Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Navigating the asylum

Sometimes, but not now, I have a different look on the forum. Lots of color and side stuff going on. It's happened twice this week, and it's on my very old IPad 1. Now the site looks normal but I swear this asylum is crazy, lol

It's almost like two pages over lapping.

I've obviously slipped into another dimension. One not defined, not agreed to, on any known human terms, but burrowing into my brain pan like an angry weasel, with evil intent. Either that or I'm high.

Last edited:
A little update....

We have an add on that controls our media. And every now and then they update it..... without telling us the ramifications. I have been driving myself nuts trying to figure out why we are having so many issues with Imgur... well....

The latest update affected Imgur and you no longer use the Image drop down box from the toolbar for images pulled from there. You can just post the url directly into the message for it to load. It WILL NOT load from the drop down box anymore.

A little update....

We have an add on that controls our media. And every now and then they update it..... without telling us the ramifications. I have been driving myself nuts trying to figure out why we are having so many issues with Imgur... well....

The latest update affected Imgur and you no longer use the Image drop down box from the toolbar for images pulled from there. You can just post the url directly into the message for it to load. It WILL NOT load from the drop down box anymore.
which URL, Mom? Does it need to be the one with the IMG code or just straight URL?

upload_2018-2-23_10-26-50.png

Just the straight url.
Let me add that this is Imgur only. To my knowledge; any other photo hosting site still needs the url in the drop down. I tried loading a gif from Giphy directly and it did not work; Imgur does. :mental:

I know this is probably going to cause a lot of confusion and I am trying to find a work around or another media add on to use. In the meantime.... I guess it's fitting for an asylum. :shakehead:

A little update....

I posted a pic in the fury friends as I always do and it seemed to work with the drop down

I posted a pic in the fury friends as I always do and it seemed to work with the drop down
I guess I should be more specific..... images like the one you posted (that end with .jpg or .png) still use the drop down. It's images that come from media hosting site galleries that can be directly posted. So if you go to Imgur and pull one of their pics, the url is posted in the body of the message. It will not work with the drop down. These images usually have the word 'gallery' in the url.

Is there a way to extend the time for editing posts? I'm not sure what the time limit is, but it seems short. Sometimes after a session, I don't articulate my thoughts well. LOL

We have a new feature. :biggrin:

You can now download directly from Instagram. Copy the link of any pictures from the home page of an IG member.
Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 11.35.10 PM.jpg

Then paste it into the body of your reply

And voila..... :biggrin:

Edit: We are experiencing trouble using this method with iPhones.... looking into it! :sherlock:

Edit #2: When using an iPhone, you need to add www. after the https// in your url.

Last edited:
We've made some additions to the site. :biggrin:

First off we have added responsive tags. You'll see a list of popular tags at the top of each forum page.

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 9.46.13 AM.jpg

When you hover over a tag, it will open a wiki type link giving you a definition or description of the tag. If you click on it, a list of all the threads using this tag will open up.

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 1.04.43 PM.jpg

If you click on the View Information tab, a description or definition will open:

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 1.04.21 PM.jpg

Clicking on a tag will give you a listing of all threads using the tag.

It's still a work in progress so if you see a tag that you feel needs a description (or want to add to the current description) shoot me a pm. :smile:

And......

We have added a Media Gallery. Members can keep an album of their media as well as adding media to the categories (Vaporizers, etc.). This should be a great way to keep all your media in one place for future reference or 'viewing pleasure.' The tab for the Media Gallery is located up in the left hand corner of the home pagel. Note that images do not automatically get added to the Media Gallery when posted in a thread. Members need to post them to the gallery in order for them to be included there:

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 2.59.19 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 2.58.41 PM.jpg

Media can be liked, commented on, and rated.

Last edited:
I am sorry if anyone had any issues this morning with the site. Not quite sure why yet, but we were getting errors like crazy. We rebooted the server (which may have kicked a few of you off... again my apologies) and that should, hopefully, solve the problem. So far so good. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your patience....and sorry for any inconvenience.

As you can probably see, we've undertaken a major upgrade to the software today and things look a little different. :smile: We'll be tweaking it as time goes by...

This was a necessary change since the old xenforo software was no longer supported and was outdated. Sorry if it causes anyone any problems or confusion getting used to our 'new look' or if our down time freaked any of you out.

As you can probably see, we've undertaken a major upgrade to the software today and things look a little different. :smile: We'll be tweaking it as time goes by...

This was a necessary change since the old xenforo software was no longer supported and was outdated. Sorry if it causes anyone any problems or confusion getting used to our 'new look' or if our down time freaked any of you out.
Very well!
Thank you for being open to improving the site!
Your the best!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back