Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Navigating the asylum

We also had to turn on what is called image proxying -
Yeah I can tell. Lots of empty image markers now. I hope you can smooth it out because having to reload a page several times to see all the pics makes this site very hard to use.

Yeah I can tell. Lots of empty image markers now. I hope you can smooth it out because having to reload a page several times to see all the pics makes this site very hard to use.
Myself also. I don't get a red X....just a text showing the image file name.

If I reload the page it seems to pull the photo in. In one of my posts, I have two pics. When I reload, it will grab the first one. Then I need to reload again to get both of them. File size isn't even close to your limits.

This seems to be common across threads, but the one I referred to is here:

Picture This....

Peace all!

Thought this was a good place to mention that we are attempting to move to 100% https mode, so we are tightening up any random non-secure smilies, etc. We also had to turn on what is called image proxying - and we now have an inserted OR uploaded graphic size limit of 16MB as a result.

If any images show up as a red x placeholder, please check the size of the image that is attempting to be posted.

Peace, and on to mopping!

:smoke:

Thanks for letting us know bud, there is no shortcut to securing up a site and despite the disruption I think you are doing a great job :thumbsup:

I want to say a huge thank you to all of you that have toughed it through all of these issues with us. :enamored:

I'm gonna have to find a way to make it up to you all.....:thinker: :idea:
A community with full HTTPS functioning is reward enough IMO :biggrin: :clap:

Also I should take the opportunity to say a big thank you to my old buddy @OldOyler for the hard work :cheers:

obviously i have to take matters into my own hands and point out yr all fucking blind.

I give you 'green snot on the top banner'

2hx6l1h.jpg

Just like they ridiculed the Wright brothers, Copernicus & Bruce Jenner.
Some of us visionaries do not let yr laughter, finger pointing & making of the cray- cray sign :mental: to put us off from telling you all to kiss my ass.

Now in all seriousness, I noticed it a couple of weeks ago & yesterday I cleared my cookies and browser history, and kaboom its gone.

Its now not there but it looked like its been placed on purpose (as opposed to some random splotches)

anyhoo, I fucken told yas I wasnt crazy.

I feel much better now.
It appears that @dorkus_molorkus has somehow infected my phone with his green snot... :uhoh:

For your viewing pleasure, I now give you "green snot on the banner II"

ZVwP0O0.jpg

Dorkus, just because we met at a Chronic Masturbators Anonymous meeting once doesn't mean it's cool for you to spray your green slime all over my place. Keep it in the bathroom, at least?

:smoke:

:peace:

Last edited:
Dorkus, just because we met at a Chronic Masturbators Anonymous meeting once doesn't mean it's cool for you to spray your green slime all over my place. Keep it in the bathroom, at least?

Well I suggest you get a better lock on yr door. I mean that triple deadlock with the titanium chain hardly says ' pls dont sneak over and blow Slimer from Ghost busters' now does it?

Perhaps you should make these things a bit more clearer? I know I have boundary issues, but on this occasion I really think you dropped the ball on this one.

On a serious note,

I fucking told you all, didnt I?

Maybes its like a hidden trophy? Vape a hundred bowls & win some weed bukakke upon yr banner?

@momofthegoons you might need to check with xenforo. Are they jizzing on our stuff?

Anyhoo, as my Grandma used to say,

Better to be jizzed upon yr top banner, than have to remove it from yr beard.

I know that some of you, myself included, have had some frustration loading images. I wanted to explain what's going on.

The problem is two fold. When we started, one of the things I wanted to give our members was a secure, https site. This and the DDoS attacks forced me to get software protection (cloudflare) for the site. And that's where the problem lies. Everything we do here is filtered first through cloudflare. This causes a latency in loading pictures when using a photo hosting site. The first image may load and then you'll find your second one (or post) has an error with a red x. However, given time, the image eventually loads.

This can be quite frustrating. Believe me... I know.

What you may, or may not, know is that we have the ability to bypass an image hosting site completely by uploading directly from your computer or mobile.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 9.08.32 AM.jpg

With this feature, you can then choose to upload the file as a thumbnail or full image.

I'm sorry for any frustration this image issue has caused.

I learned something new last night..... you don't even have to use the upload tab. You can just drag the image into the reply box and this shows up.....

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 7.38.49 AM.jpg

Then the little box shows up asking if you want to upload as a thumbnail or full image. Doesn't get much easier than that lol! Who knew? :razz2:

I learned something new last night..... you don't even have to use the upload tab. You can just drag the image into the reply box and this shows up.....

View attachment 834

Then the little box shows up asking if you want to upload as a thumbnail or full image. Doesn't get much easier than that lol! Who knew? :razz2:
Yep, that's what I have been doing. Just drag it to the post.

Smartie pants.....:tongue:
hehehehe...I don't think I discovered this on my own but I may have. I thought somebody turned me on to it but its the way I have been doing it all along.

Also, sometimes when I have problem uploading, I hit the "More Options" button and upload to that screen and often that seems to clear things up...but probably just coincidental.

Its WAY better than on other sites where you need 3rd party hosting which many sites are cracking down on and wanting exhorbinant amount of money to use them in that manner (yeah, you Photobucket...kiss my keister)

Cheers

Several members have approached me regarding starting up a classified section. I've finally caved and have set one up. With the size of our forum, it will be fairly rudimentary. I've set it up as a stand alone forum in the Recreation Room area of the site. Let me know if you have any questions. You know where to find me lol.....

Is there a way to change the sites background on my end? Too much stuff going on makes it hard to read for me.
Down in the left hand, bottom corner you will see the word 'Suerix.' That is the style name of what's being used. If you click that, you will have a style choice of this or the default style which is a plain white background. :smile:

Is there a way to change the sites background on my end? Too much stuff going on makes it hard to read for me.

I'm always late to the party...

Down in the left hand, bottom corner you will see the word 'Suerix.' That is the style name of what's being used. If you click that, you will have a style choice of this or the default style which is a plain white background. :smile:

But, when using the 'white' background which I prefer, some colors of text are very hard to read or unreadable. I switched back to black. YMMV

But, when using the 'white' background which I prefer, some colors of text are very hard to read or unreadable. I switched back to black. YMMV
Some of us have been using yellow to show our thoughts prior to a news article... and that's one of the colors that's hard to see in the default setting unless you highlight it.

Getting a few more backgrounds is one of the things on my list of 'to do's.' So while we are discussing, is there a color you'd like to see or does anyone have a version in mind they'd like to see added? I'll see what I can do.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back