult to be a man.

And the hits just keep on coming!

My special as fuck little lady found a cover of "Heart of Darkness" by The Culture In Memoriam and has been listening to it for days. To the point where she was making out with me in the rain today. It was raining the shit out of the shit here today. Clouds right up the ass. And we just embraced our sadness and let it roll. There's not really a link for it. You'll just have to look it up.

And by the way, Aramark sent me an E-mail, "Because of your language and/or behavior, it has been decided that your character is unbecoming of the Aramark standard and we think it best to not be associated with you."

:rofl:

Oh my fucking holy of holy fucks. Could you possibly complement on a higher scale?

Anyway. Sierra and I ended up kissing in the ridiculous rain hitting the South these past few days. While Aramark is at 25% work capacity and no one wants to be there.

It's a brave new world.

Aramark. Chortle my fucking balls.

I need to talk about this because I have to

Michaels writing is sexy. Oh my god I just look at him sometimes and I want to jump on him lol

I didn't know what they were doing but when I read what eda wrote I couldn't stop shaking. He really doesn't know what he's made. It's the saddest thing ever and I'm grateful to be a part of it.

Audrey bis like the best ever character.. I've never known anything like this

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back